Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Because it sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Elderahn View Post
    The current fury warrior artifact being a creation of the initial prime designate of Azeroth (Odyn, as described in the Chronicles vol. 1) probably makes it one of the single nastiest pieces of kit you could ever hope to wield. This is a line towards tying us together with the now properly defined origination storyline for the WoW mythos, it's a way better world building exercise than just giving us Varian's swords would ever have been.
    But this is something relevant after Chronicles. Ashbringer and Doomhammer lore are in the game since forever...
    We will never feel the same about this new weapon...

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause there's nothing epic about a sword that was misteriously found in Jaina's closet collecting dust (It looks really nice though)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Its never stated anywhere that those swords do not require you to have a split personality in order to be able to split it in the first place.
    I'm sorry... What?

That's a poor way to dismiss someone else opinion, and yes you did, you basically said that Ashbringer is an option cause it doesn't have that problem (that means that you're impling that it does have that problem)

Besides, we dont know for sure if Mr. Wrynn has died.
    You should have just said this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    But this is something relevant after Chronicles. Ashbringer and Doomhammer lore are in the game since forever...
    Actually... Doomhammer lore was basically expanded in WoD, before that, the Doomhammer was only known as a "cool" orchist weapon (wielded by heroes)

10+ Year Old Account
    What about Broxigar's axe for Arms?
    I thought Sargeras uses it as a toothpick

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The real answer is because what does death even mean in this world of resurrections, corpse runs and respawns? Varian will be right back using his swords next week, having paid his 10% durability fee.
    Zombie Varrian will be one of bosses in exp last raid!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    It's never stated anywhere that Garrosh is not a homosexual, therefore he is may be one. < Your logic
    I see nothing wrong with this logic. I mean, half of lore of WH40k is made up of these for players to be able to customize their armies
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Goldrinn. Why am I even discussing lore with someone who's clueless abou it? Sheesh.

Anyway OP, I still think we don't get the sword because Varian is not actually dead.
    Ohh shut it, why the hell should you make the weapens have a connection with Goldrinn? Varian was connected to Goldrinn, but that says nothing about the blades. Sure the blades was wielded by Night Elfs in the War of the Ancients, but under Varians possesion, they have not shown any special power other then their shadow/flame affliction. Don't challenge me when it comes to lore, since you obviously are making shit up just to make the blades seem more inportant then they really are.... Sheesh!
    Last edited by Flurryfang; 2016-05-05 at 05:40 PM.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Goldrinn. Why am I even discussing lore with someone who's clueless abou it? Sheesh.

Anyway OP, I still think we don't get the sword because Varian is not actually dead.
    I'm pretty sure he died, at least that Varian (In case we got the "got divided once again" shenanigans) but that doesn't mean he's going to stay that way for long

When they first announced these weapons I figured precisely that it would be 2H sword for Arms and split into the 2 parts for Fury.

I have no idea why they wouldn't have gone with that, I'd certainly pissed if I was maining warrior.

- - - Updated - - -

It's never stated anywhere that Garrosh is not a homosexual, therefore he is. < Your logic
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot

In future that link will make the same point :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Tirion dies and paladins get Ashbringer... Thrall retires and shamans get Doomhammer...
    But Varian dies and he takes his swords with him to the grave? Why?

Why give fury warriors a random new weapon as artifact, when you can give them a weapon that everyone knows and has been used by an important figure for a long time?
    because his not dead!

Quote Originally Posted by montana View Post
    because his not dead!
    They literally restored the park so they had a place to put his coffin. He's dead.

Deleted
    Exactly, lore has to start somewhere. You can't stand still in the same story and harp on the same chords. World building has to happen, and the deeper the world building goes the better we are for it.

To be perfectly honest my point of view is that the people who got Doomhammer and Ashbringer are the ones who got screwed, the less exposed artifacts have way more space to tell a story compared to the tale that has already been told.

It's not like we need to grave rob every interesting person. There is probably more than one interesting pair of swards in the game.

Deleted
    It wouldn't make much sense for the horde warriors to get them would it?

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Quite frankly the playerbase woulda cried "Omg rehashing weapons" if that was so. Ashbringer and Doomhammer needed to happen, they are just too iconic. Pretty sure 90% of the forum-goer warriors can't even name those swords, so. It was a fair compromise.
    You mean Shyalamane?

10+ Year Old Account
    They literally restored the park so they had a place to put his coffin. He's dead.
    No, it was just an imposter, real varian still rests at alcaz island in form of naga!
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    i would love it for a fact that it can be used for arms and fury, a 2hand sword that can break into 2
    The inner part of Varians Sword is a dagger.

I would wonder why Warriors don't get Gorehowl. I mean, Garrosh just threw it away, it's just sitting somewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    yeah but horde paladins who are running with a sword that is shaped like a giant L fr Lorderon is fine
    I don't think its fine at all. But thats Blizzard. Tyrion was a neutral character for some reason though. Varian wasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Quite frankly the playerbase woulda cried "Omg rehashing weapons" if that was so. Ashbringer and Doomhammer needed to happen, they are just too iconic. Pretty sure 90% of the forum-goer warriors can't even name those swords, so. It was a fair compromise.
    yeah, my buddy thought he could and i challenged him too... he said shandor and ashamane, while i just laughed maniacally off to the side.

shal'adore and ellamayne (spelling?) for those who didn't know

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    You mean Shyalamane?
    he meant the two parts of shalamayne
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

And mages will run around with felo'melorn, and hunters will have Thas'dorah both blood/ high elven weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    I would wonder why Warriors don't get Gorehowl. I mean, Garrosh just threw it away, it's just sitting somewhere.
    One of the fury skins is an axe shaped like gorehowl with a dragon skull glued on top
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg