Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    Yeah, it's a pseudo gating mechanic though, which I stated further down in the post, corrected now.
    No, there is no "pseudo-gating" either. There is no such thing as pseudo-gating, gating is binary.

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Just replying on a post from dzidek saying you will unlock your second artifact at lvl110,(I dont know what it is, that is why I asked, and he was the only one that replied) so instead of just giving a retarded reply, why not give the correct answer then?
    Retarded would be reading a single comment, accepting it as truth, and proceeding to whine about it like a petulant child. I gave the correct answer, if you want more detail then you should have asked instead of acting like an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, there is no "pseudo-gating" either. There is no such thing as pseudo-gating, gating is binary.
    The pseudo does not describe the gating it just means that the mechanic is gating-like, but in reality isn't due to the obvious circumstances you presented. Pacing is another word for it, which I probably could've used, but I believe pseudo-gating is a better way of presenting it as something that functions like a gating mechanic in the way that it keeps people from progressing to fast, but doesn't have the clear staggering feeling that gating has.

Eitherway this discussion is over, wheter or not it's the correct word to use it should still be perfectly understandable. If not I will assume you argue just for the sake of arguing.

As a pvp player this is horrifying. I could become completely irrelevant with any patch. Think of all the specs that become top tier then are garbage next patch. Really worried about this.

Quote Originally Posted by molvtv View Post
    As a pvp player this is horrifying. I could become completely irrelevant with any patch. Think of all the specs that become top tier then are garbage next patch. Really worried about this.
    You say that like you were relevant to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolved View Post
    You say that like you were relevant to begin with.
    zing
    glad one time.
    high warlord rbgs

but hey, who cares. Most everyone with those titles cheated to get them anyway.

about PvP: did Blizz make any clear statement on whether or not the artifact traits will be active in rated PvP?
    I think there was something about legendaries and Artifact traits being deactivated. Could be wrong though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    about PvP: did Blizz make any clear statement on whether or not the artifact traits will be active in rated PvP?
    I think there was something about legendaries and Artifact traits being deactivated. Could be wrong though
    Yes, they did, and yes, they will be. They're considering disabling relics, not traits.

The pseudo does not describe the gating it just means that the mechanic is gating-like, but in reality isn't due to the obvious circumstances you presented. Pacing is another word for it, which I probably could've used, but I believe pseudo-gating is a better way of presenting it as something that functions like a gating mechanic in the way that it keeps people from progressing to fast, but doesn't have the clear staggering feeling that gating has.
    Pacing is pacing, not pseudo-gating. You're obscuring the meaning, not clarifying. A gating mechanic does not prevent you from progressing to fast, it prevents you from progressing at all until some pre-defined requirement is met.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    What grindfest are you talking about? You will get Artifact Power for literally everything. Doing a random bg, doing a random hc, questing, every single fucking activity in the game will award AP.

Also, Blizz said that there will be a catch-up mechanism for it. Even your second artifact weapon for the same character will receive a bonus.
    the problem is that players will find the most efficient way to gain artifact power and then they will feel "forced" to do that activity. It is exactly what happened with champion points in ESO...you could get champion points from doing anything...but people found out that the best way is to duo grind mobs in a cave..

guess what? People complained that the endgame was just "grinding in a cave" because this is what they felt they should be doing... then they burnt out and quit and continue to complain that the game "forced" you to duo grind mobs..

You have no idea how people can transform a nice system, with variety into a narrowed boring one.. I hope Blizzard will tune it right, so there is no clear best way to get artifact power...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Retarded would be reading a single comment, accepting it as truth, and proceeding to whine about it like a petulant child. I gave the correct answer, if you want more detail then you should have asked instead of acting like an ass.
    I did ask TWICE, since you cant read, just thought I would tell you. Only one person bothered to reply, so yea I took his answer. You made two pissy comments yet in none of them you gave the correct answer (according to your knowledge or lack of knowledge) , wich leads me to conclude that you are just here to troll, so kindly go troll somewhere else......

Quote Originally Posted by justinhalfout View Post
    Main is a mage and I decide to level as frost,turns out though Arcane is the best dps spec for my raid and so I have to go out and grind boars to level up my Arcane artifact from scratch,next tier Fire is my best raid spec so I have to go out yet again and grind boars to level that artifact from scratch.

