Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Precedent means nothing when they changed their philosophy after the Gamecube. They went from caring about directly competing with graphics to believing graphics don't matter, fun gameplay does instead on the Wii.

Oh geez, for the 2nd time already, I didn't mean the analog stick wasn't innovative, I was poking holes in the fact of you thinking the analog stick was more innovative than motion control, which you still fell back on "Well, someone would of done it anyway!", which yeah, so? Someone would of made analog sticks too.

...or because it failed for them and succeeded for Nintendo?

And Nintendo tried going all in to make the Wii U work and it still never took off like the Wii did. So it's not like them going all in suddenly makes people accept something that they normally wouldn't like.

Because that's still not going the path of Sega.

But I still find it mildly frustrating to see people say Nintendo should drop consoles just because of one subpar system, yet no one says anything about Microsoft losing money from their gaming division.

If the day ever comes that you see Nintendo drop consoles, they are not going to start putting their games on the Playstation. They'd just put it all on their handhelds, and chances are you'll never see a large Zelda game again unless they make some pretty crazy powerful handheld. Why do people really want that? They've already said their IPs are going down with them if they do, so what would make you think they would ever put them on another console like that?
    Another cop out. Just because they shifted away from graphics being important doesn't mean all of their philosophies changed. Maybe my evidence isn't completely rock solid, but it's still better than your speculation that Nintendo just wanted to go in a different direction. You have no evidence to support that or at least you haven't provided any.

Analog sticks have had a FAR bigger impact on gaming than Motion Controls. I'd consider their introduction more innovative even if it wasn't a completely new idea. "While a novel device is often described as an innovation, in economics, management science, and other fields of practice and analysis, innovation is generally considered to be the result of a process that brings together various novel ideas in a way that they have an impact on society."

Motion controls were exciting at the time. We had seen dual screen set ups before. By Nintendo no less. So of course there wasn't as much excitement. Also Nintendo did a good job of marketing the Wii as a casual console which is honestly what it was. Nintendo doesn't drop good ideas. Unless you can prove that they have before, then precedent shows otherwise. Also the Gamecube was graphically superior and it didn't matter it still got slaughtered by the PS2, so obviously just having a graphically superior console wasn't a good idea.

2 subpar systems. The Wii may have been a financial success but you're being obtuse if you believe it even came close to approaching the library of the PS3 or Xbox 360. There was a reason fans were upset with the Wii. It appealed to the casual market and sold really well because of that, but I don't see how anyone who considers themselves a gamer could've solely played on a Wii. You could easily do that on the PS3 or Xbox 360.

Microsoft may be losing money but you don't see people complaining about a lack of games on the Xbox 360 or the Xbox One.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Microsoft may be losing money but you don't see people complaining about a lack of games on the Xbox 360 or the Xbox One.
    Ya you do for the XB1 and the first couple years of Xbox360/Ps3 was lackluster in games.

People are pissed that the Ps4 and XB1 is lacking exclusives. Its fucken insane how lackluster exclusives are for both systems. The only exclusives I have gotten and enjoyed on my Ps4 is Bloodborne and Infamous Second Son. I will give Knack a go at some point because from what I played it was fun. But both the XB1 and Ps4 is lacking in exclusives while the Wii-U is swimming in them.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya you do for the XB1 and the first couple years of Xbox360/Ps3 was lackluster in games.

People are pissed that the Ps4 and XB1 is lacking exclusives. Its fucken insane how lackluster exclusives are for both systems. The only exclusives I have gotten and enjoyed on my Ps4 is Bloodborne and Infamous Second Son. I will give Knack a go at some point because from what I played it was fun. But both the XB1 and Ps4 is lacking in exclusives while the Wii-U is swimming in them.
    Exclusives don't matter unless you're comparing similar consoles like the PS4 and Xbox One. Many of the best games of this generation have not come to the Wii U. Also the Xbox One has plenty of exclusive games out already.

