Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Isn't it about time for Beta?

I think it's about time to have the regular player try out Warcraft: Legion... Mr Blizzard... don't you?

We aren't all Top streamers or PVE Mythic completionists....

Isn't it time to widen out the feedback or are you too scared?

All the specs are in the latest build and shouldn't a fast 7.0 mass test take place before the end of the month?

Do you really want to overhaul all your class specs AFTER new players arrive from the movie?

QUICK mass test of 7.0 on beta servers [forget PTR] this month, then LIVE activation of pre-patch end of May.

You can always do Demon Hunters in June/July to keep up the hype.

{This message was approved by Crooked Hillary Clinton, Please Donate to my SuperPAC}

Quote Originally Posted by Higgit View Post
    {This message was approved by Crooked Hillary Clinton, Please Donate to my SuperPAC}
    Classy b8 m8.

Deleted
    Its actually already in beta, they just haven't changed the name yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Badmojoman View Post
    Its actually already in beta, they just haven't changed the name yet.
    It's not or people would have received their beta keys they won almost a month ago on various websites.

Also we would have much larger invite waves, right now they are trickling people in by checking who has alpha and actively plays it and if they see that people don't then they flag a few new accounts each build, but it's nowhere near Beta sized invite waves.

A lot of random people have been invited to the beta, not just top streamers or high end PVE players. Switching from "Alpha" to "Beta" wouldn't mean everyone could connect. I'm not sure that Blizzard has ever done an open beta, outside of the original Vanilla open beta. All expansions have been invite only (Or the failed MoP annual pass beta).

Deleted
    The words are meaningless, but this way Blizzard gets to advertise with ''SHORTEST BETA EVER!'' when they're ready for release.

Deleted
    I think it's about time to have the regular player try out Warcraft: Legion...
    No worries, blizzard heard you and invited a lot of "regular players" recently. You're well represented.

I think it's about time to have the regular player try out Warcraft: Legion... Mr Blizzard... don't you?

Isn't it time to widen out the feedback or are you too scared?
    What do you mean? Mythic Raiders and Streamers are in the Alpha sure. And there is an incredible variety of "regular" players in as well.

I guess you mean isn't it about to for blizzard to have you try out Legion. Unfortunately a beta name change isn't going to guarantee mass invites, and certainly isn't going to guarantee that you or anyone you know gets in either.

The "are you scared" bit does make me laugh though, nice try.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Yeah, I really want pet battlers and LFR plebs flooding Blizzard with their "feedback".

@Higgit, I really hope not. Not everything is near good enough. Classes are still getting changed on a biweekly basis. Your (and my) whims to try all this stuff out would just doom a number of specs to being unfinished. And it's not like they have suddenly taken care of all the bugs. Patience, give them a few more weeks to fix the specs. They are close. No reason to rush this stuff, just play overwatch until then.

Also what's with all these why no beta threads? They will call it beta if and when they feel like it. We know the release date. Don't be obsessed with labels, they will probably only use beta when everything else is implemented and just need a wide scale bug hunt. Which really is what beta should be.

Anyway it will come when it does and asking about it won't make it come faster.

The only thing different about this alpha/beta.., is that Blizz didn;t have enough friends and family still willing to play the game and test in the F&F Alpha... so they opened it up to "some" random people... and beefed up the amount of streamers.

Beta will be just like every other beta... when they need mass quantities of people to really wring it out.

First part of June Beta will come out...

10+ Year Old Account
    What if beta comes and they still don't pick you? then what?

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    What if beta comes and they still don't pick you? then what?
    I really hope they don't pick someone like this, although with their random waves it's inevitable. Looking at the class feedback you can see the sort of nonsense that comes out of these people's mouths and no suggestion on how to fix it.

Deleted
    They are still heavily testing...

I wouldn't expect the mass invites to go out till about a month or so of launch.

7+ Year Old Account
    do we really need a new "when's beta comming", "beta this month?" "-month- still no beta?" "time for the beta?" thread every 3 days?

Formerly known as Arafal

Lot of players that aren't streamers and top raiders are in the "alpha".
    It's probably good to not let too many in though. The beta is not there for you to try the game, it's so that Blizzard can test the game with players in it.

We have the release date so it's irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    A large number of the people that want beta just want to "Play" and not really test. If they got in now they'd be doing nothing but moaning and bitching because the quest giver is gone (still) or the mobs phase out when I get close to them (still) or the mini map isn't really showing where stuff is....ect ect ect. I report bugs daily...sometimes same bug day after day...eventually it will get fixed. Oh and don't forget how jittery the flight path ride gets sometimes.....if you have a delicate stomach and get motion sickness you wouldn't be flying far

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Yeah, I really want pet battlers and LFR plebs flooding Blizzard with their "feedback".
    While I -somewhat- disagree with the way this post is presented, I feel the same way. Allow the professionals like mythic completionists to give the proper feedback. Once that's done and over allow both casuals and professionals in for more bug testing and all that. I don't really trust a casual who just started playing a paladin to give proper feedback, I'd rather leave that up to the people that have 1. Been playing the class for years or 2. Know enough about the class to perform properly in mythic.

After all the feedback is given about classes and the class design shit is done, then everyone including the "normal" players should be given access.

Deleted
    This time, beta should have a length of about 1-2 months. It will be a stress test, nothing more.