Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Black temple?

I doubt that was ever planned to be anything except part of the intro cinematic.
    Sounded more like it would be partially what you play through.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Black temple?

I doubt that was ever planned to be anything except part of the intro cinematic.
    The First Part of the DH Intro IS in. It's Mardum. The "Black Temple" part is covered in the novel so... *sold separately*

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    The First Part of the DH Intro IS in. It's Mardum. The "Black Temple" part is covered in the novel so... *sold separately*
    To be fair, there's also a placeholder for a cinematic showing the events that occur between Demon Hunters jump through the portal back to the Black Temple, and being awoken by Maiev in the Vault of the Wardens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    it will be the shortest alpha, but saying they're delaying beta because of people whining online is beyond idiotic
    I didn't -really- mean that, it was more a joke. Blizzard doesn't care enough about people whining about the game to delay their beta for it, however they definitely don't care whether it's alpha or beta, that's for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the rep venders in yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Are the rep venders in yet?
    I saw at least one of them. Mostly toys and high end profession recipes.

yes that's exactly the reason blizzard obviously cares that some people on the internet whine about it being called alpha and thats why they've delayed the beta launch.

Sigh
    it

was

a

joke
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I didn't -really- mean that, it was more a joke. Blizzard doesn't care enough about people whining about the game to delay their beta for it, however they definitely don't care whether it's alpha or beta, that's for sure.
    Blizzard just went back to using correct terminology for beta/alpha. That's the whole point. the only thing that changed is NDA and the number of players invited. Everything else went back to how it's supposed to be

Blizzard just went back to using correct terminology for beta/alpha. That's the whole point. the only thing that changed is NDA and the number of players invited. Everything else went back to how it's supposed to be
    No it isn't. The original distinction between alpha & beta testing is if people outside the production team, or employees of the larger company, are testing the product, which they are, it isn't an alpha anymore; It's a beta.

No it isn't. The original distinction between alpha & beta testing is if people outside the production team, or employees of the larger company, are testing the product, which they are, it isn't an alpha anymore; It's a beta.
    alpha= features incomplete

beta= features complete.

These are the biggest ones

alpha= features incomplete

beta= features complete.

By that (wrong) definition, half the WoW expansions never made it to beta because they all had planned features that were never completed. They were pissing around with artifacts since WotLK: Path of the Titans anyone?

Yes - but that is referring to 'programming feature complete'....

The main reason we are in beta already and have been for some time is :

- - - Updated - - -

Everything else went back to how it's supposed to be
    Well, apart from them calling the Beta 'Alpha'....

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

By that (wrong) definition, half the WoW expansions never made it to beta because they all had planned features that were never completed. They were pissing around with artifacts since WotLK: Path of the Titans anyone?
    features that go into the final game, I mean. hint:

Alpha software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss. Alpha software may not contain all of the features that are planned for the final version. In general, external availability of alpha software is uncommon in proprietary software, while open source software often has publicly available alpha versions. The alpha phase usually ends with a feature freeze, indicating that no more features will be added to the software. At this time, the software is said to be feature complete.

eta phase generally begins when the software is feature complete but likely to contain a number of known or unknown bugs

a simple google search. The only difference is the number of people invited and that its external testing. What matters most is being feature complete. Once that happens, beta will launch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yes - but that is referring to 'programming feature complete'....

The main reason we are in beta already and have been for some time is :

- - - Updated - - -

Well, apart from them calling the Beta 'Alpha'....
    lol? BTW, betas ARE feature complete. That's the main point. Saying this is beta because there is external testing is stupid.

nevertheless, when blizzard says BETA launches, that's when beta starts. It's blizzard's products, its their testing, and they get to call it WHATEVER they want. Thus, beta hasn't launched. Trying to come up with lame excuses like "oh it's called beta servers or the ex is called beta servers" is stupid.

I swear if I had a dollar for every time this damn "is it alpha or beta?" discussion happened I'd be swimming in pools of money lined with solid gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    I swear if I had a dollar for every time this damn "is it alpha or beta?" discussion happened I'd be swimming in pools of money lined with solid gold.
    it's quite simple. Blizzard said beta still hasn't launched, that means it didnt. Other people wanna forget that and call it beta anyhow because they dont want others to say their favorite company is slow at developing.

lol? BTW, betas ARE feature complete. That's the main point. Saying this is beta because there is external testing is stupid.
    If you think definitions of things and facts are stupid - then fine, doesn't change the facts and definitions though dude.

- - - Updated - - -

The silly thing is that the definitions are quite clear, it is also clear that Blizzard can name the beta what ever they damn well please.

The main issue here is that people are mixing up what it is called (Alpha) with what it is (Beta).

If you call a dog Felix, it doesn't become a cat ....

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

it's quite simple. Blizzard said beta still hasn't launched, that means it didnt. Other people wanna forget that and call it beta anyhow because they dont want others to say their favorite company is slow at developing.
    Gurl you're barking up the wrong tree. I really don't care what it's called.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If you think definitions of things and facts are stupid - then fine, doesn't change the facts and definitions though dude.

- - - Updated - - -

The silly thing is that the definitions are quite clear, it is also clear that Blizzard can name the beta what ever they damn well please.

The main issue here is that people are mixing up what it is called (Alpha) with what it is (Beta).

If you call a dog Felix, it doesn't become a cat ....
    And you. Don't try to pretend like you're innocent. You're the one perpetuating it every week. It's even in your signature. We get it. If WoWhead can find things to write multiple articles on each week, I'm pretty sure this thread can stop going back to the same topic over and over again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Those 700 items are so shit for PvE you would be better off doing Mythic Dungeons in your Questing Blues or SoO Mythic Gear.
    I'll break into that Alpha vs Beta to confirm what Theroguetitan said - PVP items have the exact same stats per ilvl as HFC off-pieces. The only differences between HFC gear and PVP gear are trinks and sets.

I actually checked it for both armor and weapons, yep, same stat budgets.

We get it.
    Apparently not....

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You should really count how many times you've jumped on people talking about this, using the exact same phrases like a broken record. It wouldn't surprise me if like 20-25% of the posts on this were from you...
    this is correct. i've basically assigned his name with "THIS IS BETA". I even knew he'd respond.