Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I do not know, you tell me why the countries who want to disperse refugees can break the Dublin agreement.

A nation can accept a refugee that has been registered elsewhere, they are not obligated to.
    Because the Dublin agreement only talks about processing the claim, nothing about keeping them.
    And as an seperate issue: Why do you hate Greece that much that you want to see it overrun and collapse? Or do you want to create Greece refugees after that collapse? Is that it? Any grudges we should know about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    No but it does say that fingerprints are needed.

It's all fine that you drive the "it's not written exactly so I can understand it, therefore it's not so" attitude.

Fact is that the first country they enter need to register their fingerprint, if not well then the Dublin treaty is not in effect, you might not like it, but that's how it is and how you country agreed to do it.
    The member state in which they make their application is the one responsible, the fingerprints are to make sure they do not try and claim asylum in another member state, otherwise you just refuse to fingerprint anybody and not have to take any asylum seekers.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think you have misunderstood the relationship.

You are the ungrateful child who got influenced by those French and Spanish strumpets, we have disowned you and now we only acknowledge Australia, New Zealand and Canada as our legitimate children.
    Except when you need us to save you from the continent's latest brand of aggressive demagogue: Kaiser Wilhelm, Hitler,Stalin, Putin. Although in both of the Russian cases, we're there first, because prevention is better than a cure.

" We must never get out of step with the Americans. Never." ----- Winston Churchill

It's ok Kalis, we still like you guys. Good drinks ( Guiness f yeah), music, theater, etc.

I mean, only Israel comes to mind other than Britain when I think of countries the US would actually trouble itself to help even if we weren't directly threatened.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    No, it can't. We have Finland in landborder to the north-east and then we have Norway in central-west, north-west and northern part. Over the sea we have Poland, the baltic countries and Denmark and so forth.
    You border a sea that borders countries that aren't member states.

Deleted
    or avoid beeing registered in previous countries, a concept so advanced that apparently some people can't comprehend it.
    http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel...rtikel=6376193

Nu har svenska migrationsverket beslutat att Samir och hans familj ska skickas tillbaka till Ungern enligt Dublinförordningen som säger att det är det första EU-land som en person kommer till som ska pröva ansökan. Grekland är undantaget. Samir och hans familj har överklagat beslutet men Migrationsdomstolen har kommit fram till samma sak.
    The Swedish migration board has decided that Samir and his family shall be sent back to hungary, according to the dublin regulation that says that the first EU-country that a person arrives in shall try the application. Greece is exempted. Samir and his family has appealed the decision but the migration court has reached the same conclusion.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    You border a sea that borders countries that aren't member states.
    What countries?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rofl, what? Do you realize how far you'd have to go by boat for that?
    Kalinigrad - Gotland isn't that far by boat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Because the Dublin agreement only talks about processing the claim, nothing about keeping them.
    And as an seperate issue: Why do you hate Greece that much that you want to see it overrun and collapse? Or do you want to create Greece refugees after that collapse? Is that it? Any grudges we should know about?
    I have the Dublin agreement open in front of me, the member state that registers the application is the responsible member state for that claimaint.

And where did you get that I hate Greece? You are going to have to link the post in which I stated that and not try to use some weak synthesis of comments to come to that conclusion. Link the post please.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not ignoring it, that's why I bolded it. It's the first country they entered in the union, which can't be Sweden, due to our location.
    It's the first country they effectively register in, while it is stated where they enter if they don't register there there is nothing that can be done. Therefor an EU wide immigration policy is forming.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Except when you need us to save you from the continent's latest brand of aggressive demagogue: Kaiser Wilhelm, Hitler,Stalin, Putin. Although in both of the Russian cases, we're there first, because prevention is better than a cure.

" We must never get out of step with the Americans. Never." ----- Winston Churchill

It's ok Kalis, we still like you guys. Good drinks ( Guiness f yeah), music, theater, etc.

I mean, only Israel comes to mind other than Britain when I think of countries the US would actually trouble itself to help even if we weren't directly threatened.
    That way of thinking only works if you believe that mainland EU in the hands of those and thus unstable regions would have been beneficial to the US. The US benefited greatly from all of this, at least if you know your history.

What countries?
    You want a comprehensive list of countries that can be reached on water from the baltic sea? That is quite a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Kalinigrad - Gotland isn't that far by boat.
    But to get there they have to go through other EU countries, which means they entered another EU country before Sweden.

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel...rtikel=6376193

- - - Updated - - -

What countries?
    So they were registered in Hungary and dublin is in effect, hard to comprehend? Where do you send people who arent registered to any country?

- - - Updated - - -

But to get there they have to go through other EU countries.
    Yet they leave the EU, and re-enter.

Deleted
    So they were registered in Hungary and dublin is in effect, hard to comprehend? Where do you send people who arent registered to any country?
    It doesn't say they were registered, it says the country you enter at first. That's how we apply the dublin regulation here in Sweden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post

Next time there is a World War, try turning up when it starts and not three years later, it would be much appreciated.

I have the Dublin agreement open in front of me, the member state that registers the application is the responsible member state for that claimaint.

And where did you get that I hate Greece? You are going to have to link the post in which I stated that and not try to use some weak synthesis of comments to come to that conclusion. Link the post please.
    It says they are responsible for processing them, nothing about housing them or keeping them.

I have to assuem you hate Greece because you want to settle them with all those refugees without offering help when they aren't even recovered from near economic collapse.

10+ Year Old Account
    But to get there they have to go through other EU countries, which means they entered another EU country before Sweden.
    Nope. They don't have too. But this a what if.. scenario so I'll just stop. I really don't think our friend Putin would..................... nevermind.

It doesn't say they were registered, it says the country you enter at first. That's how we apply the dublin regulation here in Sweden.
    Obviously they were.

rots hård internationell kritik mot hur Ungern behandlar flyktingar skickar Sverige regelbundet tillbaka asylsökande dit i enlighet med den så kallade Dublinförordningen.
    Or are they just guessing where they came from?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Nope. They don't have too
    Okay, so how how do they get there without entering another EU-country?

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously they were.

Or are they just guessing where they came from?
    You'd be surprised by the amount of people who self-incriminate themselves with their stories. We've had people who claim asylum becaus they've murdered people and fear for their lives in their home country.

Yes, because that is the most beneficial way for your politicans to interpret it. It gives your politicans a pretext to foster them on someone else or at least a scapegoat to blame (Greece, Germany, everyone but themselves and their own lack of solutions).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    It's the first country they effectively register in, while it is stated where they enter if they don't register there there is nothing that can be done. Therefor an EU wide immigration policy is forming.

That way of thinking only works if you believe that mainland EU in the hands of those and thus unstable regions would have been beneficial to the US. The US benefited greatly from all of this, at least if you know your history.
    Pre-nukes? Irrelevant. " The United States is alone among the great powers in its geographical advantages. It is bordered on two sides by weak neighbors and on two other sides by fish." ----- Bismarck

Now that we have nukes? Also irrelevant. IF someone could manage to build a fleet large enough to punch through the US Navy ( L. O. L.) and attempt an invasion and the US was in serious danger of falling, we burn the world and everyone goes with us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so how how do they get there without entering another EU-country?

- - - Updated - - -

You'd be surprised by the amount of people who self-incriminate themselves with their stories. We've had people who claim asylum becaus they've murdered people and fear for their lives in their home country.

But it's a what if-scenario