Thread: WC4 and WoW 2?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, since Cata we're playing WoW 2.

WC4 could be really, really great, although I'd honestly prefer a complete remake of WC3. New tech, new graphics, same story. Basically get the FF7 treatment.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlikely to do either no matter how much I would like a Warcraft 4. RTS is just not a thing right now. WoW2 is a nonstarter. It won't happen. It would take years to develop and there would probably little or nothing for WoW1 in the meanwhile. MMORPG's are not the promised land of revenue in 2016 that they were a few years ago.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-05-04 at 11:03 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Umm...no. WoW2 will never happen. There are so many unanswered stuff such as these:

Who is azeroths world soul?

Where is sargeras?

When are we going to invade argus

Who are the void lords?

When is gilneas going to come back...and where is sylvanas?

What is anduin going to do now that he's king?

Where is n'zoth?

If ferondis was able to damage azshara, then...is she not as powerful as we think she is?

Are there more dragons out there other than the storm dragons in stormheim?

Where is haleya?

Is odyn going to die?

What happened in kazan, kul'tiras, zandalar?

Where is vol'jin?

What happened with farahlon?

What about the aspects?

Are there more titan cities somewhere? Are there titan cities on AU draenor?

When we do go to space, where are we going to get the ships at? Tempest keep..maybe?

There are so many more...but..I just can't say them all.

WC4? All for. WoW2 for the sake of "new graphics" and shit like that when the graphics are already being improved upon every expansion and there are other mmorpgs offering a different art style for those craving it? Fuck that noise to hell and back. Luckily it won't ever happen.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-05-04 at 11:16 PM.

Deleted
    The biggest question of them all is still and will always be: WHEN DO WE FIGHT AMAN'THUL?

I'm confused, that no one brings that up regularly... cause after the fight vs. Murozond in Endtime, it is very clear, that he will become corrupted, and cause Aman'thul is one, if not the strongest entitity in whole WoW, that would be the biggest finale one could imagine. (From whom he could become corrupted is another question though)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Honestly, since Cata we're playing WoW 2.

WC4 could be really, really great, although I'd honestly prefer a complete remake of WC3. New tech, new graphics, same story. Basically get the FF7 treatment.
    Why would you prefer that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    There are a few unanswered questions left, such as:

-Will Bolvar be corrupted by the spirits of Ner'zhul and Arthas?
    -Are the Zandalari Trolls going to make a comeback?
    -What is Wrathion up to?
    -What happened to Kul Tiras?
    -Can the Old Gods truly be killed? If not will C'thun and Yogg-Saron return anytime soon?

And of course, the biggest one: When will we assault Argus?
    And what about Hogger?

I would like a WC4, but it would have to focus on either micro or macro instead of both. Most people can't multitask well enough to handle both at the same time.

For people who don't know what I'm talking about: A micro game WC4 would be where you mainly control the armies and the computer takes care of most of the base building stuff. A macro WC4 game would be more of a sim-city game where you build bases and outposts in a strategic manor and the computer controls most the army unit stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Umm...no. WoW2 will never happen. There are so many unanswered stuff such as these:

Who is azeroths world soul?

Where is sargeras?

When are we going to invade argus

Who are the void lords?

When is gilneas going to come back...and where is sylvanas?

What is anduin going to do now that he's king?

Where is n'zoth?

If ferondis was able to damage azshara, then...is she not as powerful as we think she is?

Are there more dragons out there other than the storm dragons in stormheim?

Where is haleya?

Is odyn going to die?

What happened in kazan, kul'tiras, zandalar?

Where is vol'jin?

What happened with farahlon?

What about the aspects?

Are there more titan cities somewhere? Are there titan cities on AU draenor?

When we do go to space, where are we going to get the ships at? Tempest keep..maybe?

There are so many more...but..I just can't say them all.
    Just for the sake of argument. Why couldnt these things be discovered in wow 2?

Deleted
    I honestly believe there wont be a warcraft 4 or a wow 2. Because simply the lore has stretched on for so long and there is so much focus on the current time period in wow with burning legion focus on azeroth and the army of the light prophecy that it doesn't leave them any viable options. I think the best path for blizzard is to relaunch wc1-3 remastered and let wow play out its life span with expansions for the big plot involving the big bad's and once the subs hit a low numbers the 400k mark will see the game go on patch support but i wouldnt hold my breath for that day to come.

