Mighty No. 9 finally has a release date - June 21st

But it didn't have a megathread, so I made this one. The closest I could find was this thing which is just a depressing to read through. All those hopeful, clueless idiOH SHIT I'm in there. *cough*

Anyways, the news: http://www.mightyno9.com/en/20160502

A message from Keiji Inafune –

“To all of our backers and fans of Mighty No. 9,

Firstly, I would like to say again how sincerely sorry we are for how long we have kept all of our fans waiting. We are finally able to deliver some long awaited news regarding Mighty No. 9. We have now confirmed the following release dates for Mighty No. 9: June 21st 2016 (North America & Asia) and June 24th 2016 (World Wide). We understand that as a result of the various delays we have disappointed and let down our fans, but we are happy to finally be able to deliver the game to everyone who brought us this far.

With the game having “gone gold” we are in the last final stages of being able to deliver it into your hands, be that via your favorite retail outlet, or via digital channels.

Therefore the release date we are announcing is set in stone and there will be no further delays for the game.

Portable versions for PlayStation® Vita and Nintendo 3DS ™ will follow at a later point.

It has been almost three years since the start of our Kickstarter campaign, which was only made possible through the support of our backers and fans around the world. This is a project where everyone’s passions were combined in order to create something very special, and we are looking forward to delivering the final product to everyone who was involved. There can be no stronger connection between game creators and game fans.

Now that the dust has settled, we will be delivering Mighty No. 9 to everyone next month. How long will it take you to clear the main story on NORMAL? How many people are going to be able to clear MANIAC mode? What is going to be the fastest record for the time attack mode? We are looking forward to seeing the community answer all of these questions for us! Make sure to let us know your feedback and thoughts on the game through our SNS channels as you play the game. Your voices are what made this game possible, and we want to continue hearing what you think so that it may influence our future endeavors. “

-Keiji Inafune
    TLDR: June 21st NA and Asia, June 24th everywhere else. PSVita and 3DS sometime later.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Might No.9 gets delayed*

>.>

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post

>.>
    It might, and wouldn't that be a mighty disappointment again?

That joke doesn't sound as good anymore actually...

Hope the game is great though, now they're going to have to deal with extreme criticism if there is flaws due to all the delays.

10+ Year Old Account
    From playing the demo its actually a great game IMO. I kinda want to wait for the eventual NX version but I'll probably go ahead and redeem the code (Steam when it comes) my buddy got for me nearly 3 years ago.....
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

>.>
    Given how many delays there have already been, I'm 100% ready for "something" to break and the game to be delayed again. I mean, I figured Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 would be out before this launches : D

10+ Year Old Account
    I have hopes for No. 9, but no longer high hopes. I think it will be the weakest of the three big kickstarter reboots (Mighty, Bloodstained, Yooka-Layle), but I dont expect it to be complete garbage like a lot of other skeptics seem to be heralding it as.

I wonder how the work is going on that Mega Man Legends successor project that got slammed by the Shenmue 3 kickstarter, last I recall a Chinese company was going to front the bill for it and the crowd funding was cancelled. I wonder if that will ramp up development now with Mighty finally out the door.

Uh huh. I've been glad i decided not to back this and each time Inafune says something about the game he usually reinforces that opinion.

Once again waiting for a "...buuuuuuuut"

So is there anyone on this forum that backed the game and care share any backer information?

Assuming you're allowed to share it...

I backed it.

Now if they'll just announce when I'm getting my Retro box with manual and other physical items....

I haven't been following the forums or anything like that, so I don't have any info to share. Unless there's info there, I haven't seen any backer info that hasn't been released elsewhere.

What really irked me was when they announced the Signature Edition for PS4 with a Beck figure, but backers didn't have any option to get one.

I had it on pre-order for some time now and I am not giving up. I MUST play it.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicchill View Post
    I had it on pre-order for some time now and I am not giving up. I MUST play it.
    Unless everyone I know says it's absolutely terrible then I am definitely going to play it. I love the classic Mega Man games and want more like them.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the amount I've played in Comic-con, it seemed like a well made game, there were no prominent bugs that I could find and it was pretty responsive for what it is. So it being delayed this long is pretty dumb.

From the amount I've played in Comic-con, it seemed like a well made game, there were no prominent bugs that I could find and it was pretty responsive for what it is. So it being delayed this long is pretty dumb.
    Well maybe the multiplayer will turn out to be fucking amazing and everyone will have a huge helping of humble pie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Well maybe the multiplayer will turn out to be fucking amazing and everyone will have a huge helping of humble pie.
    Still makes no sense why there's multiplayer in megaman (rockman!) type game.

That's old people thinking right thar Remilia

Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I always wanted to be able to co-op Megaman with my brother. This might just give me that chance.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

What really gets me is that multiplayer is totally the kind of thing that could be patched in later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    That's old people thinking right thar Remilia

Come at me. I r old.

For the sick 360 no scope action.