Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think they said Legion's prepatching might be spaced out over a longer period of time compared to past expansions. Maybe the dark whispers starting two months out, then the broken shore a month later, and demon hunters a week before. (Two weeks of demon hunters would probably be better to let the shine fade so more people carry forward old mains.)

Much to the chagrin of the involved classes (arms and brm specifically, though reading BrM feedback thread, people may actually be playing BrM wrong O.o) blizzard has all but announced moving in to tuning mode which will probably mean few to no mechanical changes unless something breaks. PTR is probably on the way since they can number tune during it.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Everyone and their grandmother will be playing DH if they're available before the expansion goes live. That'll be an interesting situation...
    Great time to be a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by zurm View Post
    Finally, even if that was their intent, Blizzcon was a long time ago. Things change. Given the state of the classes (completely ignoring the phasing issues, quest bugs, lack of completed legion content, etc) I would honestly be impressed with the prepatch hitting 4 weeks before launch, and DH unlocking with only 2 weeks until launch.
    Just want to chime in that I don't think we've ever had a pre-patch of less than 4 weeks *AND* blizzard announced the expansion far earlier relative to the release than usually (it's almost always been 2 months). This is an indicator that blizzard feel ready enough to announce it & are simply aiming for the first 'good' days (end of summer holidays) available. And going back to the original comment, being 'impressed' by a 4 week prepatch sounds to me like your estimations should be taken with even more grain of salt than anyone else, since it's pretty much the minimum we're going to get.

It's also a lot of work to add relevant gear drops for DH for HFC if they're only spending 2 weeks in there, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Two things are getting blurred to spur missinformation.

The interview everyone "remembers" was from Ion Hazzikostas back in Novemeber or 2015 http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...age=5#comments

Relevant parts below:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Legion Pre-Expansion Patch
    • The pre expansion patch is on a similar timeline to previous expansions.
    • There will be a pre-release patch coming out a few weeks prior to the Broken Isles becoming accessible, which will include the invasion events.
    • Anyone who has pre-purchased Legion will be able to make their Demon Hunter and play through their starting experience during this patch.

I think the "during this patch" reference in the interview was the Pre-Expansion patch NOT the pre-release patch...but again, that's up for interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Asacado View Post
    I have a feeling they will enable DH right at the patch to try to boost sub numbers.
    It will only matter if the patch is pre-July 1

If it's post-July 1 or pre-September 30 it's all the same from a Quarterly Reporting standpoint...

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    It will only matter if the patch is pre-July 1

If it's post-July 1 or pre-September 30 it's all the same from a Quarterly Reporting standpoint...
    My guess is it will.

Also while it may not help a QR sub number, bringing people back a month or two earlier is an earnings increase.

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

In the business world...if it doesn't effect the QEC it doesn't matter
    And it could also be argued giving people a month or two soon access will have them cancel a month or two sooner.

Just devil's advocating here...I'm hoping it drops May 31 or June 21 (either a week before or two weeks after the film)

Sub numbers aren't going to reported in the quarterly's going forward, so it's a nonissue as long as they are able to say there's good moneys to be had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Everyone and their grandmother will be playing DH if they're available before the expansion goes live. That'll be an interesting situation...
    It would do wonders for subscriptions, so it isn't an impossibility.

Deleted
    Would not surprise me if DH got released shortly after beta begins- for those who preordered. Would make more people preorder when they see DH running around - to cause hype and get people back some months early.
    Not that I am going to main any DH, but it can give a little something to do for those not in alpha, while waiting for Legion (and no, there are lots to do in WOD, just many ppl complaining about it..)

Deleted
    So you just need to pre-order Legion to get your DH in the pre-event, and not the deluxe edition or whatever. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Livonya View Post
    So you just need to pre-order Legion to get your DH in the pre-event, and not the deluxe edition or whatever. Right?
    Right, any version of the digital preorder (or possible physically going to the store, unsure on that as I don't need game boxes taking up space)

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Right, any version of the digital preorder (or possible physically going to the store, unsure on that as I don't need game boxes taking up space)
    Physical copies won't work for early access, as the purchaser won't receive their serial number until they get their copy, which wouldn't be until release day.