Who cares if there aren't as many PS4 exclusives. I still have more games on my PS4 than Wii U. Also the reason the Wii U has so many exclusives is because if Nintendo and their partners didn't support the shit out of it, then there'd be no games.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Come now Joe you know the system that outsold the Ps3/Xbox360 was just a fad. I mean 100 million sells is clearly a fad right.....
    That's kind of what a fad is.

None of the concepts it introduced had any staying power.

Motions controls as staple input method for games is dead as a door nail.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Motions controls as staple input method for games is dead as a door nail.
    Explains why only one of the 4 major controllers on the market right now doesn't have gyro... And the one that doesn't, is because kinect was supposed to fill that niche.

PS4 and Steam controller both have gyro for a reason. It's not something to be used in every game but it has a place in gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I was asking you. How was the games not fully featured and functional? Because it lacked DLC?

Hell for 95% of the games I buy I never buy the DLC. Like I said you keep moving goal posts.

Genns goal post moving list.
    1) No Good 3rd Party Games (Gets proven wrong)
    2) No high selling 3rd party games (Who gives a fuck since sells don't equal good and how do we even know the sells)
    3) Not fully featured and functional (Has yet to explain what he means by this)
    4) Had Garbage Online (This is subjective not objective)
    5) Hardly could handle patching (Its almost like Nintendo games rarely needed to be fixed).

Tune in at 11 to find out where genn puts the goal post next. By the way the parts between (____) is me replying in short.

- - - Updated - - -

Come now Joe you know the system that outsold the Ps3/Xbox360 was just a fad. I mean 100 million sells is clearly a fad right.....
    Lol look at you back on the DLC when I gave other examples

Heres why we differ. I look at things substantively, you look at them objectively. Thats why we will never agree. I am glad we wont because looking at this objectively is not the way to go. What is the substance of all the third party trash Nintendo got? Trash.

I dont consider garbage ports to be actual third party support. Thats like being given trash at a restaurant and being told its 5 star food. And look at you complaining about goal posts

2-5 on your list is simply you moving goal posts and I did explain it. Not my issue you cant accept that. Also I cant fathom why you think number 5 even makes sense... I thought you were defending the third party scraps Nintendo got.

Let me look at number 2... HOW DO WE KNOW THE SALES? I GOOGLED! Why does it matter? Shows why many devs stopped.
    Not fully functional? Trashy online.
    Had garbage online... hell look at the trash online smash brawl had to see Nintendo even messing it up

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Minus the watered down console ports, the 3DS had a similar issue yet still succeeded.

I would like to actually see proof to this. It gets claimed way too often with no proof at all, because there's no way to prove it. It's just an opinion.
    The 3ds lowered in price and had more original games. Thats what helped. The VITA had very few original titles (obviously technically they were... but they would have been considered bad console games if on the consoles) and it was much more expensive.

About the Wii being a fad. motion controls are gone until VR resurrects them (all thats left is minimal gyro controls). The Wii was designed for the non gaming crowd.... the crowd now playing mobile games. The Wii sold a ton, there is no denying that, but look at how many return customers Nintendo got.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2016-05-05 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Lol look at you back on the DLC when I gave other examples

Heres why we differ. I look at things substantively, you look at them objectively. Thats why we will never agree. I am glad we wont because looking at this objectively is not the way to go. What is the substance of all the third party trash Nintendo got? Trash.
    Once again I am asking you because you didn't give examples. You spewed some BS and called it fact. You said it didn't have any good 3rd party titles and I give you a list of many. You said its online was shit when it wasn't and you said the games wasn't full featured when they was.

You have been wrong every step of the way and refuse to admit it. We get it Genn you hate the wii but at lease learn what your hating on before hating it. See unlike you I own a wii and have played it.

Also sells don't mean its a good game. By ur logic WoW and COD is the two best games in the world.

Done replying to someone who clearly doesn't know what they are talking about. Educate yourself and then we can talk.

