Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Cliche or is fucking inevitable if a guy knows a girl long enough?

I watch and read a wide range of fiction and this always gets me. Childhood friends to initial gestures of mere friendship, it's so common a male character will inevitably get romantically involved with a female in a story. It's rare I see the guy get rejected outright I want to ask how it is in reality. If a man knows a woman long enough, has it been statistically proven that they can just remain friends? Do you have any experience with this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course but I do think at some point or another you will develop some feelings but at that point you take a step back and ask yourself if its worth it to pursue it, it ends badly and you lost a good friend or never pursue and just stay friends. Or you can be like me and just do a FWB type deal instead of trying to date one another but even thats a fine line to walk separating sex from feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    I watch and read a wide range of fiction and this always gets me. Childhood friends to initial gestures of mere friendship, it's so common a male character will inevitably get romantically involved with a female in a story. It's rare I see the guy get rejected outright I want to ask how it is in reality. If a man knows a woman long enough, has it been statistically proven that they can just remain friends? Do you have any experience with this?
    If there is an imbalance of sexual attractiveness, mostly from the woman's point of view, men and woman can be just friends.

Otherwise, but on some Barry White, pour some Courvoisier, light some candles and break out the handcuffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    If there is an imbalance of sexual attractiveness, mostly from the woman's point of view, men and woman can be just friends.

Otherwise, but on some Barry White, pour some Courvoisier, light some candles and break out the handcuffs.
    This tho if you're an ugly sob don't even bother

Known my sister and my mother for a long ass time now and we never had freaky kinky fucking.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Deleted
    The longer you know someone and the better you actually get to know them, the less you want to have sex with them, in almost every single case.

Speaking as a woman, I have more than a few guy friends I've know most my life. Sex will never happen. There has never been any chemistry between us, and never will be.

When I first met my husband, the chemistry for both of us was instantaneous.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    Speaking as a woman, I have more than a few guy friends I've know most my life. Sex will never happen. There has never been any chemistry between us, and never will be.

It's still a safe bet that those guy friends would still be open to laying that pipe down on you, with Barry White playing in the background and a trail of clothing towards the bed.

You wait until you're both liquored up and a "mistake" happens that you'll never speak of again.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Personal experience, it gets weird after awhile unless the person is good friends with my wife. It gets a little boring having the same conversation with multiple women that no, I'm not attracted to them and don't know why they thought that.

No idea about statistics. I can't find anything with good methods that wasn't obviously researched and published for mass consumption rather than for further study.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    You wait until you're both liquored up and a "mistake" happens that you'll never speak of again.
    Bad advice.

With the influence of the Feminist WAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!, you will more likely be branded as a rapist because they believe if there are two equally drunk adults, the man can still consent and be responsible for his actions, but the women can never consent and never be responsible for their actions, hence it was rape committed by the man.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He can.

But it comes at the cost of his self respect self esteem etc.

That's why it's better to take everything or nothing at one point. Preferably sooner than late.r

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    The longer you know someone and the better you actually get to know them, the less you want to have sex with them, in almost every single case.
    Applies to marriages too.

hm maybe but most of the time it would be a drunk adventure that at least 1 side will always regret - unless you plan to invest int relationship its usualy not worth the hassle and repercussions after - whenever i read a question like this i always think there is 1 side of such friend relationship who in fact want something more out of it but have no balls to try it and seek excuses just to not get burned if the other side will "friend zone" them forever and prefer to live in delusion that maybe one day something may happen if they wait long enough

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Every one of those friends would lay it down the moment you make it known that you'd like to.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Every one of those friends would lay it down the moment you make it known that you'd like to.
    Funny, My husband says the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instant rejection doesn't make for a good story. That's pretty much all there is to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

wait is this a tsundere thread or a rapist thread

cuse i have replies for both

Deleted
    Funny, My husband says the same thing.
    Because its the truth, your husband is a wise man.