Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nintendo could be doing great if:

a) stuck to handheld gaming consoles... they dominate this market
    b) create their franchise games for both the X-Box and PS systems without trying to throw a third home console into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post

do you realize that before nokia went bakkrupt they had profit too right? you know that shareholder companies dont work like that? Because its about HOW MUCH profit they make?

do you think nintendo is a lemonade shop or something?

geez im out thats to desillisunal here, if you gona brag about earning calls make at leas the effort to read and understand them, then you would see that there shareholder would be piss off because they dont meet their forecast of profit lol

anyways have fun circle jerk with false information
    False information? Even you admit they ARE making profit. Doesn't matter what nokia did. Nintendo has more consoles lined up. They have anniversarys going this year boosting profits. They are doing really well. Of course they are not going to die out anytime soon. Only an idiot would think a company turning a profit with plans for more consoles in the coming year is anywhere near closing its doors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Nintendo could be doing great if:

a) stuck to handheld gaming consoles... they dominate this market
    b) create their franchise games for both the X-Box and PS systems without trying to throw a third home console into the mix.
    Nintendo could stand to do a lot better. Like to stop Ignoring the United States, Their Biggest market by far. I mean really, we got the New 3ds months after Japan, and even then, it was only the 3ds XL and not the regular ones. You know, the ones with the customizeable face plates that someone has to Buy to get.

That said, they are not going out soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep same song and dance since the N64.

Nintendo has been around for over 100 years. They clearly (as much as it hurts to say this) know what they are doing. Nintendo will fold up before they go 3rd party and have admitted so.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya you can argue it. It is true that Zelda/Metroid is system sellers but any IP Nintendo releases can be a system seller.

Splatoon was the first new thing to happen to shooters in god knows how long and it sold really well. Hell I wanted to get a Wii-U again just for it.
    No nintendo IPs move systems like zelda or metroid...there is no argument in that..yes every nintendo game has the ability to be a system seller...but none including splatoon will move systems like metroid and none will even come close to touching the amount of systems zelda moves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Not yet but they are on their way.

Nintendo refuses to adapt to the changing market place and to the customers that made them great. There just isn't enough games for the Wii U to justity a entire system. No Zelda, no Metroid, no third party support. The rabid fan boy's will disagree but eventually we will not be seeing Mario/Zelda/Metroid games any longer. The creators already said that if Nintendo dies, so do the franchises. They will sell out eventually though.

After last years horrible E3; I went from a Nintendo fan to a hater overnight. So I might be somewhat bias. I defended Nintendo for the longest time but now I turned a 180 on them. Pretty much dead too me. Maybe I just grew up.
    I think games like Super Mario 64, Zelda a link to the past, Ocarina, Majora, Metroid Prime, F-Zero GX, Super Mario World, Wario Land, for instance, are just games that are completely worthy to "defend". And what Nintendo does today doesn't erase what they've done in the past. However they're far from those years. I assume it's because of lack of ideas. Creativity can be genius level, but the more things are created, the harder it is to create something unique and worthy. I believe. That + some weird decision, like unhealthy number of games no one care about, unhealthy number of remaster, and so far it seems that even their core games are not better than before. We can only wait and see what they can pull now or in the distant future. At the moment I don't have a single high hope for anything, just curiosity.

Let me sum this up for you.

Nintendo - Only 2 years didn't recieve profit and makes money hand over fist with 3DS and amiibo's.
    Microsoft - Has made dick off there gaming division and is requested to shut it down at each share holder meeting.
    Sony- Nearly went bankrupt and are finally making profit after like 8 years.

Nintendo is the only one out of the 3 that has been doing fine for awhile. Sony wasn't doing dick until the ps4.

Once again anything thinking Nintendo is going to fold up is a idiot.
    Exactly. The only gaming company worth anything that can make a profit is suddenly going to just quit. Its a joke to think they would.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I see potential for it, but there stock is doing fairly well also isnt Nintendo worth more than Sony?