Love how you ignored my list that showed u moving the goal post by the way..
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-05-05 at 04:58 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I sure hope so, Nintendo is the one company i couldn't give two fucks if it goes bankrupt right now.

No actually, i will throw a fucking barbeque party if they do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    The Wii's third party lineup was paltry and mediocre. Look at any list for the best games of last generation and the only Nintendo Wii games on the list are going to be Nintendo developed games.

The Wii U's 3rd party lineup is similarly pathetic.
    The argument was, wether or not, the wii had 3rd party lineups, it had, argument over. No one was questioning wether it was good or bad. Look at the facts instead of trying to derail the argumnent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I dont consider garage to be third party supports. Yeah you got a doctor to do surgery, but hes drunk as fuck.... not much of a doctor right? And no they are not shitty PC ports on Xbone and Ps4 because they are fully functional with all the features while Wii ports were poorly optimized ever single time, and missing features
    except that its extremly rare for the xbone and ps4 to get the fully optimized games, in full hd, 60 fps, which is what they promised from the start. face it. they have crappy ports aswell.

Again, that really does not take away from the fact that they have third party support. So I don't see why you are trying to go a different route now, Third party support is a thing, don't try and make this into an argument you are going to win. Because you're not. Third party is a thing, you said it wasn't the other guy proved you wrong. Leave it at that.

- - - Updated - - -

On the contrary, it's PC that is getting the shit version of console games. The consoles versions are actually playable unlike the frequently bug ridden and poor optimised PCs ports - the UI are pretty much designed for consoles too and are twisted to fit PC (if the developer bothers). (You want an example of a PC designed UI? Look at the original Desu Ex.)
    Any optimization is easily fixed on the pc. The only game that comes to mind that is bug ridden is the recent batman asylum.

I would really *really* like to see this huge list of bug ridden PC ports. please do share them.

Of course, this has to be where the console version are not bug ridden. Else your argument means jack shit.

Deleted
    Nah but I can totally see NX fail worse than Wii U even when Wii U had amazing nintendo titles (and some bad onces like... Star Fox...). I mean, people that like Nintendo will buy it and I know some people WONT anymore because of Wii U reasons. But I fail to see why people that dont like Nintendo games would buy NX.

Though consoles doesnt seem to be for kids anymore. Its the older generation that buy them while kids game on phones, tablets & handheld pretty much.

There have only been a few games i wanted from a nintendo system...

I think too many of their franchises are childish, but in saying that i do think that they value their games gameplay more than anything else, over the last20yrs nintendo has probably had the best variety of gaming genres, while the other 2 seem to do fewer genres but they do them better...

I think at this point nintendo is relying too hard on gimmicks

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    Any optimization is easily fixed on the pc. The only game that comes to mind that is bug ridden is the recent batman asylum.

I would really *really* like to see this huge list of bug ridden PC ports. please do share them.

Of course, this has to be where the console version are not bug ridden. Else your argument means jack shit.
    Battlefield 4.
    Rage.

In general, the PC port tends to have more bugs.

PS: This shows how much a typical developer puts into PC ports. PC is never the lead platform and is almost always an afterthought port. Mainstream consoles are always the top priority, PC is the getting the shitty versions.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2016-05-05 at 10:55 AM.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Deleted
    Battlefield 4.
    Rage.

In general, the PC port tends to have more bugs.

PS: This shows how much a typical developer puts into PC ports. PC is never the lead platform and is almost always an afterthought port. Mainstream consoles are always the top priority, PC is the getting the shitty versions.
    Saying frequently, and then you can only bring up two games. is not really a good thing. considering the vast amount of games being released for PC. Yes. there might be more bugs, but they are so easily fixed.

also, that shows jack shit. You brought up two games, TWO GAMES when you said ''The consoles versions are actually playable unlike the frequently bug ridden and poor optimised PCs ports''

The amount of frame drops in a lot of the releases for xbone and ps4 is way more painful to play than a few bugs.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saying frequently, and then you can only bring up two games. is not really a good thing. considering the vast amount of games being released for PC. Yes. there might be more bugs, but they are so easily fixed.

