Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Can see how people might get upset with the requirement being removed, have a few friends starting out who just were not capable of even bronze. They just got someone to do it for them so they could join LFR/LFD as i expect most who can't do, do.

Just do LFD in a guild group if you must and pug the last player if needed or ask in trade or friends. Ill probably only do them for first day then after that hit the mythic instances anyway unless there is a huge incentive to go do heroics each day. By mid first tier everyone should be geared enough to face-roll them regardless of skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    If you can't get gold you're not a good player.
    I can get gold - just not on the class I've been playing for 10 years, only on the class I'd been playing for 8 days.

That's the problem - it judges the class/spec way more than the player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    Can see how people might get upset with the requirement being removed, have a few friends starting out who just were not capable of even bronze. They just got someone to do it for them so they could join LFR/LFD as i expect most who can't do, do.
    Given that much of Legion seems to be tied to dungeons etc - it seems unfair to lock out the majority of the player base behind some flawed test.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    After the first few characters I didn't even bother with Proving Grounds, because you could get better gear by going straight into raids, the Random people in WoD Heroics always seemed to have a higher twit percentage, at least in LFR it's medianed out a bit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    For some classe/spec combos Silver Proving Grounds was harder than most heroics in WoD. That's the problem - the PG system was flawed by having the same test for multiple classes - not all classes are created equal. My MM hunter walked through silver at iLvl 595, arcane mage struggled to get through at iLvl 615.

Yes - I could have just gone Frost to faceroll my way through, but that's not the point - I was going to be running heroics as Arcane, so I tried to use the system.

The system failed.
    It sure did. I managed wave 29 or something on my freshly dinged arms warrior at 595 ilv. Wave 39 was done on my 605 unholy DK. Why? I had heirloom weapon from Garrosh scaling to ilvl 620 completely ruining every scaling PG ever had. It was a bad system that could be cheesed beyond belief.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

10+ Year Old Account
    Christie Golden... oh for fucks sake. Do they even read the drivel they hire her to write... her writing is awful.

Deleted

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Christie Golden... oh for fucks sake. Do they even read the drivel they hire her to write... her writing is awful.
    The worst part of the news. Since her last book, she never, ever should have been allowed to write for the Warcraft-franchise again. Bought her last book, and could not finish it. She has zero writing skills. Infuriating.

The only Warcraft book I read is World of Warcraft Chronicle Volume I, which is amazing. Not sure about the novels with Christie Golden, so I don't know why they are considered bad for some.

Now, what scares me is this:

"...the strong and fiercely independent Frostwolf Clan are faced with increasingly harsh winters and thinning herds. When Gul’dan, a mysterious outsider, arrives in Frostfire Ridge offering word of new hunting lands..."

Since the beginning, I was always afraid of that "Our world is dying..." that Durotan says, to justify the invasion. Now more than ever, it looks like Burning Legion won't play a part in it, and it's all a "dude pls we are here for food so pls lets work together and be friends".

7+ Year Old Account
    Good. That dungeon silver rating thing was utterly stupid. Proving grounds is stupid to begin with. Got silver, never touched it again until the next alt.

Waste of time, it's annoying for alts, and it reminds me of Panda Land.

Removing it is a wise move.

PG was a pretty nice requirement. Very easy to pass if you had the slightest idea of how the spec worked.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Now, what scares me is this:

"...the strong and fiercely independent Frostwolf Clan are faced with increasingly harsh winters and thinning herds. When Gul’dan, a mysterious outsider, arrives in Frostfire Ridge offering word of new hunting lands..."

Since the beginning, I was always afraid of that "Our world is dying..." that Durotan says, to justify the invasion. Now more than ever, it looks like Burning Legion won't play a part in it, and it's all a "dude pls we are here for food so pls lets work together and be friends".
    Draenor being a dead planet (through their ruthless bloody wars) was one of the main reasons the Orcs went through the portal since the beginning. That it was because it was part of a larger Burning Legion plan was not common knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    Another "elitist" poll where it looks like most of the people are liars. I'd be curious to see the real percentage of players that have achieved anything with Proving Grounds. Too bad polls can't be done that require you vote through Battle.Net.
    They probably could but people panicked when a battle.net tie in showed up for a contest so i wouldn't expect to see it any time soon.

Couldnt care less about the PG thing, it doesnt affect my gameplay at all.
    Unlike most scrubs in this thread i couldnt care how other people play the game, i tend to only care about the fun im having. maybe people should take note.

I enjoyed every other Christie Golden book, so I went ahead and ordered this one too. I want to see the movie and love to read the books beforehand so I have a better understanding of what's going on. Since I'm a WoW player, I'm sure I won't need the book to figure it out! But I'm also a bookworm, so... any excuse to read is good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Leighandra View Post
    So essentially they got lazy or ran out of time and didn't finish it. Now they forgot about it and have to hurry and throw in some stuff. What a joke. This expansion is going to be so shit.
    I won't knock it till I see it, but their announcement was really disappointing...felt a whole lot like 'nah, we spent time on you in wrath, no point double dipping' Thanks?

If people could watch paint dry for an achievement they would, PG is the equivalent of watching paint dry for an achievement.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leighandra View Post
    So essentially they got lazy or ran out of time and didn't finish it. Now they forgot about it and have to hurry and throw in some stuff. What a joke. This expansion is going to be so shit.
    The expansion will be shit because you have the same thing you have done for 3 expansions that no one else did?

lol ok.

I can't wait to see Chaud's mined version of proving ground progression vs. today's poll. I suspect some respondents may have embellished their achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Draenor being a dead planet (through their ruthless bloody wars) was one of the main reasons the Orcs went through the portal since the beginning. That it was because it was part of a larger Burning Legion plan was not common knowledge.
    They drank the blood of a demon and went on a bloodlust. The main reason for the world to be a dead planet was because of the demons and corruptions of their warlocks, but nothing suggests that in the trailers. During the trailers, they do not look like a race that drank the blood of a demon and are on a bloodlust for war and conquest. It's more like they are immigrants searching for a new land to settle...

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    They drank the blood of a demon and went on a bloodlust. The main reason for the world to be a dead planet was because of the demons and corruptions of their warlocks, but nothing suggests that in the trailers. During the trailers, they do not look like a race that drank the blood of a demon and are on a bloodlust for war and conquest. It's more like they are immigrants searching for a new land to settle...
    You are only seeing the point of view of Durotan. During the comic con footage Orgrim looks puzzled, and mentions that the orcs they encounter are green. Durotan's Frostwolf clans are acting as immigrants, while Gul'dan's Horde are on warpath.

again this stupid christie golden with her shitty book, why they still keep putting important lore stuff there, those becoming white spots in understanding whole events and stories