Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lel, ONR. As if anyone takes them seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Because Europe was in a constant state of war Pre-EU

Because there have been no wars in Europe Post-EU
    Look at all the times they said neither of these things in what you quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Without the guiding light of Mother Merkel we all know Hitler will awaken from his deathless slumber within his prison tomb beneath Brussels, and then WW2 ... PART 2, THE REVENGENCING will begin.
    I'll never understand your hard-on with creating Hitler-related straw-men whenever you hear "EU". Is it an involuntary response?

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Why the fuck would you be proud of giving up your soverignty?
    It may come off as a shock to you (why the fuck, I do not know), but EU states are still sovereign.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    It isnt that bad, we just have problem with one emotionally crippled midget.
    And a birch crippled clown. And constitutionally crippled president. And legally crippled minister of justice. Quite a lot of cripples actually. Then again they are all puppets of the midget. There are already talks from PiS itself that the midget is going to have the government changed in few months because some of the puppets don't bend exactly the way he wants them to when he shoves his tiny hands up their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Interesting times ahead. Poland will be a very Powerful force in Europe.
    Next to leave EU after the British I reckon

From Stratfor.com

[I]According to Stratfor, Poland has had impressive economic and political growth in recent years.

The eastern European state will not only continue such growth but will emerge as a key player as it diversifies its trade relationships.

Such a move will be bad news for Russia as Poland is predicted to come out as the leader of an anti-Russia coalition that would, significantly, include Romania during the first half of this decade, Stratfor state.
    I highly doubt Stratfor predicted the circus show that is currently happening in Poland (I know the article is somewhat recent, but the predictions for Poland are the same as from few years ago). The only things in store for it for the foreseeable future is impressive failure all around. And Poland is more likely to be kicked out of the EU than to leave on its own. There's zero political will for that despite being treated as a leper right now, and it benefits too much from being in the EU. And how would they regain territories lost to Russia? By carving up Ukraine and Belarus? That makes little sense. Also, how do you "significantly include" Romania?

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Have you ever wondered why Koenisburg is now nammed Kaliningrad and how the Silesia that Frederic II fought for is now in Poland, like how Dantzig is now Gdansk ?

Hint : that's related to German rabid jingoism.
    Eh, Silesia has been swapped around between Poland, Bohemia and Germany quite a bit. But they are in Poland now because in the end they voted that way. And Gdańsk was Gdańsk instead of Danzig for most of the time. Not German prior to WWII.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigtyr View Post
    Working together in a peaceful union is not the same as the current EU.

The official language is French because well you know, they're French, they get massive butthurt if not. It's the same reason the parliament moves to Strassburg every month spending hundreds of millions just because the French don't want to give Bruxelles all the credits.
    If the EU can't even agree to make English the official language and to settle on just one capital, how are we supposed to take them seriously on serious matters? I'm not against a EU but I am against this EU.
    I definitely agree that the traveling circus ought to end, but the EU has 24 official languages and the french language has seen a rather massive decline in relevance since the eastern states joined (being gradually displaced by english and german), and that trend is set to continue. I'm not sure if that's still an issue.

Well, I doubt the EU will miss Poland all that much.
    Russia will be super happy though. Free "stuff" is nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Ukraine will never be part of the EU. That would be like Russia itself joining it.

The WWs started because of alliances. Austria started the war, then Russia declared war on Austria, so Germany was obliged to help Austria. WW2 because UK/France was allied with Poland. Germany would have left France and UK alone if they hadn't joined in for Poland.
    Austria was handling an internal affair when Russia stuck its nose into it.
    Had France advanced into Germany while Germany was advancing into Poland, WWII would have been over in 1939.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Have you ever wondered why Koenisburg is now nammed Kaliningrad and how the Silesia that Frederic II fought for is now in Poland, like how Dantzig is now Gdansk ?

Hint : that's related to German rabid jingoism.
    Gdansk was Polish in the beginning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Austria was handling an internal affair when Russia stuck its nose into it.
    Had France advanced into Germany while Germany was advancing into Poland, WWII would have been over in 1939.

- - - Updated - - -

Gdansk was Polish in the beginning.
    Austria openly declared war on Serbia, hardly an internal matter at that point. Danzig was created by the Germans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rumford View Post
    I definitely agree that the traveling circus ought to end, but the EU has 24 official languages and the french language has seen a rather massive decline in relevance since the eastern states joined (being gradually displaced by english and german), and that trend is set to continue. I'm not sure if that's still an issue.
    Would be an irony if German were to be made the official language of the EU in the end, considering that half the world fought to prevent that from happening 75 years ago. :P

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2016-05-11 at 08:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Austria openly declared war on Serbia, hardly an internal matter at that point. Danzig was created by the Germans.

