Indonesian villagers find inflatable sex doll, worship it as an angel.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36189614?SThisFB

Indonesian police have confiscated a sex toy from a remote village after its inhabitants and some on social media mistook it for an "angel". The doll was found in March floating in the sea by a fisherman in the Banggai islands in Sulawesi province.

His family took care of the doll, and pictures soon spread online along with claims it was an angel.Police investigated amid fears the rumours would cause unrest, and found it was in fact an inflatable sex doll.

Indonesian news portal Detik said photos of the doll dressed demurely and wearing a hijab spread on social media shortly after its discovery.
    Rumours then began to spread that it was a "bidadari" along with unverified stories about how it was found "stranded and crying", prompting the police investigation.

Many across Indonesia continue to hold strong beliefs in the supernatural, including the existence of "bidadari", which is a type of angel or spirit.
    Local police chief Heru Pramukarno told reporters that villagers had found the doll shortly after the rare March solar eclipse that swept across South East Asia.
    The timing of the discovery led some to believe the doll had a divine provenance.

"They have no internet, they don't know what a sex toy is," the police chief was quoted as saying by AFP news agency.

In 2012, a TV station in China's Xian city apologised after running a false report that a local farmer had discovered a giant piece of precious lingzhi mushroom.

The fleshy object, found in a well by the farmer, was identified by many viewers as a sex toy made of silicone.

Shit, I hope it doesn't still have my DNA on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wonder what the op was looking at to have inflatable sex doll come up as a news item.
    also was it a blood elf sex doll? if so it truly was an angel.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    what are you implying?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    just like you get all your news from facebook. also i don't shop at wal-mart i shop at local supermarket chains. my parents shop at wal-mart i HATE WALMART. too many ugly draenei there who spend all their time on facebook.

Did they call it an angel, before or after they had their fun with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Did they call it an angel, before or after they had their fun with it?
    they didn't know what it was. so no they probably barely touched it.

its kind of... moving in a way. they find this lowly thing, a joke and used for base acts, and perceived something divine.
    perhaps then there is hope for all of us lowly creatures.

Deleted
    Sometimes i feel like what Michelangelo, Da Vinci, Plato and Nietzsche must have felt like living in a world with such ignorance and stupidity.

I won't make fun of or fault people for true ignorance that's beyond their control when there's so much willful stupidity, cruelty, and ignorance in the world/this forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine what kind of religion might arise from it, given time.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I won't make fun of or fault people for true ignorance that's beyond their control when there's so much willful stupidity, cruelty, and ignorance in the world/this forum.
    The purpose in posting wasn't to poke fun at them, rather to highlight culture's impact on the perception of everyday objects.

Although yes the fact that it was a sex doll is pretty funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    That came to mind! Haha.

Deleted
    I saw this a couple of days ago and nearly posted it, but thought it might get locked etc due to the whole angel thing

Good fun story

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    the master arce the sin'dorei of course!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    the master arce the sin'dorei of course!
    How dare you... Zerg are the master race. For your blasphemy, you deserve a whipping!

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well! Hilarious!

That is not the sex doll I thought it was going to be. They put a hajib on her, lol. For an angel he seems a little familiar.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland