Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post

Have you seen / tried 4 Bastions + One Reinheart + Mercy combo Yet? On some maps you can literally not get out of spawn its infuriating.
    Any group of Bastions i found is just a nightmare to get through, but ive personally had no trouble with any reinhearts like...at all. ive been playing junkrat 99% of the time and all i do is blow him up and watch him get shot out of the sky, or get up behind him /above.
    now roadhog or D.VA (ESPECIALLY D.VA) are nightmares. i had one hell of a Roadhog/Lucio combo on the other team that just wiped the floor with us last night. hopin i bump into em later today lol
    i tried bastion last night and its still a little ridiculous. park on a payload and get your kill streak up, enjoy as you get play of the game. it is nice if your team is in a bit of a pinch tho. i wanna try other heroes but i feel like i got such a hang on Rat that it feels bad when i go back to knowing NOTHIN about a character lol, ah well, got time to try em!

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Last night I ran into a Genji who obviously had quite the chunk of closed beta experience, knew perfectly how to play to the inch so even though he was lvl 19 he literally stomped everyone 3 rounds in a row, funny cause the rest of his team couldn't hit anything.
    But guess that is expected when you wipe skins + ranks after CB.

Only lesser fun moment I had in like 12 hours of play so far.
    If genji or tracer is stomping your team, try changing to another hero
    Junkrat (trapping in a steel trap = only needs one granade to die, can't blink or recall while trapped)
    Roadhog (catching them with hook and following up with the guarenteed-accurate shot will kill either of them). Enemies hooked have about 0.1s before the shotgun lands post-hook - Genji/tracer can get their instant reflect/recall off during this, but if they don't have the cooldown ready and are spamming the hell out of that button, they are dead.
    Winston - his weapon hits in a huge AOE with no aiming needed, and with their low hp, he's actually a threat to them.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Terrible the game is a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke View Post
    If genji or tracer is stomping your team, try changing to another hero
    Junkrat (trapping in a steel trap = only needs one granade to die, can't blink or recall while trapped)
    Roadhog (catching them with hook and following up with the guarenteed-accurate shot will kill either of them). Enemies hooked have about 0.1s before the shotgun lands post-hook - Genji/tracer can get their instant reflect/recall off during this, but if they don't have the cooldown ready and are spamming the hell out of that button, they are dead.
    Winston - his weapon hits in a huge AOE with no aiming needed, and with their low hp, he's actually a threat to them.
    My point was this guy clearly had months of beta experience, I got about roughly an hour in on like 10 heroes, some even less.
    Don't think picking the natural designed counter to that is gonna help me against someone like that.
    This guy knew exactly what and when to deflect and how to perfectly ult and jump and the corners of the maps.

I know people like that exist with months of beta, just found it a bit funny while he was ''only'' lvl 19 and mopping up the whole enemy team.

What I'm impressed about and very annoyed about are those snipers that seem to hit everytime they shoot. Seriously, I was strying to flank one that was killing our team and we were not able to get to objective area, but somehow this guy was able to hit a damn tracer. I mean what the hell?

Somehow even with Genji I wasn't able to reflect the shots back and still died about as quickly as with any other hero.

Every game has widowmakers and hanzos (I'm very tired of seeing that hanzo ultimate too...). It is the only constant annoyance to me right now. Everything else I seem to be able to deal with sufficiently good for someone of my amount of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Genji's mobile and a good assassin, but at anything but close range he's meh. The biggest threat is not letting him reflect back at you, and that's just him straight-up outplaying you.

Bastion? Don't stand in his line of fire. Shoot him from a distance. Problem solved.

McCree's pistol doesn't even come close to "one-shotting" anyone. Maybe you're picking off heavily wounded people, but you're not one-shotting them. Unless you mean his Q, and only his Q.
    genji still has to much long range poke damge, the damage drop off needs to be increased. But he also has the same problem as bastion and tourbrjn in pugs, if the team knows how to handle them they aren't a problem but if they dont' its an absolutely frustrating experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    genji still has to much long range poke damge, the damage drop off needs to be increased. But he also has the same problem as bastion and tourbrjn in pugs, if the team knows how to handle them they aren't a problem but if they dont' its an absolutely frustrating experience.
    His poke damage at long range is only any good if the enemy is silly and stands there, letting you hit them. If they're dodging, like, at all, you'll only tag them with one star per shot, and that's a maybe; the travel time makes it very difficult to hit people predictably if they're moving erratically.

I disagree that he needs any damage falloff; most characters should have one of two effects to mitigate damage potential at distance; either damage fall-off or travel time on their projectiles. Genji's got the latter.

10+ Year Old Account
    His poke damage at long range is only any good if the enemy is silly and stands there, letting you hit them. If they're dodging, like, at all, you'll only tag them with one star per shot, and that's a maybe; the travel time makes it very difficult to hit people predictably if they're moving erratically.

I disagree that he needs any damage falloff; most characters should have one of two effects to mitigate damage potential at distance; either damage fall-off or travel time on their projectiles. Genji's got the latter.
    Yeah, I gained over 100+ levels in beta, and I've never once played with or against a pro range Genji. Not saying its not possible, but its hard to lead a target with his slow projectile speed when people strafe back and forth. And in the end, why would a Genji want to be range? With his double jump and wall climbing ability, he can get behind enemy lines like a ninja, literally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Yeah, I gained over 100+ levels in beta, and I've never once played with or against a pro range Genji. Not saying its not possible, but its hard to lead a target with his slow projectile speed when people strafe back and forth.
    And there's a reason I said "meh" and not "useless". Sure, you can poke at a Bastion or Torbjorn who's camped a long way away. That occasionally has value, but you'd be better off as a Pharah or Widowmaker or Hanzo if that's what you want to do. It's not a strength of the hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I had a few friends that actually like to play Genji on my team.
    I would play him more, but I dont have the practice to do anything but hold the team back.

=o[

I'm frankly a bit surprised how well I am with the support characters like Lucio and Zen. Zen 's debuff orb does enough to keep the real annoying characters scrambling to get it off them while my team is trying to push an objective, and he hits a lot harder then you'd otherwise expect him to. same with Lucio, that bass gun has some range to it. hes a great at swatting Phara around when she's trying to make plays.

10+ Year Old Account
    My impression is shitty map design and lack of player made maps is going to mean most people will get bored and stop playing after a few days or weeks.

They NEED to give us ability to make maps like in TF2 or this game will be barren by the end of June.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

And there's a reason I said "meh" and not "useless". Sure, you can poke at a Bastion or Torbjorn who's camped a long way away. That occasionally has value, but you'd be better off as a Pharah or Widowmaker or Hanzo if that's what you want to do. It's not a strength of the hero.
    Feel like you are overstating his slow projectile, when you compare how dominate he is close range for half the heroes while still being a deadly threat mid+

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    What I'm impressed about and very annoyed about are those snipers that seem to hit everytime they shoot. Seriously, I was strying to flank one that was killing our team and we were not able to get to objective area, but somehow this guy was able to hit a damn tracer. I mean what the hell?

Somehow even with Genji I wasn't able to reflect the shots back and still died about as quickly as with any other hero.

Every game has widowmakers and hanzos (I'm very tired of seeing that hanzo ultimate too...). It is the only constant annoyance to me right now. Everything else I seem to be able to deal with sufficiently good for someone of my amount of experience.
    You mean there are people in the game that are very good at playing snipers in video games? Tracer isn't immune to headshots, she moves slightly faster than most characters when not using blink, its not as easy as most characters but it is doable. Also, WM has a huge recoil, so multiple fast snipes are not going to happen. However, when she is aiming and there is a small targeting recticle flash that means you have a headshot and if you are good at twitch reflexes you can pop a shot when you see the blink and get a kill even if you didn't know you had a target.
    Personally I havent put much effort into the sniper classes so I suck at them but I will hand it to someone who has exceptional skill as a sniper, you -will- know them when you meet them, they will make the difference in losing and winning a game.

You are just as likely to get one of these guys on your team as you are against you. Don't begrudge them because they are very good at what they do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    My impression is shitty map design and lack of player made maps is going to mean most people will get bored and stop playing after a few days or weeks.

They NEED to give us ability to make maps like in TF2 or this game will be barren by the end of June.
    Oh, this game WILL be barren but not because there aren't custom maps, but because it's extremely skill demanding and the average player is just getting stomped by CoD kids. Once the average players leave, the CoD kids can just stomp eachother into oblivion, or perhaps they will leave too because it's not fun not being able to stomp "noobs".

For the record, I haven't been wrong yet about a game's ability to retain players over time, I'm like some fucking Nostradamus with these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    Oh, this game WILL be barren but not because there aren't custom maps, but because it's extremely skill demanding and the average player is just getting stomped by CoD kids. Once the average players leave, the CoD kids can just stomp eachother into oblivion, or perhaps they will leave too because it's not fun not being able to stomp "noobs".

For the record, I haven't been wrong yet about a game's ability to retain players over time, I'm like some fucking Nostradamus with these things.
    I think you over simplify the thought patterns of extremely skilled COD players, for one you call them kids even though you have no clue what any particular players age is which means you vent yoru frustrations with assumptions and insults, and for two skilled players really feel more alive when they take down someone else with skill than they do when they kill a noob. Killing noobs is easy, killing pros is the real goal. In fact if a game is too easy they are more likely to lose interest in the game than if they were fighting an entire team of skilled players.

You hate what you can't possibly understand.

I know you think this is a legitimate argument on your behalf but to everyone else it is just butthurt.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm really not that good a player, and I haven't played a CoD game since like CoD 2. The game's got a high skill cap, but it's pretty darned easy to pick up and do reasonably well with. I'm carrying some matches as it is, which I'm sure is largely due to the influx of noobs, but I'm ONE of those noobs. The only beta access I had prior to this was the two stress test weekends, and I didn't exactly sit down and play the whole weekend for those.

As the Dark Souls community says, this seems like more of a "git gud" problem than any issue with the game itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    First impressions
    Average at best. Fun for a while but I can see it becoming boring very quickly.
    It's pretty but the art style isn't to my taste.
    Major balance issues that need to be addressed.
    I've put about 5 hours into it tonight and frankly I'm going to play something else today, It's not enough to hold my attention.
    Curious as to what you think is a balance issue? I see people say this and they don't seem to realize that ever single hero and situation you can run into has a counter.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. No
    Not to be rude, but this sounds like a "git gud" problem. I'd rate myself below average at shooters, and I'm having no problem killing people/winning games/carrying my own weight.

I'm liking the brawl mode (or whatever it was). It forces me to try new heroes and learn everything and at the same time not have everyone pick up same heroes every time.

Hang on, Tracer is the ultimate counter to Mei surely. ALL her abilities get her out of range of Mei's tiny little spray. Any tracer worth anything will never get caught out by a Mei.

Depending on the game type I've found Mei to be one of the most useful characters. Not so much if you are worried about KD but for pushing objectives and holding points she is almost unparalleled.

Have you seen / tried 4 Bastions + One Reinheart + Mercy combo Yet? On some maps you can literally not get out of spawn its infuriating.
    Nope. Mei will slaughter Tracer. Tracer having to pull back only plays to Mei's advantage. Tracer is there to do a job, she cant do that if Mei is there to harass or kill her. Tracer shooting from out of mei's range is...ineffective. her getting in and trying to kill people is ruined when she's slowed to a crawl by a wide spray which is easy to hit her with even if she blinks.

Also the 4 bastion/rein/mercy combo is a gimmick comp that is easily broken.