- - - Updated - - -

Would be an irony if German were to be made the official language of the EU in the end, considering that half the world fought to prevent that from happening 75 years ago. :P
    It was an internal affair between A-H and Germany concerning the issue of Serbians acting against A-H and killing the Arch Duke.

Gdansk was created by Poles in the late 900s, Brandenburg didnt take it until 1308.

Deleted
    It was an internal affair between A-H and Germany concerning the issue of Serbians acting against A-H and killing the Arch Duke.

Gdansk was created by Poles in the late 900s, Brandenburg didnt take it until 1308.
    Killing that Arch Duke was no valid justification to declare war on Serbia, and since Russia was allied with Serbia, they acted, which pulled Germany into it. In the end Germany was the only one getting punished for the entire thing for having done nothing wrong.

Killing that Arch Duke was no valid justification to declare war on Serbia, and since Russia was allied with Serbia, they acted, which pulled Germany into it. In the end Germany was the only one getting punished for the entire thing for having done nothing wrong.
    Killing the heir to the throne was such a perfect casus belli in the monarchic Europe of 1914 that Russia would have likely absolved Austria (or at least turned a blind eye) if Austria had moved fast...which was impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Debatable on the Duke, but it does show how Russia is responsible for WWI not just being a minor pounding of the Serbs.

Dont let the door hit you on the way out with abit of luck they'd take romania and bulgaria with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Except for failed diplomacy and terrible "expert" advice from Moltke.

Poland is a country that people SHOULD have a lot of sympathy given all the bullshit they've had to endure through history, but they seem dead set on blowing through all that goodwill by acting like massive douchebags over essentially a nothing issue. The refugees are not banging at the gates trying to force their way into Poland, the fact that they are so vocal about protecting a culture that no outsider has ANY interest in infiltrating is beyond embarrassing. Get your shit together Poland, you can be better.

The EU is a terrible idea. Once you put your country into a group like that you fuck your sovereign rights.

The UN is going to be a big big problem sooner or later too. They have already grown beyond what it should be

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post
    Not going to happen.
    Polish president, prime minister, ruling party and its leader, Jaroslaw Kaczynski plus the vast majority of other parties are in favor of Poland staying in the EU. Plus, as far as I know, the majority of Polish people don't want to leave EU too.
    If the UK opts to leave the EU in July then the leech countries like Poland will have less blood to feed on. That in turn will see the the other feeder countries like Germany/France get more fed up with supporting the leech countries who in turn will become fed up with less countries to feed on. The EU bureaucrats can bang on all day that Britain is only one of 28 countries but it is also one of the most important and it's loss would be highly detrimental to the EU's future/viability.

Polexist Polish Nazis think they are Britain...
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-05-05 at 09:11 AM.

Top of "History of Gdańsk" page on Wikipedia:
    Gdańsk (/ɡəˈdænsk/ or /ɡəˈdɑːnsk/; Polish: [ˈɡdaɲsk]; Kashubian: Gduńsk; German: Danzig) is one of the oldest cities in Poland. Founded by the Polish ruler Mieszko I in the 10th century, the city was for a long time part of Piast state either directly or as a fief.

Brandenburg wasn't the one that took it, Teutonic Order was. For ~150 years. Then it was Polish again till second partition. Remained with Prussia/German Empire till post-WWI when it became a free city (with a short period of being a free city during the Napoleonic Wars as well), annexed by Third Reich during WWII, then Polish again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    I just logged after few months to say: this thread is stupid as hell. Last news: 85% of Poles want to be part of EU, 10% sceptical. So please tell me when we will decide to leave EU because i dont see it in near future. Posting some video from Russia Today, they are known as very profesional etc... Seriously stop spreading bs in net. Poland won't leave EU. PIS is disaster but they were acting as centre right party during campaign and tricked many voters. Minister of Defence or Minister of Justice were received as bad jokes even by PIS fans. So stop making some stupid propaganda here. You got Hungary country which is soft autocracy and you complain about Poland, we are far from this. And lesson will be learned after 4 years of PIS.

Congratulations to Poland their country is being lead by people that actually care about them rather than some "progressive" mess.'

Edit: Didn't the new Polish PM endores Turkey and it's wish to enter the EU? They're trying to crash the train
    Last edited by Jingoism; 2016-05-05 at 05:30 PM.
    Working on my next ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    The EU is a terrible idea. Once you put your country into a group like that you fuck your sovereign rights.

The UN is going to be a big big problem sooner or later too. They have already grown beyond what it should be
    Oh yes, because being a reichkomissariat is such an improvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure the members of the radical political party are very well-informed about Europe and its function(ing) as a whole and didn't make their decision based on gut feelings.