Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duano View Post
    There is absolutley no skill involved to do this. You are just being an ass to players lower then you. Which makes you a gigantic ass....
    Sort of like taking your level 100 into Black Temple to farm the Glaives, you're just being a bully.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Never seen the fun in it, but then again I play on a PvE realm.

Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    Back in the glory days of WPvP, pre-BG's, pre-honor system, when the push from SS to TM was real, there was no reward. PvP was the sport of killing people because they were opposing faction. Terms like "Red means dead" were born out of this. PvP in and of it self is the reward. You lying dead at my feet is the reward. I don't care how or why, so long as it's your blood on my blade, that is my reward.
    You start saying that there is no reward and then finish saying that there is a reward? Cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    as long as someone doesn't go full retard and is camping corpses, do whatever you want.
    This, also for me at least i have to get some honor from it, i will gank greys based off how annoying their name is.
    I generally cbf to report names, i just gank em.
    To the post above me, HK were rewarded from pvp kills, eventually changed to difference in levels, and you could get different titles from it, the highest of which allowed you to talk in globaldefense.
    Yes there were rewards from it.

Also the enjoyment of 5+ lower levels ganging up on a higher one thats been causing truble
    Last edited by Christan; 2016-05-04 at 12:28 PM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroh View Post
    You start saying that there is no reward and then finish saying that there is a reward? Cool.
    No in game reward. I am talking about an emotional reward. The quoted poster made it seem that the only reason to PvP was to get something (item, honor, ect.) for it. I am saying that it shouldnt be about what you get, but the feeling you get from the kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard always seems to promote asshattery when it comes to player conflicts but I always felt that an extreme penalty for attacking players more than 10 levels lower than you should be incurred upon the ganker.

Warhammer Online had the right idea with turning the douchebag into a completely vulnerable chicken for 10 minutes.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    I play on a pvp server and while leveling i gank people around my level. I don't kill low level players because I gain nothing from that and that is not even fun.

That said, I don't mind getting killed on a pvp server by a higher level char. Sure its annoying but as long as it is not camping, like those hellfire peninsula kids, it's fine.

Deleted
    Battlegrounds and arenas are made for equal number of players of equal level. This makes kills made there honorable.
    Im a honorable person irl and I would never smack a kid or woman or inferior male or animal....
    Thats how I act in game.
    Ganking for me is not honorable activity and I despise it. Playing on pve server to avoid it.

I usually level on pvp server and then transfer on pve server at max level. World pvp is fun only while leveling against similar level player, adds some flavor to leveling.
    At max level, pvp gear comes to play. As pve player, I never get pvp gear, so I rather play on pve server, also avoiding waste of time at raid summoning stone by gankers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwaite View Post
    That said, I don't mind getting killed on a pvp server by a higher level char. Sure its annoying but as long as it is not camping, like those hellfire peninsula kids, it's fine.
    Pretty much this... PvP realm its all fair to gank or get ganked. Just don't abuse it and camp people... Kill them move on.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    If you are level 100 you probably waste more time to yourself than to others. You will likely get no rewards for this while you should have better routes to advance that character. Chances are the lowbie character is someone that has free time to level that character at the time and he won't lose anything important by having a 10 second delay.

In some cases the waste of the time of the max levelled character is extreme. I've heard of people that may spend the entire day doing that.
    When this happens to me on a character im leveling I just SMH. Its like "cool story bro did you have fun?" "such skill, such wow". I just rez and continue doing what I was doing. Its almost more of feeling just sad for them than actually getting mad that they have to spend THEIR free time doing that
    Last edited by Nubulous; 2016-05-04 at 02:21 PM.

I do find it funny when I go to Tanaan on a geared character no one touches me, but as soon as I'm on a fresh 100, the droolers come out in full force.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am saddened that there are people whose enjoyment comes from the frustration of others. I do not want to associate with such people.
    Well written, I agree.

I'd also like to add that people don't play on PvP servers because "omg PvP and WORLD PVP is so much fun", but rather because of a good PvE scene. Take my realm, Kazzak (EU), for instance. It's a PvP server, yet the PvP scene is almost non-existant. Very few care for PvP and no one cares for "world PvP". It's 100 times easier for me to find a PvE guild than a PvP guild (that will live for more than 1 month).

While out in the world, I would also prefer to not get attacked by alliance, as I'm using PvE talents and gear. As a warlock, I have a much lower chance (if any) to win vs a rogue when I don't have my freedom trinket, Searing Ember and Blood Horror glyphs. Soul Leech and Burning Rush won't help much

When i was leveling i got ganked a lot even corps camped but i liked it thats why i m on PVP server only. When i leveled up and geard up i ganked whatever was on my way. If its red its dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    In general I hate it because the people that do it are complete douchebags who are probably like that in real life as well and the victims are mostly people who just want to level up their character and have fun. Although I don't play on a PvP server so I never really have to worry about it. I have before though when I was playing with a friend and I will say it is fucking annoying. I seriously can't understand why you would want to level up a character on those servers. They just attract the worst kind of people in the WoW community to project their douchebaggery and just like in real life I don't like to associate myself with those people.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-05-04 at 03:27 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I leveled up 6 characters on PVP server . Later when i leveled my alts i put my main in that zone and relog when somebady started ganking me and gank the shit out of him.

Ganking back in the day was annoying because of how far graveyards were located. These days I don't even care, its usually takes 5-10 seconds to run back. The world is pretty dead anyway, sometimes i can level 1-60 without seeing opposite faction.

Also if you do not want to be ganked or hate pvp - just roll on PVE server. Its ok to play on PVE server because if you ever want to pvp you can just flag yourself and people will attack you!

PvP server is open to all
    PVE red dead but not killing low level quest NPC i find that sad tbh

Gankers are wankers.

Deleted
    My most favored solution:

Turn high level gankers into level 1 murlocs. With 1 life. Justice will decide then what happens to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    My most favored solution:

Turn high level gankers into level 1 murlocs. With 1 life. Justice will decide then what happens to them.
    Murlocs are too good of a creature for gankers and corpse campers.

Turn them into some kind of Homo sapiens or a chicken.