Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaralah View Post
    In beta surprisingly people were keen on having at least 1 tank and 1 healer, even in unranked, i played probably over 200 games and amount of games that didnt have a tank or healer wasnt over 10, especially in ranked people were wary of composition, hero switches, situational counters etc. , of course this might not be the case with the amount of people and quality of people at release.

Dying too fast seems like an awareness issue to me, should be solved over time as one improves himself/herself, one of the most important things is to memorize maps and specific spots on those maps that are advantageous to each hero, like where is the point that widowmaker will sit on or where will she jump to when pressured at close range, or where are the spots for bastion/torbjorn that only has one angle of attack, from where can genji/reaper sneak to backlines so you can prepare in advance, these will become muscle memories and instinct over time as you play.

Recognizing movement patterns also play a huge role , like you see a glimpse of mcree runing past at distance from a window, there are two possible ways he can take , so you approach those point carefully as he will also try to track your movement and flashbang you from a corner as you come out, avoiding that flashbang is top priority
    This. I'm not dying as much as OP says he is, i did play a lot in the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Early Access... YAY!!!

First of all, I'm amazed how accurate people can shoot... I don't think I killed a single enemy, in the three games I played.

But the main problem must be the constant one-shot I suffered from... Or so I thought, until I noticed the Kill Cam..
    From my PoV, I get one-shotted over and over.. Alive and running and then SPLAT!!
    Seeing the Kill Cam tells another story: Hit hit hit hit hit hit hit SPLAT!

Why is there no indication, when you get hit? In Doom/Quake, your sceeen turns red when you are hit. The more damage you suffer, the more red the screen turned... In Overwatch; NOTHING.
    Maybe I have the attention-spam of an earthworm, but health-bar is located so far from your view field, that I cannot look at it all the time, to see if I'm being hit, without loosing sight of friends and foes...

How do people avoid being killed?
    I think this is just a characteristic of FPS games. Sure, in OW you got a bit of extra life, but it's not like your traditional Blizzard game where you either have a pretty good overview of the battlefield (top-down) or combat is so slow that it allows ample time to react.

I'm sort of just thankful it's not like COD where I just get 1-shot all day by kids with lightning reflexes.

But yeah I think Overwatch could improve it's UI a bit.

Haha, very funny..

On a serious note, volumes:
    Master: 100
    Music: 10
    Effects: 80
    Then I have absolutely no idea how you can say there's no audio warning of any kind considering you can hear McCree's right clicks from miles away. There's also hit indicators in the middle of your screen whenever you get hit pointing at what direction you get him from, and an audio whenever you get to low health.

Not sure how people have issues seeing/hearing things to be fair.
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes

I can hear the footsteps of enemies from 2 rooms across. There's even a distinction between the steps of allies and enemies, the emotes they use... OP will get used to it in time. Awareness in this game is top priority. THE top priority. On par with teamwork, which was amazingly good during Closed Beta and now that the game is opened up the teams are extremely unorganized. This is natural, but people assume that's just how the game is. As they get experience they'll learn the mechanics. Just takes time.

yeah you actually get so used to the sound effects i dont remember the last time a reaper teleported behind me and i didnt hear that coming, i also forgot to mention as post above me said there is even a distinction between ally and enemy footsteps, i sound like a big bad pro fps player with these posts but i usually get made fun of by my irl friends about the sounds in the games and general mediocrity of my fps skills

Quote Originally Posted by Anaralah View Post
    yeah you actually get so used to the sound effects i dont remember the last time a reaper teleported behind me and i didnt hear that coming, i also forgot to mention as post above me said there is even a distinction between ally and enemy footsteps, i sound like a big bad pro fps player with these posts but i usually get made fun of by my irl friends about the sounds in the games and general mediocrity of my fps skills
    Here's something to back your words up in front of your friends - http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1023317...sive-Goal-Play
    Overwatch - Play by Sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Sounds like your ping may be high enough that the server registers your death before your computer even receives information that you are being attacked.
    Was it you that said the disconnects were my ISP too even though it was happening to everyone I was playing with, as well as MANY people on the forums and are now not happening anymore for any of us? It's not me, my connection, or my machine...because I'm not the only one having the issue.

It would be one thing if I was near death and had a slight hiccup like the internet has. It's completely different to be perfectly in sync with everything else but having no damage indicator to someone hitting me in the back. I've been on both sides of it. I've killed people who are watching a direction and they don't even turn to fire back. They just move around a bit and die.

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest problem are the shitty map designs. They look beautiful, but after the 3rd play through you're not even noticing the beauty, just the shitty lay out.

They REEEAAALLY need to make player designed maps like with TF2, if they don't, I can see this game lasting maybe 1 month and then people getting bored and leaving. I've only been playing for a day and I'm already extremely bored. If it were for the fact that I like leveling up, I probably wouldn't even be playing it any more.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

people keep saying "shitty layout" but then dont say why. I just see new players using the most obviously frontal routes when theres 2-3 paths each on both sides of an objective for some maps + extra ones if you have mobility abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It just sounds like some kind of sound issue, perhaps with your settings, drivers, I dunno.

