Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Movie] Batman The Killing Joke animated movie.

All it takes is just one bad day....

Really looks like they are doing my fav comic justice. Can not wait to buy it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-27 at 04:52 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

*screams silently while still in his office*
    You and me both!

As for the Bad day speech: Kevin Michael Richardson's performance as Joker giving a similar speech in The Batman season 1 ep. 12 is just excellent. Say about the art style of that show what you want, but the voice actors simply nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    *screams silently while still in his office*
    You and me both!

As for the Bad day speech: Kevin Michael Richardson's performance as Joker giving a similar speech in The Batman season 1 ep. 12 is just excellent. Say about the art style of that show what you want, but the voice actors simply nailed it.
    I really didn't mind the Art Style of The Batman (Besides the fact they made joker move like a monkey).

But ya this is turning out to be everything I wanted in a Killing Joke Animated Movie.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-27 at 03:35 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill and Tara Strong back in their roles.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

This is the movie I have been looking forward to the most this year.

Deleted
    I love these new animated batman movies. Really looking forward to it.

Is it just me or does the animation look a bit poor? Have to say its good to hear Mark Hamil's voice as the joker though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Nice to see Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill and Tara Strong back in their roles.
    Me too! Kevin Conroy is the best Batman voice actor in my list!

Heres a preview and some commentary from the crew:

Deleted
    Something seems... off with the animations. For some reason, the quality seems to differ from scene to scene as well.
    Did they switch animation studio halfway?

It doesnt look too good Voicework will be great, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Something seems... off with the animations. For some reason, the quality seems to differ from scene to scene as well.
    Did they switch animation studio halfway?

It doesnt look too good Voicework will be great, no doubt.
    I find the Joker looks really inconsistent.

And from what I heard, animated by the people from Batman: The Animated Series. Consider me hooked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The animation looks frankly horrible when compared to all other batman animated movies over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    The animation looks frankly horrible when compared to all other batman animated movies over the last few years.
    Yeah I think the voice actors are going to carry the film though. Especially Mark Hamill, that guy really gets into his role.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow, it definitely looks like they will do the original comic justice.
    Bonus points for Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill and Tara Strong as the voices of Batman, Joker, and Barbara respectively. Almost reminds me of the good ol' days of the DC Animated Universe.
    Looking forward to it.

It's here, and i liked it.
    True, they had to add some story to fill up on the missing minutes to make it a whole movie.
    And the animation/detail level could have used a bigger budget.
    But it stayed true to the comic, which is what we wanted.

Where can I find the digital version to purchase?

I'll be downloading this off of the PS store as soon as it shows. Got TDKR from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

just finished it. the ending made an impact, even though i knew how it was going to end, but still.

loved it, they added 25-35 minutes from outside TKJ to boost the movie to 75, which is normal.

kevin conroy and mark hamill
    Be feared, or be fuel

10+ Year Old Account
    I really didnt like the first half of the movie (everything with that random mob boss guy and batgirl) It just felt kinda pointless other than to maybe built up sympathy for her... but even then I didnt feel it.

I think it would have been better if it started with Batman and Batgirl stopping Joker which leads to the reason hes locked up in the next half of the movie. Would give a reason for the Joker targeting her. Well... other than him knowing of her existence..... but also they kinda just drop the entire batgirl plot when joker shows up and its just weird. I know they need to stick to the source material, but then the intro shoulda been better.

I mean they go through all the trouble to make us care about Batgirl, but give no effort for why Joker picks her... no explanation, no nothing. He just does because of pre established reasons not in the movie.. while they spend the entire first half of the movie trying to make reasons for us to care about a plot point.

SO basically a quick little joker run in woulda been better than paris france guy.

Also they never really show Batman caring for Batgirl the way they intended for us to see it, it was just so weird to me.

The rest of the movie was great though, really enjoyed hearing those voice actors at it again.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2016-07-26 at 06:07 AM.