Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I think you're misunderstanding why Nintendo creates systems they way they do. I'm fairly confident in saying it's for themselves. They decide in what way they want to be able to create games that generation, and they do it. Why else would they change so drastically with the GameCube to the Wii, and the Wii to the Wii U.
    Because they didnt sell with with the cube and wanted to do something new. Heck look at all the games that were praised for being new despite the fact they were garabge! (Sonic and the rings is a prime example). They certainly do make games for what they want to do.... its just a damn shame we are stuck with it for 5 years + at a time. Making games meant to "showcase what motion controls can do!" 5 years after its launch is weird....

Just like Star fox zero showing us what the game pad can really do!... as the shoot the Wii U behind the barn.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Oooh right, the Wiis amazing online multiplayer, the thing Cod is famous for. Mad World was one of the few as it got to be an exclusive. The other ones were superior on the other systems, in which they sold better on too.
    Never said they wasn't superior on other systems so you can stop moving goal posts.

You made a comment saying the hardware was why the wii didn't get good 3rd partys. I proved that wrong, it got the main shooter on consoles and had some good 3rd party games.

You not liking them and them not having them is two different things.

If the Wii-U sold 30 millions systems it would have more 3rd partys as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Nintendo: Hey, maku game for Wii?

Third parties: Sure!

Nintendo: 私たちは本当にまだ西部開発者から何かに依存し*いので、あ*たは� ��日本語でドキュメントとサポートを気にし*いことを願っています

Third parties: What?

Nintendo: Sorry, no engurish!

Well, also like this, which Nintendo must take responsibility for.
    Mother pus bucket!

The bolded shows you clearly don't know much about Nintendo or fans of Nintendo games then
    And what shoud I know about them that I don't know ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Never said they wasn't superior on other systems so you can stop moving goal posts.

You made a comment saying the hardware was why the wii didn't get good 3rd partys. I proved that wrong, it got the main shooter on consoles and had some good 3rd party games.

You not liking them and them not having them is two different things.
    The trash versions... how nice of them. Gotta love that third party support... no wonder they stopped late into its life cycle and gave up quick on the Wii U.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Well, also like this, which Nintendo must take responsibility for.
    Ok thats funny as hell you get an internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There is a lot they need to do, including stopping the favoritism crap they have. However, they are still making money. They just need to realize they could be making more.
    I agree with you 1000% on this. I traded my wii u in for a ps4 simply because I will just buy the NX. If it's backwards compatible I'll buys platoon again when I get an NX and get Zelda when I purchase it. Them pushing Zelda to 2017 and having it release on NX as well sealed my wii I'd fate for me personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Not yet but they are on their way.

Nintendo refuses to adapt to the changing market place and to the customers that made them great. There just isn't enough games for the Wii U to justity a entire system. No Zelda, no Metroid, no third party support. The rabid fan boy's will disagree but eventually we will not be seeing Mario/Zelda/Metroid games any longer. The creators already said that if Nintendo dies, so do the franchises. They will sell out eventually though.

After last years horrible E3; I went from a Nintendo fan to a hater overnight. So I might be somewhat bias. I defended Nintendo for the longest time but now I turned a 180 on them. Pretty much dead too me. Maybe I just grew up.
    To your credit. Nintendo turned their back on YOU.

Nintendo stopped marketing to people who grew up with an NES and started to market the Wii to kids and families... anyone I know who has a Wii/had a Wii eventually moves on to xbox or playstation and that becomes the staple.

Back when the 3 actually competed and games were released for all 3 consoles, I used to say that someday we won't do battle over the system... the system will just become our other media devices, blu ray player, cd player, media streamer... they essentially all have the same function and the media can be used on any. I think we are moving closer and closer to that. xbox players can now play with playstation players... and Nintendo is attempting to get back into the main market.

My understanding is that manufacturers lose money on the system itself anyway, and make the money on software. So make generic (yet top of the line) systems and pour your focus into the software.

Those are my 2 cents for what they are worth.

The trash versions... how nice of them. Gotta love that third party support... no wonder they stopped late into its life cycle and gave up quick on the Wii U.
    Keep moving that goal post Genn its what your good at.

edit: By ur logic anything made for consoles is the trash version of the PC and anything made for Xb1 is the trash version of the ps4.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-05-04 at 03:12 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Because they didnt sell with with the cube and wanted to do something new. Heck look at all the games that were praised for being new despite the fact they were garabge! (Sonic and the rings is a prime example). They certainly do make games for what they want to do.... its just a damn shame we are stuck with it for 5 years + at a time. Making games meant to "showcase what motion controls can do!" 5 years after its launch is weird....

Just like Star fox zero showing us what the game pad can really do!... as the shoot the Wii U behind the barn.
    I'm not sure I can continue if you're going to say Sonic and the secret rings was praised. Someone might of said jokingly "at least they tried something new", but that's not praise. Don't trigger me like this Genn, DONT BREAK MY HEART.