I can't help but notice when even the smallest thing hits me what with the sounds and indicators. Not to mention the funny breath inhale sound thing you make if you get too low on HP.
    I remember it used to sound like they were underwater when they got hit.

Deleted

First of all, I'm amazed how accurate people can shoot... I don't think I killed a single enemy, in the three games I played.

But the main problem must be the constant one-shot I suffered from... Or so I thought, until I noticed the Kill Cam..
    From my PoV, I get one-shotted over and over.. Alive and running and then SPLAT!!
    Seeing the Kill Cam tells another story: Hit hit hit hit hit hit hit SPLAT!

Why is there no indication, when you get hit? In Doom/Quake, your sceeen turns red when you are hit. The more damage you suffer, the more red the screen turned... In Overwatch; NOTHING.
    Maybe I have the attention-spam of an earthworm, but health-bar is located so far from your view field, that I cannot look at it all the time, to see if I'm being hit, without loosing sight of friends and foes...

How do people avoid being killed?
    Ahahahahaha, yeah, that's a pretty common experience. You will get sick of it and delete the game when you're about level 8 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    Ahahahahaha, yeah, that's a pretty common experience. You will get sick of it and delete the game when you're about level 8 or something.
    Yea, literally never had this problem. In fact i think o erwatch os overly gemerous with warning you about being flanked and where xamage is coming from.

Enemy footsteps are loud as hell in this game
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Was it you that said the disconnects were my ISP too even though it was happening to everyone I was playing with, as well as MANY people on the forums and are now not happening anymore for any of us? It's not me, my connection, or my machine...because I'm not the only one having the issue.
    The reason we say that is because there are plenty of other people, like myself, who have had zero disconnects across a couple dozen hours of gameplay thus far. If the game isn't DCing everyone, then there's some other factor that's causing the disconnects. Your internet connection is an obvious suspect.

If the game servers were glitching and couldn't connect properly, everyone would be seeing DC issues. Instead, it seems like a fairly small minority, which makes me think it's down to server connection issues, since if I recall Overwatch has a slightly lower tolerance than many other games to ping spikes and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The reason we say that is because there are plenty of other people, like myself, who have had zero disconnects across a couple dozen hours of gameplay thus far. If the game isn't DCing everyone, then there's some other factor that's causing the disconnects. Your internet connection is an obvious suspect.

If the game servers were glitching and couldn't connect properly, everyone would be seeing DC issues. Instead, it seems like a fairly small minority, which makes me think it's down to server connection issues, since if I recall Overwatch has a slightly lower tolerance than many other games to ping spikes and the like.
    Yeah...that's not true in the least. It's not an all or nothing deal. Not saying it's on blizzards end, there could be a disconnect anywhere. But blaming it on my ISP when numerous people are dropping is ridiculous. For example if you have 10 authentication servers running and 9 are running fine and 1 is having an issue, everyone trying to connect to that one are not going to be able to log in. That doesn't mean that there is a problem with their ISP just because you aren't having an issue.

The game suffers from some client-server-client input lag. It's especially noticeable on Genji or if you are messing with a Blackwidow and you are behind the wall but suddenly die from a shot.

You can watch a character attack you, hit deflect and then die with deflect up. And when you watch their replay, you were visible for longer than you were on your screen and they had attacked you multiple times and you die before seeing the animation for deflect start.

There is a definite big gap in input lag times on the game currently, and it's only getting worse with more people.

Deleted
    i can't see how this is a problem

playing 60 matches now and i have had no problem at all with this.
    Just sounds like you only focus on what is in front of you, completely ignoring everything else.
    i always look from side to side making sure there's no one trying to sneak up on me i keep my eyes on all possible places they could be or come from.
    and i'm pretty sure there's an indicator showing where you're getting shot at from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    The game suffers from some client-server-client input lag. It's especially noticeable on Genji or if you are messing with a Blackwidow and you are behind the wall but suddenly die from a shot.

You can watch a character attack you, hit deflect and then die with deflect up. And when you watch their replay, you were visible for longer than you were on your screen and they had attacked you multiple times and you die before seeing the animation for deflect start.

There is a definite big gap in input lag times on the game currently, and it's only getting worse with more people.
    have yet to experience any input lag of any kind

Judging from the fact that everyone else seems to believe there IS an indicator, may I recommend submitting a bug report?

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    i can't see how this is a problem

playing 60 matches now and i have had no problem at all with this.
    Just sounds like you only focus on what is in front of you, completely ignoring everything else.
    i always look from side to side making sure there's no one trying to sneak up on me i keep my eyes on all possible places they could be or come from.
    and i'm pretty sure there's an indicator showing where you're getting shot at from.

- - - Updated - - -

have yet to experience any input lag of any kind
    You probably just aren't paying attention to it. OP is seeing it, he just doesn't realize what it is.

Deleted
    also
    there's an indicator
    right in the middle of your screen, all around your aim it shows what directions you're getting shot from
    it's not that hard to miss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    It doesn't sound far from the truth.. I'm considering it already at level 3
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/