also, that shows jack shit. You brought up two games, TWO GAMES when you said ''The consoles versions are actually playable unlike the frequently bug ridden and poor optimised PCs ports''

The amount of frame drops in a lot of the releases for xbone and ps4 is way more painful to play than a few bugs.
    You miss the link?

http://www.pcgamer.com/broken-pc-por...-unacceptable/

LOL frame drops. They sell millions on the consoles. They sell more on consoles than PC. I think we know which is more "painful". LMAO.

One, Skyward Sword was a thing.
    /facepalm

I totally forgot about Skyward Sword and I have that game. I am bad, and I feel bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    /facepalm

I totally forgot about Skyward Sword and I have that game. I am bad, and I feel bad.
    it's easily forgotten, I find. Yet though, whole lifespan of Wii U without an exclusive Zelda.. Not good.

- - - Updated - - -

You miss the link?

http://www.pcgamer.com/broken-pc-por...-unacceptable/

LOL frame drops. They sell millions on the consoles. They sell more on consoles than PC. I think we know which is more "painful". LMAO.
    Okay. you have a few games that are bad ports I'm not arguing that. as you can clearly see. Simply stating that consoles overall is not as good. Why do more people have consoles then, you might ask? Because they might not have the money for a gaming rig.

it's easily forgotten, I find. Yet though, whole lifespan of Wii U without an exclusive Zelda.. Not good.
    I guess Wii U is the GameCube of the modern generation and Zelda Wii U is its Twlight Princess.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay. you have a few games that are bad ports I'm not arguing that. as you can clearly see. Simply stating that consoles overall is not as good. Why do more people have consoles then, you might ask? Because they might not have the money for a gaming rig.
    Wait. So those people who have been telling me that i can build an awesome PC equal to a console in power for roughly the same price are lying? /s

Seriously though. PC games are hard to debug due to the hardware variance. The fact that it's market share is smaller than any of the mainstream consoles isn't exactly motivating developers to put in the extra effort.

Coupled with it's high price tag and the frequent need to troubleshoot "issues", all work against the PC.

The role and importance of E3 is ever diminishing. Nintendo have been slowly distancing itself from the trade show for a while now. Their own treehouse streams and directs are popular to a large chunk of their core audience who are the bulk of their early adopters. As much as we in the video game bubble like to think E3 is this big mainstream thing, it really isn't. Nintendo reach more mainstream eyes doing TV show and location spots putting their hardware in the eyes and hands of average people. As sad as it is, the pageantry of E3 is not worth the price of admission these days.

Nintendo makes most of its money on its IP's, so long as they own Mario they are golden, not to mention all of the other characters like Link, Samus, Sonic, Donkey Kong, ect. I am sure they are working on the next gen nintendo system. The problem with the last is that people thought the U was just an upgrade to the Wii that you didn't need and it complicated itself unessecarily and priced itself out of what it does, low cost alternative to AAA machines designed to be fun rather than powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait. So those people who have been telling me that i can build an awesome PC equal to a console in power for roughly the same price are lying? /s

Seriously though. PC games are hard to debug due to the hardware variance. The fact that it's market share is smaller than any of the mainstream consoles isn't exactly motivating developers to put in the extra effort.

Coupled with it's high price tag and the frequent need to troubleshoot "issues", all work against the PC.
    Most people don't know how easy it is to build their own rig so when they think of how they are going to get a high end gaming machine for them it typically means buying a custom built machine that costs three times what it costs to build it yourself. A simple Youtube video can show even a layman what to do but people don't know what they don't know.
    It is also why best buy can make people pay $200 just to have a nerd show up and tell you what is wrong with your computer before the cost of the actual repair, because people don't know what they don't know. Again, youtube videos can show you how to clean your computer for free and protect it from future viruses/malware.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-05-05 at 02:44 PM.