Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I enjoy grinding and farming, but I know that it isn't really "fun", just soothing to me in a way. I imagine for practically 99% of everyone else though that farming is never fun.
    It is not in this game.
    There are other games though, where farming is very interesting and very rewarding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Why not add new quests in old zones? New stories? Events. Etc.
    Because first they need to come up with a system that makes those activities interesting, not for you i guess, but the majority of the playerbase stop questing as soon as they reach top level.

7+ Year Old Account
    The point is simply to give you a power progression. I don't really think, that you have to outlvl NPCs just to feel powerful. Every lvl is hopefully gonna give you a feel of increased power and that is why it is in the game.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate this reinvention of the wheel every f*cking expansion.

Deleted
    What really pisses me off is the fact that when Blizzard listens and introduce something like this; people still don't like it, GO PLAY ANOTHER GAME, JESUS.
    Sick of these pointless threads. Go find something better to do.

Also, exactly what @Izenhart said:

"It has nothing to do with leveling

It's there to allow all zones to have lvl110 mobs for World Quests as endgame"
    Last edited by mmoce6f9437726; 2016-05-04 at 10:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Every lvl is hopefully gonna give you a feel of increased power and that is why it is in the game.
    Specially if you gain new abilities as you level up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Specially if you gain new abilities as you level up.
    Indeed. You can of course make a system, where you get abilities without really leveling, but having lvls make things simpler.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    If I level and the mobs level at same time or when I log out and in again then whats the point of having leveling? why not have everyone go to max level then.
    And switching to a Zone with higher level Mobs is better or different?
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    It is not a great thing.. it is absolutely HORRIBLE. Instead of returning to a lower level area after reaching max level and farming cloth, items, etc... it will be like farming same level mobs... tedious and devoid of any fun.

Imagine if they decide to do this worldwide... going to a level 60 area to farm runecloth and taking a minute each mob? No thanks... this expansion is so farked.
    Killing mobs in tanaan with some gear today is flat out piss easy. And why are you comparing farming an outdated item that's not even remotely close to being relevant to craft viable gear today?

The point of scaling is that you can join every part of the new areas/campaign without being dependent on level. In addition to that, you get every area as an endgame area for yourself.

Therefore, this way the content can adapt at all times for all players, instead of having level based area and one endgame area like mop or wod.

Isnt this also reeeeally good for legendary farming? Seems to me, being able to farm any mob in legion at max level is going to help congestion on some servers!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love the scaling, means I can completely finish a Zones story without ever having the feeling my leveling is halting or being subpar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post

Because first they need to come up with a system that makes those activities interesting, not for you i guess, but the majority of the playerbase stop questing as soon as they reach top level.
    Oh I agree. But they haven't even tried. It's the same thing every expansion, just gradually less content. But I would say a lot of that has to do with effort -- why quest when you can queue in a menu, pew pew mindlessly for a few minutes and get rewarded better than any other content?

Blizzard could make the world meaningful and awesome. They chose not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    I love the scaling, means I can completely finish a Zones story without ever having the feeling my leveling is halting or being subpar.
    Good point! Its always a penalty in xp gains for completing an area..

15+ Year Old Account
    It's the main reason I've never played guild wars 2. But I'm fine with it if it's just in the new zones.

And it better not affect dungeons ._.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Oh I agree. But they haven't even tried. It's the same thing every expansion, just gradually less content. But I would say a lot of that has to do with effort -- why quest when you can queue in a menu, pew pew mindlessly for a few minutes and get rewarded better than any other content?

Blizzard could make the world meaningful and awesome. They chose not to.
    People will be farming and pvping in the world at max level for legendary items.

If I level and the mobs level at same time or when I log out and in again then whats the point of having leveling? why not have everyone go to max level then.
    Did you read the blue post? It said that when you're halfway through the level and complete a quest/log out/whatever, the mobs will level up. It's dynamic scaling of mobs without leveling up being an effective nerf to your relative power. A lot of behind-the-scenes work just for it to feel natural.

its artificial gating in form of fake prelonging content by giving you illusion that leveling will have more meaning and that it will be harder - but thing is it wont - the only change you will have is that you wont have to leave zone once you outlevel it to next one due to quest/mobs giving you significantly less xp like in past.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    It's the main reason I've never played guild wars 2. But I'm fine with it if it's just in the new zones.

And it better not affect dungeons ._.
    WoW's version is far better than GW2s as it powers up enemies, it doesn't depower you. I hope that they do bring it to old zones, but they put a maximum cap on their level (1-60 for all Azeroth zones, for instance).

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Isnt this also reeeeally good for legendary farming? Seems to me, being able to farm any mob in legion at max level is going to help congestion on some servers!
    hw exackly will it help when it will end up in raiders mass pulling eveyrthing what moves and then aoein it down -_-

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its artificial gating in form of fake prelonging content by giving you illusion that leveling will have more meaning and that it will be harder - but thing is it wont - the only change you will have is that you wont have to leave zone once you outlevel it to next one due to quest/mobs giving you significantly less xp like in past.
    Anyone's ever said that this'd make leveling harder? Pretty sure their point has always been that you don't have to leave the zone unfinished and that you can choose which order you tackle them.

Also, "fake prelonging content by giving you illusion" - careful, your teen edge is showing.