- - - Updated - - -

But compared to the Xbone and Ps4... not really. The PS4 is over 40 million units last I saw, and Xbone at over 30 million, with the Wii U being only at 13 million despite being out longer.
    Im as big of an xbox fanboy as it comes...but they havent sold 30 million XB1s....They were like under 20 not too long ago as an estimate. They didn't just push ten million consoles in a couple months...otherwise they'd be the best selling system month after month.

OT: The Wii U should've never even been made...for nintendo it was a failure. Going from over 100m units sold in the wii to less than 15m units sold for the wii u....that's a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    All shareholder companies work the same and about 2/3 of nintendos shareholders are not EVEN JAPANESE oh my god and if this wouldnt be the case it wouldnt matter how dumb are you. You literary quote again something about profits and IGNORING the matter

so "idiot" have fun circle jerking too with false information
    Run along child its clear you don't know what your talking about. I done showed you why Nintendo won't fold up anytime soon. Its your choice to not lissen.

Let me repeat it once more for you to be clear..

Nintendo - Only 2 years didn't recieve profit and makes money hand over fist with 3DS and amiibo's.
    Microsoft - Has made dick off there gaming division and is requested to shut it down at each share holder meeting.
    Sony- Nearly went bankrupt and are finally making profit after like 8 years.

Nintendo is the only one out of the 3 that has been doing fine for awhile. Sony wasn't doing dick until the ps4.

Once again anyone thinking Nintendo is going to fold up is a idiot.

Company makes profit = Share holders happy. Nintendo only had 2 years where it didn't.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-05-04 at 01:40 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Exactly. The only gaming company worth anything that can make a profit is suddenly going to just quit. Its a joke to think they would.
    Nintendo also had 3rd party support for every system prior to the wii u...now they don't...They will need to get 3rd party support back for the NX or they will be fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Nintendo also had 3rd party support for every system prior to the wii u...now they don't...They will need to get 3rd party support back for the NX or they will be fucked.
    Nintendo's 3rd party support has always been lackluster.

The Wii you had mostly shovelware,The gamecube had a few titles and so did the N64. If anyone is buying a Nintendo console to play 3rd party titles then they are doing it wrong.

It would be great if they had better 3rd party support, but they have never really had all that great of 3rd party support.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Underestimating the handheld market. They're absolutely killing it still with the 3DS. Also the Wii-U is doing EXTREMELY well in Japan, also in Western countries with under 12-13's it's doing exceptionally well.

Lots of us have outgrown it and don't pay much attention, or buy the products anymore. They're still making a killing though
    Their competitor in the handheld market is more or less Apple and other mobile devices now, not Vita or the like.

Nintendo's 3rd party support has always been lackluster.

The Wii you had mostly shovelware,The gamecube had a few titles and so did the N64. If anyone is buying a Nintendo console to play 3rd party titles then they are doing it wrong.

It would be great if they had better 3rd party support, but they have never really had all that great of 3rd party support.
    If that's the case you better hope Nintendo gets the casual market back or it's days are numbered. Nintendo didn't last 100 years selling games consoles, afterall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Their competitor in the handheld market is more or less Apple and other mobile devices now, not Vita or the like.
    Depends how you look at it.

There competitor in the mobile market is Apple and all like you said. But they have no competitor in the handheld market. Your not going to get Nintendo (3DS) quality games on a phone for quite sometime. The main thing holding that back is mobile controls are shit and will always be shit.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    There is a lot they need to do, including stopping the favoritism crap they have. However, they are still making money. They just need to realize they could be making more.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    If that's the case you better hope Nintendo gets the casual market back or it's days are numbered. Nintendo didn't last 100 years selling games consoles, afterall.
    Nope they just been doing it for what 30 years now.

Nintendo is the only one of the big 3 that has been able to keep making profit besides two years. being realistic and not trying to sound like a fanboy but if any of the big 3 fold its Microsoft first. They haven't made dick off there gaming division ever. But yet they keep trying.

Personally I don't want any of the big 3 to fold. Competition is a good thing and Nintendo is and always will be competition for Sony/Microsoft. Both of those companys know Nintendo could hit lighting twice and just run with it.