I believe with the talent they have now that we might see a new fantasy world emerge in say 5-10 years time. Heck they might just take diablo and make it into an mmorpg as its rich in low and charaters already. But with 12 years of mmorpg experience behind them with all the lessons they have learned with wow that im sure it will be a huge success.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totterbart View Post
    The biggest question of them all is still and will always be: WHEN DO WE FIGHT AMAN'THUL?

I'm confused, that no one brings that up regularly... cause after the fight vs. Murozond in Endtime, it is very clear, that he will become corrupted, and cause Aman'thul is one, if not the strongest entitity in whole WoW, that would be the biggest finale one could imagine. (From whom he could become corrupted is another question though)
    Surely not more powerful than Sargeras?

Wouldn't mind a continuation of the RTS genre for Warcraft... but the idea of a WoW2 is just stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Propheteu View Post
    I honestly believe there wont be a warcraft 4 or a wow 2. Because simply the lore has stretched on for so long and there is so much focus on the current time period in wow with burning legion focus on azeroth and the army of the light prophecy that it doesn't leave them any viable options. I think the best path for blizzard is to relaunch wc1-3 remastered and let wow play out its life span with expansions for the big plot involving the big bad's and once the subs hit a low numbers the 400k mark will see the game go on patch support but i wouldnt hold my breath for that day to come.

I believe with the talent they have now that we might see a new fantasy world emerge in say 5-10 years time. Heck they might just take diablo and make it into an mmorpg as its rich in low and charaters already. But with 12 years of mmorpg experience behind them with all the lessons they have learned with wow that im sure it will be a huge success.
    I agree that a Diablo MMO could potentially be extremely awesome

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Wouldn't mind a continuation of the RTS genre for Warcraft... but the idea of a WoW2 is just stupid.
    Why is the idea of wow 2 stupid?

WC4 for sure with some spin off story, WoW2 is pointless as they can just upgrade graphics each expansion and continue story and on top of that i would hate more "realistic" wow look.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desparil View Post
    WC4 for sure with some spin off story, WoW2 is pointless as they can just upgrade graphics each expansion and continue story and on top of that i would hate more "realistic" wow look.
    Its not pointless for those of us who would like a more realistic looking wow

Updating the wow graphics between each expansion is pretty minor because its the same engine. The wow graphics to me after so long is starting to make me loose immersion in the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Why would you prefer that?
    I have a hard time imagining how they could use lore from post-Wow. It is my belief that it would be too challenging to create an engaging plot with the current state of the lore. I'm not saying it's impossible; but considering how many games receive the "remake" treatment and that the movies, if successful, will continue to go forward, I think it'd be a safe bet.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    I have a hard time imagining how they could use lore from post-Wow. It is my belief that it would be too challenging to create an engaging plot with the current state of the lore. I'm not saying it's impossible; but considering how many games receive the "remake" treatment and that the movies, if successful, will continue to go forward, I think it'd be a safe bet.
    The lore of world of warcraft has only gotte nmore solid over time. It used to be a really really big mess back in vanilla. No explanation of why half the people where doing what they where doing and so forth.

They did change a lot but i see that as a good thing. They are starting to really get the lore to come together with chronicles and the many new lore books.

Its not pointless for those of us who would like a more realistic looking wow

Updating the wow graphics between each expansion is pretty minor because its the same engine. The wow graphics to me after so long is starting to make me loose immersion in the game
    Well knowing blizzard wow2 would be same cartoonish style with higher poly count and some fancy special effects, i highly doubt they would ever go realism route which again makes wow2 pointless since we are getting there in 1-2 expansions anyway. But yea i understand that some people like realistic graphics for immersion sake i just think wow is never getting there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desparil View Post
    Well knowing blizzard wow2 would be same cartoonish style with higher poly count and some fancy special effects, i highly doubt they would ever go realism route which again makes wow2 pointless since we are getting there in 1-2 expansions anyway. But yea i understand that some people like realistic graphics for immersion sake i just think wow is never getting there.
    I'm not talking full on realism but look at some of the videos of elwyn forrest remade in the Unreal 4 engine. They give so much more immersion then current wow does.

Just for the sake of argument. Why couldnt these things be discovered in wow 2?
    1. If wow2 did happen, then we'd have to see ALL of the prev wow expansions for a second time.

2. Legion is already prepping for these answers.

3. ....Why end WoW now at around 1/3rd the way through...lol. Kind of defeats the purpose of having 1 put together storyline. Why would we need 2 seperate ones?