Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Varians sword / swords are Shallator and Ellemayne, which form Shallamayne due to the merging of both Lo'gosh and Varian.

They are not something you could handle just because.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Doomhammer is definitely not an Earthen Ring weapon. Thrall didn't even carry it during Cataclysm, when he worked for the Earthen Ring the most. He only carried it again when he went to fight Garrosh and when he went to Draenor, and he did both of those things as Thrall the orc, not Go'el the leader of the Earthen Ring. And on Draenor, sure, he was technically neutral, but he was still mostly hanging with the Horde. Just like Yrel and Maraad are Alliance characters, but technically neutral in WoD.

The Doomhammer has a long history in the Horde, having been wielded by two of its warchiefs. It's absolutely a Horde weapon.
    Its not like Ashbringer doesn't have a massive L for Lorderon plastered on it somewhere does it?

I mean, Paladin used to be a strictly alliance class. Ashbringer is equally an alliance weapon as doomhammer is a horde one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    What about Broxigar's axe for Arms?
    there is a chance that broxigar never existed, because he isnt mentioned in the chronicles if i remember correctly

for varians sword, didnt read every side of the the thread, but i think the problem is, who do you give the weapon. Arms or Fury?
    If you give it to one side the other side would be pissed like its the case with doomhammer.
    And even if you consider it giving to fury, iam pretty sure that the swords are 1 handed (lorewise) and fury is using titans grip.

Second Option Varian isnt Dead.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Learn what context means and dont make fantasy definitions

- - - Updated - - -

yeah then pls stfu mouthbreading retard, you have no brain cells to begin with as you demonstrade only talking out your ass without knowing what was this about
    This has nothing to do with context, it's all got to do with you using the wrong terms. Nothing here about imaginary definitions (not fantasy, again wrong word). Oh and seriously, you retort with the flaming nonsense of an angry 12 year old CoD player when you run out of proper arguments? Cuuuuuuuuute duuuuuuuuuude.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    Its not like Ashbringer doesn't have a massive L for Lorderon plastered on it somewhere does it?

I mean, Paladin used to be a strictly alliance class. Ashbringer is equally an alliance weapon as doomhammer is a horde one.
    True, though Lordaeron is currently Horde territory, same goes for the majority of the Lordaeron people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    No im using the right terms you can just not read

salty about dude, pal?
    No you aren't, you think you are though, but you aren't.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    The current fury warrior artifact being a creation of the initial prime designate of Azeroth (Odyn, as described in the Chronicles vol. 1) probably makes it one of the single nastiest pieces of kit you could ever hope to wield. This is a line towards tying us together with the now properly defined origination storyline for the WoW mythos, it's a way better world building exercise than just giving us Varian's swords would ever have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Shalamayne should've been a warrior artifact.
    Which spec though? You choose arms, those who prefer the fury will complain and vice versa. You choose both, threads spring out commenting that blizzard is lazy for giving warriors two same weapons. How would the off-spec aquire it? Loot it from Varian again?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    Which spec though? You choose arms, those who prefer the fury will complain and vice versa. You choose both, threads spring out commenting that blizzard is lazy for giving warriors two same weapons. How would the off-spec aquire it? Loot it from Varian again?
    Just one of the specs. And I was thinking Shalamayne so Arms.
    I've seen DKs qq about Ashbringer not being a DK artifact so nothing can be done about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Varians sword / swords are Shallator and Ellemayne, which form Shallamayne due to the merging of both Lo'gosh and Varian.

They are not something you could handle just because.
    But we can handle Ashbringer

It is so far becoming rather obvious that blizzard really dislikes warriors in Legion.

All three of our sword artifacts are Vrykul weapons with no variety and no backstory prior to legion
    We were going to get Broxigars weapon, but blizz deemed "nature themed" to not fit warrior (ignoring like, half, the damn warrior races)
    Our class hall still has absolutely nothing to do with our class
    Infact, one of the alliance followers is a night elf rogue
    Celestalon recently posted on the feedback forums saying that they are disregarding absolutely all feedback dealing with warriors
    Removal of Gladiator

And so much more.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

*polishing Frostmourne Blades*
    I don't know you but im very happy with my class weapon

Honestly i don't see a questline to get Varian's Blade.Most of the questlines you go to a place where you are tested according to your spec,to get Shalamayne you would go to Stormwind,like a ROGUE because nobody can know you're defiling the king's tomb,then open the tomb and claim the blade.Oh wait,its Varian spirit,now you need to prove you are worthy agaisnt a GHOST.

the other option would be if the blade was shattered or is on the Broken Shores.

The shards thing was already used,and the blade just lying there would be lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    *polishing Frostmourne Blades*
    I don't know you but im very happy with my class weapon

Honestly i don't see a questline to get Varian's Blade.Most of the questlines you go to a place where you are tested according to your spec,to get Shalamayne you would go to Stormwind,like a ROGUE because nobody can know you're defiling the king's tomb,then open the tomb and claim the blade.Oh wait,its Varian spirit,now you need to prove you are worthy agaisnt a GHOST.

the other option would be if the blade was shattered or is on the Broken Shores.

The shards thing was already used,and the blade just lying there would be lame.
    Oppose to say, the fury swords, which are just "Go beat up this Vrykul and take his swords"

Which ironically would have worked with Varians blade(s).

"This Vrykul stole Varian's swords. Beat his ass"

Don't ask me.

I've wanted Blizzard to give the Arms artifact a Gorehowl skin, Fury artifact a Shalamayne skin, Frost DK artifact a Frostmourne skin and possibly Arcane artifact an Atiesh skin. (different enough to not detract from the original, like the Corrupted Ashbringer and Thunderfury skins for Ret Paladins and Outlaw Rogues)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Actually yes. While you make this new weapen, you don't have to worry about alienating those 10%, which you have already built a description with. If they made the twin blades in an artifact weapen, they had to follow the lore, and the power which this weapen followed. You can let it cleave the ground or enrage the user, because why did varian not use this ability? Those are the questions, which would be asked if they made Varians twin blades in an artifact. With a new weapen, you can make it shoot lazer beams for all i know, and aslong as it makes sense within the world, nobody can say that it is incorrect.
    Goldrinn. Why am I even discussing lore with someone who's clueless abou it? Sheesh.

Anyway OP, I still think we don't get the sword because Varian is not actually dead.

The real answer is because what does death even mean in this world of resurrections, corpse runs and respawns? Varian will be right back using his swords next week, having paid his 10% durability fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Goldrinn. Why am I even discussing lore with someone who's clueless abou it? Sheesh.

Anyway OP, I still think we don't get the sword because Varian is not actually dead.
    Naw, I bet someone else is going to end up getting them. I suppose its to much to expect Anduin to stop being an idiot and picking them up, but it wouldn't be entirely out of the question for Genn to get them, or a new High Elf (since blizzard loves their high elves), or even a blood elf.

But we can handle Ashbringer
    The Ashbringer does not require you to have a split personality. So yes. The Ashbringer never had any issues that would lead you to something bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    The Ashbringer does not require you to have a split personality. So yes. The Ashbringer never had any issues that would lead you to something bad.
    It's never stated anywhere that his sword requires you to have a split personality.

It's never stated anywhere that his sword requires you to have a split personality.
    Its never stated anywhere that those swords do not require you to have a split personality in order to be able to split it in the first place.

Besides, we dont know for sure if Mr. Wrynn has died.

It's never stated anywhere that Garrosh is not a homosexual, therefore he is. < Your logic