What Nintendo needs is new heads at the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Even if Sony was working on the PS Move before the Wii released (which why does that matter, since Nintendo was obviously working on the Wii before it was announced or anything, kinda confused on that), as far as I know the PS Move was basically a flop, just like the camera. I'm genuinely confused here, it sounds like a whole lot of stretching just to dismiss the Wii as innovative.
    My point is that much like how Augmented Reality has been in the minds of people for years even though Hololens is the first thing to really do it and it isn't out yet, motion controls were something people had thought of for years and would've happened eventually regardless of the Wii U.

The PS Move was only a flop because it was a peripheral. The Wii was innovative in that it did Motion Controls first, but it's foolish to think that it would've never happened without them. Analog sticks on the other hand. That was true innovation.

- - - Updated - - -

This sounds really more like you don't like it than actual proof or anything honestly.

Also current gen consoles do have some degree of motion controls, like the Wii U pad and the PS4 controller. Also the Wii U still uses Wii controllers for quite a bit.
    The proof is that every console dropped Motion Controls as a major feature except Xbox One and it bit them in the ass big time. Motion Controls are just a small gimmick now. No one uses the touch features on the PS4 controller except maybe for typing messages.

The Wii controllers are completely optional and the Wii U doesn't even come with them. Motion Controls being main stream was a fad. No denying. If it wasn't, then why would Nintendo shift their focus away from it when the Wii was their most successful console by far? Because they knew lightning wouldn't strike twice and that people didn't want Motion Controls as a primary method on controls.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    The Wii was a fad.

Witness current gen consoles not having motion controls. FFS even Nintendo dump that shit for the Wii U.

Should short lived gimmicks be considered "innovation"? ...
    Well, of course it's innovation, and it was highly successful. Unfortunately it was not powerful to get straight ports from the standard game platforms AND required to some extra work in creating an interesting control schemes for the wii motion controls. They didn't ditch motion controls for the Wii U, they just focused on using the pad on their games, something they gave up upon later for some reason. Anyways, if the wiis were not driven by experimental innovation, then no current console has. Shoving an old, cheap computer into a small, black box and connecting it to what's basically a pimped out NES controller is not exactly innovative. It's just a safe and lazy.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Analog sticks on the other hand. That was true innovation.
    What, did all those old shows and movies lie to me and arcane machines really had D-Pads this whole time? Otherwise, it seems like a no brainer that it's easier to move in a 3D environment with a device that can input a 360 degree range of motion.

Also since when has Nintendo dropping an idea ever meant it was just a short term thing? If no one wanted motion controls, why did the Wii sell so well despite having them? Why does Nintendo Land incorporate so many motion controlled mini games?

10+ Year Old Account
    What, did all those old shows and movies lie to me and arcane machines really had D-Pads this whole time? Otherwise, it seems like a no brainer that it's easier to move in a 3D environment with a device that can input a 360 degree range of motion.

Also since when has Nintendo dropping an idea ever meant it was just a short term thing? If no one wanted motion controls, why did the Wii sell so well despite having them? Why does Nintendo Land incorporate so many motion controlled mini games?
    Good advertising
    Cheap
    Was a fad
    Was a toy for kids (goes into the cheap thing)
    None of the scary rated M games (goes into was a toy for kids)
    Work out game craze (goes into was a fad)

Motion controls are essentially dead now 9until they are revived by garbage VR), and mobile phones and tablets took over that entire market I just brought up.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2016-05-04 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Good advertising
    Cheap
    Was a fad
    Was a toy for kids (goes into the cheap thing)
    None of the scary rated M games (goes into was a toy for kids)

Motion controls are essentially dead now 9until they are revived by garbage VR), and mobile phones and tablets took over that entire market I just brought up.
    Yet if people truly did not want motion controls, they wouldn't of bought it despite all that because it's what the device was made around. It makes no sense to buy a console if you don't like the way you have to use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet if people truly did not want motion controls, they wouldn't of bought it despite all that because it's what the device was made around. It makes no sense to buy a console if you don't like the way you have to use it.
    well, you bought it. Are you going to return the entire system because you dont like 1 game? How do you know if you will like it or not if you dont try it? Clearly they didnt care anymore looking at the Wii U. Not buying the upgraded version.