10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    When looking up if the dancers blades are any decent I read that they end up shit in pvp because of how defense works. For each damage type it apparently goes through a flat reduction and then a % reduction, so having your damage split between types (like dancers blades having phys / magic and phys / fire) makes you do shit damage since both are separately going through the flat and % reduction where a pure physical weapon just goes through the flat reduction once.
    Plus you can't buff them with any resins or spells. I think the Drakeblood Greatsword has physical, magical, and fire which sounds awesome in theory, but gets boned by the mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    So guys, I just started with journey 2 under the assumption that it would be harder. But it isn't...

Am I missing something, or is starting a second journey pointless?
    Your powerlevel is exponentially higher than that of the enemies' boost. You might notice a difference later on, but probably not. The only other point of NG+ is to get a few different items and rings for the achievements. But unfortunately, as far as I am aware, enemy placement is the exact same which is kinda lame.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    So guys, I just started with journey 2 under the assumption that it would be harder. But it isn't...

Am I missing something, or is starting a second journey pointless?
    2 times enemy health 1.5x damage, one extra boss weapon and a couple of rings, thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    LIke DS3 but man it has some warts right now. It doesnt live up to its excellence of previous games atm. Poise has been a big issue with the community. PvP is in a bad place. NG+ really took a nose dive. It has too many BB twitchiness/spam in combat. Way too much DS1 influence.

Good game but not up to par of previous versions. It can get better with tweaking and work so I hope From works through it.
    PvP is rotten in this game.

I duel my son, were both in same room playing pc version, but there are so many wtf moments. Back stabbing people who are not even there? Back stabbing while facing each other, hits not registering, and the worst is people skiing around, you can't see when they are rolling, attacking, blocking - holy shit what a mess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    2 times enemy health 1.5x damage, one extra boss weapon and a couple of rings, thats it.
    Ah, I see. I still one shot enemies though. I might just start a new game with a whole new class. Maybe a caster this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    I gotta ask, why would you go 90 int? unless you have every other stat at 50.
    And if that isn't the case, that's right off 40 stat points you should be putting in faith or dex instead(Dex affects the speed on your casts)

Unless they changed it since the previous games, the stats soft caps at 40-50

EDIT: I'm hearing that stats soft-caps at 60 in DaS3, but it doesn't seem to be confirmed yet.
    I'm running a glass canon build essentially. Int/Faith scaling is really weird too. It's crappy until 50 of either, then it scales exponentially well up to 90. I'm at 85 base int with 90 with the +5 ring. I don't care if my casts are slow, I'd rather they hit harder than faster and it works out for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    PvP is rotten in this game.

I duel my son, were both in same room playing pc version, but there are so many wtf moments. Back stabbing people who are not even there? Back stabbing while facing each other, hits not registering, and the worst is people skiing around, you can't see when they are rolling, attacking, blocking - holy shit what a mess.
    I'd say 10-15% of my PvP experiences are what you describe. For the most part its pretty serviceable, but you definitely won't be seeing Dark Souls Dueling at any E-Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I'm running a glass canon build essentially. Int/Faith scaling is really weird too. It's crappy until 50 of either, then it scales exponentially well up to 90. I'm at 85 base int with 90 with the +5 ring. I don't care if my casts are slow, I'd rather they hit harder than faster and it works out for me.
    I am pretty sure the softcap is at 40-60, so i honestly doubt the "exponentially well" claim.
    If you are right, that's the first time i ever hear about it, or they changed the scaling for the first time in the souls/buttborne series.

Not trying to shit on your build or anything here, but if the softcap truly is at what it always have been, you are wasting so many points on putting them in int, when you could be putting them inn other stats instead.

I am pretty sure the softcap is at 40-60, so i honestly doubt the "exponentially well" claim.
    If you are right, that's the first time i ever hear about it, or they changed the scaling for the first time in the souls/buttborne series.

Not trying to shit on your build or anything here, but if the softcap truly is at what it always have been, you are wasting so many points on putting them in int, when you could be putting them inn other stats instead.
    Well at 50 int my heavy great soul arrow hit for 215 with a +5 sages crystal staff 2h with the power up. At 70 int it hit for 570. at 90 it hits for 1.5k There's some really wonky scaling going on.

A lot of people agree with the new scaling, apparently it's in place to prevent hybrids such as havelmages from being a thing again.

I've read the same in other places, that magic builds are useless until you hit X number that's basically an entry point and then they scale from there.

Basically they have their soft cap of 40 points, the problem is it only starts AFTER they hit a mandatory minimum.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people agree with the new scaling, apparently it's in place to prevent hybrids such as havelmages from being a thing again.
    Was that ever really a problem that needed to be solved? Certainly not in PvP, and for Pve...who cares, its a creative Battlemage Build that is the type of thing that should be encouraged.

