Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    If you are a tank who doesn't care about his DPS I recommend getting Anzu + WuE with holy shield , sitting inside Seal of insight all the time. If you press your buttons you are going to get around 80 to 95% uptime (100% if lucky) on fights anyway. Also, if you are that low on haste just use haste enchant on your weapon.
    Oh I definitely care about my dps, hence to why I'd love to use seraphim but didn't because I thought it was better to use empowered seals instead but I was wrong. Definitely gonna try to get Anzus and WuE and of course my tier some century and rock seraphim again. Actually I'm gonna go with seraphim or holy shield tonight and see what happens. Thanks for all the tips guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerriodos View Post
    This is a discussion thread. Giving an opinion with no reasoning for that opinion doesn't encourage discussion.
    I've already said! I dislike temporary super buffs, I hate inquisition back in MoP, Seraphim is almost the same thing. Where am I not being clear???

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I've already said! I dislike temporary super buffs, I hate inquisition back in MoP, Seraphim is almost the same thing. Where am I not being clear???
    The fact that prior to that, you did not give your reasoning ?

"Paladins are bad." "Ok, why ?" "Cuz i don't like them, like duh"

And i wonder how you were ok with paladins when they had/have HA/Wings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    It's not 6s, it's 9s, which is already 60% of sera's uptime.

One of the thing that concerns me with sera, is how it transitions from WoD to Legion.

In WoD, HoP is fairly easy/fast to come by, it's generation scales well with haste, and sera takes up 5 sec of sotr.
    In Legion, we trade 9 sec of sotr, which are much harder to come by in the first place, and provide stronger mitigation compared to wod, in addition sotr uptime scaling less with gear, thus sera doesn't "give back" nearly as much sotr uptime as in WoD.

Overall if blizzard keeps the %s to be about same as wod, i expect sera to be inferior for survival (~7-7.5% on each stat) especially given that I am not sure how they're going to handle the loss(?) of BA.
    I really feel the HoP system is what made WoD Sera work.

Let's hope Legion Sera is more powerful than WoD Sera, that's the only way I can even imagine it being worth the cost of two Sotr's that reduce all damage taken.

Giving up 9 seconds of pure damage reduction is a massive trade off and deserves an equal gain.

I hate inquisition back in MoP, Seraphim is almost the same thing. Where am I not being clear???
    Might be the fact MoP inquisition and Seraphim are not even close to the same thing.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2016-05-03 at 09:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Deleted
    You're basically saying, "I don't like it." And when we ask, "Why?" you reply, "Because I don't like it."

If you were to say something along the lines of, "I dislike temporary super buffs, due to the fact that it leaves you vulnerable during downtime. Given that lining up temporary super buffs with high-damage intake results in sitting on the cooldown for relevant spikes. Due to a huge waste in value from sitting on the ability, other talents pull ahead in terms of survival, and this encourages a state of expectations from players to achieve as near as possible 100% uptime for pure DPS gains, while sacrificing survivability, which I believe at it's core to be what tank game-play is about."

This is(was) something worth discussing (we have, for multiple pages, and I have no interest in doing so again). Substantiate your claims and opinions or don't get annoyed when you're laughed at for not doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    I really feel the HoP system is what made WoD Sera work.

Let's hope Legion Sera is more powerful than WoD Sera, that's the only way I can even imagine it being worth the cost of two Sotr's that reduce all damage taken.

Giving up 18 seconds of pure damage reduction is a massive trade off and deserves an equal gain.
    You're giving up 9 seconds, not 18.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're giving up 9 seconds, not 18.
    Ooops- my bad, had a cucumber moment.

Point still stands.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2016-05-03 at 10:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Licksalot View Post
    You're basically saying, "I don't like it." And when we ask, "Why?" you reply, "Because I don't like it."

If you were to say something along the lines of, "I dislike temporary super buffs, due to the fact that it leaves you vulnerable during downtime. Given that lining up temporary super buffs with high-damage intake results in sitting on the cooldown for relevant spikes. Due to a huge waste in value from sitting on the ability, other talents pull ahead in terms of survival, and this encourages a state of expectations from players to achieve as near as possible 100% uptime for pure DPS gains, while sacrificing survivability, which I believe at it's core to be what tank game-play is about."