The possibility of the above scenario is what concerns me the most regarding artifact weapons since no real info has been provided yet as to how offspecs will be managed.
    I want to re roll in legion. Being a retri, I am sick of people saying "lol retri? No thanks". Taking the above into consideration, I want to stay in a class with one dps spec and a tank spec. Only other class bedside paladin is DH or monk!

If they had it for example, 50% of your artifact power is saved for another artifact, I would be happy enough going onto a class like a warlock or Mage, but without some artifact catchup mechanic, I will stick to the type of classes I mentioned above.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    the problem is that players will find the most efficient way to gain artifact power and then they will feel "forced" to do that activity. It is exactly what happened with champion points in ESO...you could get champion points from doing anything...but people found out that the best way is to duo grind mobs in a cave..

guess what? People complained that the endgame was just "grinding in a cave" because this is what they felt they should be doing... then they burnt out and quit and continue to complain that the game "forced" you to duo grind mobs..

You have no idea how people can transform a nice system, with variety into a narrowed boring one.. I hope Blizzard will tune it right, so there is no clear best way to get artifact power...
    I agree with this, my main problem is the lack of information on how fast we can level a secondary spec artifact. I am a DPS and a backup tank for my guild. I feel this artifact system will hurt players like me a lot if it is too slow. then again, my whining is coming more so from the lack of knowledge.

Another question, because of this, do any of think this expansion will be alt friendly then?

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    I want to re roll in legion. Being a retri, I am sick of people saying "lol retri? No thanks". Taking the above into consideration, I want to stay in a class with one dps spec and a tank spec. Only other class bedside paladin is DH or monk!

If they had it for example, 50% of your artifact power is saved for another artifact, I would be happy enough going onto a class like a warlock or Mage, but without some artifact catchup mechanic, I will stick to the type of classes I mentioned above.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with this, my main problem is the lack of information on how fast we can level a secondary spec artifact. I am a DPS and a backup tank for my guild. I feel this artifact system will hurt players like me a lot if it is too slow. then again, my whining is coming more so from the lack of knowledge.

Another question, because of this, do any of think this expansion will be alt friendly then?
    we've had enough information on how fast we can level our secondary artifact, and it is also implemented into the alpha, what are you on about?

"Max-level players in this build may notice an important new Artifact feature. The researcher/scribe NPC in your Class Hall will offer you a quest to retrieve a set of tomes from around the world. Once these are recovered, you can instruct your researcher to work on deciphering these tomes. Each step of research will require some Order Resources (which are primarily obtained through World Quests), and will grant increased "Artifact Knowledge."

Increasing Artifact Knowledge permanently increases your rate of Artifact Power gains, and this bonus applies to all artifact weapons your character may possess. (And no, Artifact Power items obtained at a lower Knowledge level won't automatically update, so hoarding items for future use won't benefit you.) This system is key to the pacing of overall artifact progression, and to making it easier for players to maintain multiple artifacts if they so desire. For example, at Knowledge Level 7, you would be earning Artifact Power at over triple the base rate. Thus, if you wanted to switch to a spec you hadn't yet tried at that point, you'd find yourself very quickly able to get that artifact up to par with your primary one.

As your scribes progress through their translation and research, you will fill in pages of a great tome in your Class Hall that provides more backstory and information about your artifact (this is not yet fully hooked up for some classes). Finally, in the live game, the speed at which your researchers can work will increase as the expansion progresses, allowing latecomers or alts to catch up on their artifact progress.

The tuning of the experience and Knowledge curves is still in flux.

Does this apply to leveling quest artifact power gains as well as those, atm, give by far best artifact power gains. Right now I see myself avoiding every quest that gives AP tokens until like 2-3 weeks in and getting a massive amount of AP.
    A number of non-repeatable sources of power will not be affected by Knowledge for this exact reason - notably level-up quests and treasures. The goal here is a system where the right way to play is to just... do stuff that you enjoy, accruing Artifact Power along the way."
    Last edited by theburned; 2016-05-05 at 09:03 AM.

we've had enough information on how fast we can level our secondary artifact, and it is also implemented into the alpha, what are you on about?

