Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Gotta have dat 60" TV and soundbar/woofer nearby as my secondary monitor lol

That isn't a 60" TV though.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    That isn't a 60" TV though.
    Sorry, you are correct, the viewing area is 57" :P

Its an oldschool 2007 Mitsubishi DLP 1080p HDTV I got for super cheap. Think I paid under $300 for it if I recall about a year or so ago.

Tons of these things for sale for dirt cheap. I've seen a couple of 65" models on local FB yard sale groups go for as little as $150.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-05-04 at 09:53 PM.

Sorry, you are correct, the viewing area is 57" :P
    can you trust a man that's mistaken about his tv size...

10+ Year Old Account
    When I moved out I received the greatest gift ever given. A Hammer that is ALSO a screwdriver. #mindblown

sig made by BeastyBeauty

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a hammer and multiple bit swappable screwdrivers in my toolbox. I'm ready to build furniture at any time. Ignore the outdoor chairs I haven't bothered to build yet though.

Pretty sure I had a hammer, screwdrivers, and a set of wrenches when I was 10 years old.

10+ Year Old Account
    You only need a large desk if you have a lot of junk. I can push my keyboard and mouse forward and do college work with plenty of room.
    Or just lots of stuff. On my desk right now is my HOTAS, 2 monitors, Wii, 2 external drives, 7 port USB hub, big ergo keyboard, my mouse, and my drink. The computer itself (a laptop) is behind the desk.

And then on the shelf on my right is my UPS, my SATA dock (with backup drive in it), 3D printer, and the phone.
    Last edited by Masark; 2016-05-04 at 10:01 PM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I have multiple sets of tools

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Or just lots of stuff. On my desk right now is my HOTAS, 2 monitors, Wii, 2 external drives, 7 port USB hub, 2 monitors, big ergo keyboard, my mouse, and my drink. The computer itself (a laptop) is behind the desk.

And then on the shelf on my right is my UPS, my SATA dock (with backup drive in it), 3D printer, and the phone.
    I'll give a pass to flight sim guys. lol

My father is a very handyman, he would get me to help with every single house/car/motorcycle repair since I was a child. I picked up the skills that way and I got his old tool box as a gift when I moved out since then I've added onto it. I own several hammers and dozens of screwdrivers, not exactly sure how someone gets away with out the basics.

I have all kinds of screwdrivers and a pretty nice cordless drill. Most of the screwdrivers are the ones where you can change the bits around, and I have a shitload of different bits. And I own one hammer.

I'm not much of a "handyman" type though. It took me forever to put up replacement blinds not long ago, and I was proud that I managed to do so without having to bother my dad (which is what I usually have to do for home improvement/repair projects). I do IT service and PC repair, and I get into shit all the time where I'm trying to open a PC/laptop that has those stupid hex screws. Or I'm running network cables and have to drill holes, mount stuff on the wall, etc.

The hammer rarely gets used. Actually, if I remember correctly, the only reason I bought it was "shit, I should probably own a hammer" popped into my head when I was in a hardware store one day. I also have quite a few tools that I bought for one job and never used again.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-05-04 at 10:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    That would make me leave, go home, shower and never return......I feel dirty looking at that.
    Jesus... put some trigger warning on that shit /shudder.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Got a garage full of tools... can't imagine living in a home without basic tools.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    easy you pay someone to do it for you.
    Why would you be crazy enough to pay someone to do what is usually easy to do?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I don't have one in my car, I just have basics right now! I think my dad has a single one in the house / his car.

I'm sure you also weigh more than ~130lb, so you'd have the weight to do it too

I jumped on the fucker and it didn't loosen. RIP my life, especially since it was in a parking lot and people were watching.
    You need a snipe. just a peace of pipe you can stick on the end of the breaker bar/tire iron and get mechanical advantage ie: leverage
    Does wonders. I'm not getting any younger, and don't feel like I got beat up by car parts, and this one simple addition makes life SOOOO much easier
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Got a garage full of tools... can't imagine living in a home without basic tools.
    Pretty much this, I do as much on my cars/house as I possibly can. Why pay someone else a shit load of money to something I can do myself? Going to put a new shingles on my garage in a couple weeks, it will cost around a $1000, would be 3 times that for someone else to do it. I view tools as an investment.

Edit: Read some of the thread, don't get me wrong I have someone come in and do the stuff I'm not comfortable doing like having my furnace replaced or a new breaker box put in.
    Last edited by Ineluki; 2016-05-05 at 12:50 AM.

Hello, yes I own hammer and crew drover.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

When I was younger... my dad told me that the most essential items to keep in your house was an entire set of basic tools. I have a few hammers, and different screw drivers... also a jeweler set. Several maglites laying around. Even a set of allen wrenches because I refuse to use the crappy ones provided to me in boxes :P Also have a completely different set for both my vehicles... along with all the basic crap you might need if you start having car issues.

My dad was pretty insistent that those things mattered. After 10 years or so of being on my own... I'm inclined to agree.

This thought came to me the other day - who in their right mind that owns a house doesn't have at least a basic set of tools? It came up when one of the nerdy Sri Lankan accountants at work was complaining because he didn't have the tools to hang a heavy picture frame on a wall (drill, stud finder, etc) and a handyman quoted him an "outrageous" price of $40 to do the job. This guy is late 30s, has a wife and a 2yo kid and owns a 3 bedroom townhouse and doesn't have basic tools

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    When I was younger... my dad told me that the most essential items to keep in your house was an entire set of basic tools. I have a few hammers, and different screw drivers... also a jeweler set. Several maglites laying around. Even a set of allen wrenches because I refuse to use the crappy ones provided to me in boxes :P Also have a completely different set for both my vehicles... along with all the basic crap you might need if you start having car issues.

My dad was pretty insistent that those things mattered. After 10 years or so of being on my own... I'm inclined to agree.
    As it should be, I'd even go as far as to say you should have at least two sets, one for the house and one for the car(if more than one vehicle then a basic set for each of them). Not having a basic set of tools would be about the equivalent of not having a tire iron, jumper cables, and a small gas/petrol can in your car.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134