Quote Originally Posted by Anon56 View Post
    And what shoud I know about them that I don't know ?
    Yeah I'd also like to know, since the only Nintendo game I want to play is Zelda, and I don't
    want to buy an entire system to play [...] Zelda.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I can continue if you're going to say Sonic and the secret rings was praised. Someone might of said jokingly "at least they tried something new", but that's not praise. Don't trigger me like this Genn, DONT BREAK MY HEART.
    When it first came out! Yay new! Like many other games LOOK HOW GREAT MOTION CONTROLS ARE... until a few months later... then a year later... so on and so forth

THIS GAME WILL SHOW YOU HOW GREAT MOTION CONTROLS ARE!... 3 years after console release is a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

edit: By ur logic anything made for consoles is the trash version of the PC and anything made for Xb1 is the trash version of the ps4.
    Nintendo literally got the trash version of what few and far between ports they got. I dont call the COD series and 3 other games third party support (especially since they are garbage versions). I certainly dont call getting the garbage version support either. There is a reason there was hardly any clamor after the first 2 years to care, and certainly there is a reason why third parties gave up on the Wii U all together.

its like getting a stack of pancakes thats been thrown on the floor and stepped on and still calling it good food.

I think naming it the Wii-U was also confusing to parents who buy consoles for their kids. My generation, (I'm 30, born in 1986, so I grew up with NES and N64 and stuff), we are just barely having kids old enough to buy consoles. My own kids aren't old enough yet, our oldest one will be 4 in september, and the youngest just turned 1. So, the parents who buy consoles were surely confused by the Wii-U name, thinking it was some sort of expansion pack like the N64 had with Donkey Kong 64, even though it was a completely new console, and nintendo's first HD console.

Anyway, that is one problem the Wii-U admittedly has, but I am super happy with mine. And my coworker just bought a new Wii-U a week ago, because he wanted smash bros, pikmin, and some other games.

I hope the new nintendo system will do well. With Zelda being a launch title (until it gets pushed back to a 6 month after-release, right? hehe jk) I imagine it will be just fine. When they launch their virtual boy 2.0 system a few years after NX, I hope we get Pokemon VR.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

When it first came out! Yay new! Like many other games LOOK HOW GREAT MOTION CONTROLS ARE... until a few months later... then a year later... so on and so forth

THIS GAME WILL SHOW YOU HOW GREAT MOTION CONTROLS ARE!... 3 years after console release is a joke.
    No. I refuse to accept.
    I'm gonna go enjoy this strawberry festival and hope I come back to not hearing such blasphemy .

Also about the other discussion, I believe the point was people buy Nintendo systems for Nintendo games in general, not for just one game. And that is true. Just because you might not as a person doesn't change that though.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I refuse to accept.
    I'm gonna go enjoy this strawberry festival and hope I come back to not hearing such blasphemy .

Also about the other discussion, I believe the point was people buy Nintendo systems for Nintendo games in general, not for just one game. And that is true. Just because you might not as a person doesn't change that though.
    It worked once by tapping into a market that now plays angry birds, they tried to make lightning strike twice without much critical thought and ignoring game industry trends.

You are arguing for nothing and he's right you know. He said they didn't got good port because of the hardware and it's true. The ports they got are shitty versions nobody want to play on Wii when you can play them on playstation, xbox or a computer.

But that's not the point, the point is that it's not their market. You don't buy a Wii to play CoD but to play good nintendo games. Sadly nowadays they release about 5 good games for their system and move to the next and nobody but fanboys want to buy a system to play so few games.

What made the success of Nintendo are games like Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Mario Kart, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy, Donkey Kong, Banjoo Kazooie, Megaman and the likes. Nowadays you have a Zelda and Mario Kart every few years, some shitty Mario Galaxy and then it's minigames like Mario Party, Rayman Ravid Rabids and the shitty ports nobody want to play on Wii.
    Last edited by Anon56; 2016-05-04 at 03:29 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Meh, as far as I've been concerned Nintendo went the way of Sega in 1996.

Software wise, Nintendo lost me with the direction of their sequels. Not everything has to exist to serve a new gimmick.

7+ Year Old Account
    thing is we may see nintendo leave the console department and just stick with stuff like the DS cause danm, nothing comes close, psp? :P the 3DS has the portable market on hold, mobile does compete abit but with buttons and 2 screens the 3DS / (new ds, portable, whatever) will allways be in the market

10+ Year Old Account
    What, did all those old shows and movies lie to me and arcane machines really had D-Pads this whole time? Otherwise, it seems like a no brainer that it's easier to move in a 3D environment with a device that can input a 360 degree range of motion.

Also since when has Nintendo dropping an idea ever meant it was just a short term thing? If no one wanted motion controls, why did the Wii sell so well despite having them? Why does Nintendo Land incorporate so many motion controlled mini games?
    Have you ever played at an arcade before? The joysticks might as well be d pads with how stiff they are, but if anything you're proving my point of Nintendo's consoles not being worth it. They can't garner the third party support to have a solid lineup (sorry but a few amazing games and a lot of good ones doesn't compare to the variety of Sony's consoles for instance. Also games like The Last of Us and Ratchet and Clank rival anything Nintendo has done.) and they put gimmicks in their consoles that either harm or do nothing for their console except in specific instances.

Quote Originally Posted by merli View Post
    With VR getting bigger, Motion Controls probably are going to play a bigger part again.
    True, but I hope VR has learned the lesson from the Wii and doesn't make Motion Controls mandatory.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Pointing out the Virtual Boy is interesting. They've had higher profile failures and survived them. The 3DS is doing fine, the NX is releasing with Zelda U which will sell systems, they'll probably stick a Mario title on it because that sells systems. I can't see them failing. They've got too many franchises powerful enough to sell systems on the strength of a name.
    They had those franchises before, and still we ended up getting Wii U.
    Nice logic.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?