"Max-level players in this build may notice an important new Artifact feature. The researcher/scribe NPC in your Class Hall will offer you a quest to retrieve a set of tomes from around the world. Once these are recovered, you can instruct your researcher to work on deciphering these tomes. Each step of research will require some Order Resources (which are primarily obtained through World Quests), and will grant increased "Artifact Knowledge."

Increasing Artifact Knowledge permanently increases your rate of Artifact Power gains, and this bonus applies to all artifact weapons your character may possess. (And no, Artifact Power items obtained at a lower Knowledge level won't automatically update, so hoarding items for future use won't benefit you.) This system is key to the pacing of overall artifact progression, and to making it easier for players to maintain multiple artifacts if they so desire. For example, at Knowledge Level 7, you would be earning Artifact Power at over triple the base rate. Thus, if you wanted to switch to a spec you hadn't yet tried at that point, you'd find yourself very quickly able to get that artifact up to par with your primary one.

As your scribes progress through their translation and research, you will fill in pages of a great tome in your Class Hall that provides more backstory and information about your artifact (this is not yet fully hooked up for some classes). Finally, in the live game, the speed at which your researchers can work will increase as the expansion progresses, allowing latecomers or alts to catch up on their artifact progress.

The tuning of the experience and Knowledge curves is still in flux.

Does this apply to leveling quest artifact power gains as well as those, atm, give by far best artifact power gains. Right now I see myself avoiding every quest that gives AP tokens until like 2-3 weeks in and getting a massive amount of AP.
    A number of non-repeatable sources of power will not be affected by Knowledge for this exact reason - notably level-up quests and treasures. The goal here is a system where the right way to play is to just... do stuff that you enjoy, accruing Artifact Power along the way."
    I love this site! People half read the statement and then answer it! You missed the point. Since it is new information, and only new to the alpha, we do not know how high this can scale or timeframe that blizzard would like to aim for that is an acceptable time for secondary artifacts or alts (if alts even get a boost). But thanks for the copy paste from the front page. I too know how to read it!

If I am wrong, and we do already know what the timeframe or a scale would be, I would love to know!
    Last edited by Soikona; 2016-05-05 at 09:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

You can play warrior or druid aswell..... also dps and tank spec.

You can play warrior or druid aswell..... also dps and tank spec.
    I could, but they have two DPS specs and to feel competitive I would feel like I have to have all the DPS specs artifacts maxed (since I am primary a DPS but I am a backup tank and I would tank dungeons for fast queue). You know because blizz just swings that nerf bat randomly. Would still mean levelling three artifacts. I more meant a class with just one DPS spec and a tank spec. Like a paladin, DH or monk. Think those are the only ones, unless I missed something.

I could, but they have two DPS specs and to feel competitive I would feel like I have to have all the DPS specs artifacts maxed (since I am primary a DPS but I am a backup tank and I would tank dungeons for fast queue). You know because blizz just swings that nerf bat randomly. Would still mean levelling three artifacts. I more meant a class with just one DPS spec and a tank spec. Like a paladin, DH or monk. Think those are the only ones, unless I missed something.
    Warrior, ok, but Druid has a ranged and a melee spec. Those are completely different situations, and you often can't easily replace one with the other any more than you can replace them with a tank or healer.

I did ask TWICE, since you cant read, just thought I would tell you. Only one person bothered to reply, so yea I took his answer. You made two pissy comments yet in none of them you gave the correct answer (according to your knowledge or lack of knowledge) , wich leads me to conclude that you are just here to troll, so kindly go troll somewhere else......
    All I said was "No you dont" (which is the correct answer) and you're the one who fired back with a bunch of inane non sense about how "retarded" that response was -- not sure how that makes me the troll but I will go do it somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    If people haven't read on Artifact Knowledge already they should. It basically allows you to get artifact power alot faster for ALL your weapons and since the trait costs increase exponentially, the offspec artifacts will be alot easier to get to max.

http://www.wowhead.com/bluetracker?t...3#207415976650
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

I hope Blizz will really speed up the catch up rate. It's especially necessary for druids since they have 4 artifacts.