This is(was) something worth discussing (we have, for multiple pages, and I have no interest in doing so again). Substantiate your claims and opinions or don't get annoyed when you're laughed at for not doing so.
    Okay, I suck at feedback reading what you say. Can I take your words to express my dislike for such talents?

And about Wings. Its cool when you have like.. 1 of this. I dislike super buffs because for me is really not that intuitive in a tank perspective. Im not saying damage mitigation, thats another problem (we have too much of this) But the fact Im suppose to save and lign everything for a super buff really seens boring and not very tank-ish. I had the same problem with Inquisition on MoP where you HAD to have 100% uptime on that crap and it was just so.boring. I dont know how are the expectations on have seraphim up on cd, but the fact that I will wait 30 seconds building everything just to hit Seraphim when it pops doesnt have the appeal to me. Every 30 seconds I have to line things up to go super sayan and just boost my stats. I would understand if it was a CD, but at 30 seconds it just isnt, its something they design for you to keep up for the most time and it costs so much of your tank abilities that I find it wierd that you would have to have 2 stacks of shield of righteous every 30 seconds. It just takes so much gameplay away.

I hope ive done better this time explaining.

Well Grand Magistrix is the first boss to do real tank damage, that was fun finally

Quick question about trinket choices for tyrant the guide linked a while back says for dmg the best trinkets are UeH and EDH what exactly makes those better than using ACP and either UeH or EDH?

Deleted
    Do paladins still have the option to move cons in legion or has that well and truly gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Willus View Post
    Do paladins still have the option to move cons in legion or has that well and truly gone?
    At the moment it looks like there will be no moving consecrate, especially since they have now tied it to the strength of SoTR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Well duh if you want to tryhard dps'ing you should use class trinket + anzu but not sure what's going to happen if you don't know how to use it properly.
    Without the Mythic class trinket it is a pain in the a**. I tried it myself on HC farm runs with the HC class trinket. But it works well on bosses like Xhul.

Deleted
    Legion Seraphim, version 1.0:

It's roughly 14% of each stat, from the looks of things.
    Last edited by mmoc8c1ae1ae56; 2016-05-06 at 04:02 AM.

That's kinda boring. We lost Bonus Armor and Multistrike, AND the duration/cooldown are basically the same. And as said earlier, we sacrifice MORE SotR uptime than before. It's gonna need a buttload of stats to be good, or some additional effect like DR/healing for its duration.

It is interesting that we can use it with 1 SotR charge for half the duration, though I don't know how often that will be useful to us.
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

SotR recharge time now is 16 seconds, which leads to massive uptime nerf tbh.

Sera is now exclusive dps talent. You will literally never use it for tanking.

Spreadsheet is updated.

In other memelord news : prot in pvp can do 5000% AP in about 4 globals, rip everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Won7on View Post
    That's kinda boring. We lost Bonus Armor and Multistrike, AND the duration/cooldown are basically the same. And as said earlier, we sacrifice MORE SotR uptime than before. It's gonna need a buttload of stats to be good, or some additional effect like DR/healing for its duration.

It is interesting that we can use it with 1 SotR charge for half the duration, though I don't know how often that will be useful to us.
    FWIW, it's about 6% DR via Vers and a 7% increase to any SotR used during it, plus a ~2s reduction to the cooldown on SotR charges and a ~0.7s reduction to the Judgment cooldown. On top of 14% crit.

Will be interesting to see how that maths out when someone smarter than me looks at it.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerriodos View Post
    FWIW, it's about 6% DR via Vers and a 7% increase to any SotR used during it, plus a ~2s reduction to the cooldown on SotR charges and a ~0.7s reduction to the Judgment cooldown. On top of 14% crit.

Will be interesting to see how that maths out when someone smarter than me looks at it.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
    F5 is your friend, friend :>

Deleted
    F5 is your friend, friend :>
    What I get for posting between dungeon pulls.