It reminds me of the old-school tabletop D&D where Wizards sucked at low level and were fairly useless, but at high-level they were unparalleled. Its definitely a scaling issue that Dark Souls 3 has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Was that ever really a problem that needed to be solved? Certainly not in PvP, and for Pve...who cares, its a creative Battlemage Build that is the type of thing that should be encouraged.

It reminds me of the old-school tabletop D&D where Wizards sucked at low level and were fairly useless, but at high-level they were unparalleled. Its definitely a scaling issue that Dark Souls 3 has.
    Well it was a problem in DS2, but that was mainly because of soul memory and how high leveled everyone is. Now, with the cap looking like it's going to be 120 or 125 it's going to harm mages for PVP, but honestly pure mage wasn't that good in the first place. Hybrid mage has always been the way to go.

Honestly poise is killing diversity in PVP more than anything else. Straight Swords and Rapiers are so much better than everything else. UGS are also decent because if you land a hit you're pretty much guaranteed a second hit which could result in you just 2 shotting someone. Also it's harder to punish UGS's than in previous game.

So basically you go Straight Sword or Rapier or you go something really hard hitting and just stunlock someone to death. Anything in the middle like Greatswords, spears, axes, etc. are just worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post

Well the main problem is, when you went against a havelmage you pretty much were guaranteed to lose. I don't agree with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the main problem is, when you went against a havelmage you pretty much were guaranteed to lose. I don't agree with it.
    I never had an issue with HavelMages...HavelJesters were WAY more of an issue IMO.

A lot of that comes from Magic being moderately easy to avoid once you had the timing. I dueled mostly as a Mage build (my Fashion Souls of choice was the Throne Defender Armor) and used an Estoc, Blueflame Balde, or Moonlight Greatsword. I usually packed 4-6 spells and varied them up to keep people guessing, as well as having a few different Catalysts with different cast speeds and casting heights. I'd say about 10-15% of the normal PvPers could avoid every single one of my tricks, which means the fight turned away from Magic (and I typically lost). The other thing that would happen is that if I ended up seeing the same people, they would buff with Magic Shield and just block all of my damage. =/

So yeah, I NEVER encountered where a HavelMage was ever an issue. But maybe I just missed the window of that meta. People are coming up with new meta's all the time. Like how now everyone is rocking Heavy weapons for Hyper-Armor and Caestus's. First week it was all Rapiers and Dark Swords, now I rarely see someone with a Dark Sword or Rapier. I still see a decent amount rocking Gotthard's Twin Blades....which is the group I'm in right now (landing the L1, L2, R2 combo is SOOOOOO satisfying).

Those twinblades are my NG++ weapon, stagger souls initiate!

- - - Updated - - -

So i'm on my 3rd playthrough and finally noticed Andre infuses shields as well as weapons.

WEEEEELLLLLP.

Only raises stability and damage slightly though, afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So i'm on my 3rd playthrough and finally noticed Andre infuses shields as well as weapons.

WEEEEELLLLLP.
    Yeah I haven't figure out what to do with that since I hadn't been wearing a shield until I found out about this one that increases souls. I heard the hollow ones good if I go the luck bleed route since it gives me +luck with it just sitting on my back, but iono what else.

- - - Updated - - -

So I killed that dude near anri in irithyll and apparently that makes yuria hostile to me but I don't even have yuria yet so is she still gonna be hostile when she shows up? And if so is there a way to make her not hostile so I can progress her story?

woop, and the dude who gives me the hollow things is apparently dead now too... sigh. So I guess I can't even get yuria or hollowed now until ng+?
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-05-05 at 12:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    woop, and the dude who gives me the hollow things is apparently dead now too... sigh. So I guess I can't even get yuria or hollowed now until ng+?[/spoiler]
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Yup.
    weeeeeell that's dandy. What I get for trying to help a brotha out.

Also just started pontif sul and this is fun. First boss fight that's taken me more than 4 pulls, bout damn time.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I killed that dude near anri in irithyll and apparently that makes yuria hostile to me but I don't even have yuria yet so is she still gonna be hostile when she shows up? And if so is there a way to make her not hostile so I can progress her story?

woop, and the dude who gives me the hollow things is apparently dead now too... sigh. So I guess I can't even get yuria or hollowed now until ng+?
    Yeah, if you want to keep Anri alive, you want to get all of your hollow levels and anything that you may have wanted from Yuria before talking to Anri in Irithyll.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Yeah, if you want to keep Anri alive, you want to get all of your hollow levels and anything that you may have wanted from Yuria before talking to Anri in Irithyll.
    Yeah I didn't know if hollowing blocks me from a questline or something so I put it off then heard that that dude was an assassin and was like NAH ANRI'S MA BOI and then yeah...