But you could get the digital one and the box one (if you wanted the extra stuff in the box), and then on release day have them give you credit for the digital one and then apply the other one.

It's a stupid work around that they've done for 2 expansions so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Promdates View Post
    But you could get the digital one and the box one (if you wanted the extra stuff in the box), and then on release day have them give you credit for the digital one and then apply the other one.

It's a stupid work around that they've done for 2 expansions so far.
    Blizzard won't give credit. All they will do is release one of the serial numbers so the buyer can sell it or give it away. This was announced in a community blog a couple of months ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the subject of everyone playing DH if it's prereleased more than a few days : that's actually a good thing, tbh.
    Atm, I think it's safe to say that most players are fairly bored so it'll give us something to do. I has also several benefits : players wanting to play DH as their main char will have some time to level their professions (and generally prepare their DH for Legion) ; those sticking to their class will have some time to toy around with the new one without the pressure of the new expansion (thinking mosty about raiders, obviously ^^) ; and finally it might help people unsure about what to play if they want to pursue with the DH, even if the 100 talents are limited (still, it probably is enough to decide).

Even if the class is slightly changed between the prepatch and the released (which is always the case for existing classes during prepatch anyway), I think it would be beneficial in all regards. I can't honnestly find a good reason, nor a downside, in letting players having say a month and a half of wod-DH.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the past, when a patch drops we get all the new abilities/talents/changes but we don't get to play DK or Monk until the expansion actually drops. It seems for legion, as Ion has mentioned, we will get to play during 7.0 but only to 100. DH talents are locked from 98-110 so you will only get to add 1 or 2 talents during WoD.

pre-patch will last several weeks, not 1 week... we have the entire pre-patch invasion event + DH to play around with.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgl View Post
    On the subject of everyone playing DH if it's prereleased more than a few days : that's actually a good thing, tbh.
    Atm, I think it's safe to say that most players are fairly bored so it'll give us something to do. I has also several benefits : players wanting to play DH as their main char will have some time to level their professions (and generally prepare their DH for Legion) ; those sticking to their class will have some time to toy around with the new one without the pressure of the new expansion (thinking mosty about raiders, obviously ^^) ; and finally it might help people unsure about what to play if they want to pursue with the DH, even if the 100 talents are limited (still, it probably is enough to decide).

Even if the class is slightly changed between the prepatch and the released (which is always the case for existing classes during prepatch anyway), I think it would be beneficial in all regards. I can't honnestly find a good reason, nor a downside, in letting players having say a month and a half of wod-DH.
    Totally agree with this. I already know i am gonna be a DH comes Legion, but the prepatch time will allow me to tinker with the class, learn the general "feel" and confirm my decision.

All current sources say a week, and I have been told from slightly more trustworthy sources is a week as well.

What people seem to refuse to realize is that the prepatch may last longer than a week, but no one has said that Demon Hunters will be available for the entire pre-patch. People can't seem to make the distinction.

Then again, Blizzard has yet to publicly come forward and say exactly how long we will have DH during the pre-patch, if at all. Hopefully at least when Beta goes live we can get a definitive answer as to weather we've been mislead or not.

If we have, and it is a week, technically Blizzard can say 'we still gave you access, we lived up out or side of the bargain for preordering', yet everyone knows that's not nearly good enough. Hopefully now that everyone has caught onto the fact that it's probably a week, they may change their tune and actually tell us. It's not like we've been asking for 6 months or anything. Heh. Heh.... heh......

inb4 a few million strong angry mob?
    Last edited by JimSolo; 2016-05-05 at 12:20 AM.
    "It's those tears of rage making it harder for you to see." - Warstar [March 2016]
    Soloing Discord
    DH