Poll: What are your feelings on the upcoming Warcraft movie?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait to go see it with a couple of my mates and have a good laugh at how awful it is.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am curious. Never watched trailers or participated in discussion so that i am not biased before i watch the movie. I will be excited when they give the in-movie gear to WoW players in my country. I won't if they don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    to be quite honest, im more excited about the possible sequels, since they would reflect more about the game experience and thats where i am, than the first movie.

but i know i have to give my support to this first movie if i want to see any sequels and indirectly the last 10 yrs of my life, in future movies.

i think this first movie has real potential to be great, and provide a great foundation to even more excitement when a sequel is made showing more things relatable to my in game experiences.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I tend to get very hyped about action/fantasy movies based on trailers and am really not a picky guy. I loved Man with the Iron Fists 2 FFS.

Every trailer I've seen for this not only fails to excite me, but kind of makes me embarrassed. If you can't put together an exciting/humorous/suspenseful 30 second trailer for a $100 million (or whatever) movie, that's a bad bad sign. This looks like utter crap on every level; no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

I've never seen The Beginning attached to it until this post. I had no idea this thread was about the movie until I started reading posts. Where did that come from?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vitalic View Post
    I tend to get very hyped about action/fantasy movies based on trailers and am really not a picky guy.
    ^ Action/fantasy has a pretty low bar for me, and Warcraft is easily going to leap over it.

It isn't actually titled "Warcraft: The Beginning" everywhere, is it? International version?
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't help but being pretty hyped. Looks all around pretty awesome. Solid cast, solid director, the atmosphere, armor.. Most of the trailers are crap but I'm blaming the marketing team for that. It's not like the material is bad but it's more about the cutting, music and just all around feeling that turns me off. I mean the movie could turn out to be bad anyway but no way to know before seeing it so I'm trying to keep my opinion neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    More than anything else, what irks me most about the movie so far is the f*cking god-awful arbitary subtitle. By all means, give your sequels subtitles, but not the first damn film in the (likely to be non-existent) series. 'Warcraft' would have sufficed. There was absolutely no need to add a subtitle to it and turn it into 'Warcraft: £5 in the 24 hour garage movie basket'. It was a terrible decision that now makes the title sound like a third-rate knockoff.
    It's only called the the beginning in your corner of the world though.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    For a movie, it looks bad. Really bad. The trailer looks great for a game, but looks awful for a movie...pure schlock.

That said, I think financially the movie will be a minor success. Plenty of people in the US go to things like this just to watch the spectacle (I would guess $150 million or so), and it will do well overseas since the US is the primary producer of extreme special effects laden schlock that they don't get domestically from their own countries' studios (probably another $350 to $400 million). Since the studio gets about 1/2 of the box office receipts, I think they'll come out slightly ahead, but not enough to warrant a sequel.

I don't really entertain the idea that it'll be a particularly big hit or anything. The concept is silly, and what I've seen of it looks incredibly goofy.

That being said, I hope it's at least entertainingly bad. The worst result is for it to be bland and forgettable, and I think it would fit the Warcraft universe to be a bit over-the-top and goofy. I kind of want that because Warcraft as a franchise has always been ridiculous and the only way they can make such a concept actually entertaining is to not be too serious with it.

Indeed I am. Don't really have any expectations but I'm sure I'll enjoy it no matter what, be it terrible or awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm cautiously optimistic. If nothing else, it'll be a fun popcorn fantasy flick and I don't terribly mind those.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I think my opinion on this movie and on Acti-Blizzard was set when I saw Gamespot advertising a candy advertising the movie advertising their game.

They've successfully transitioned from game company to marketing company.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Deleted
    I think it looks good and epic, and I was someone that was sceptical about them making a movie. I'm not sure why people have such an issue with the CGI, it's done extremely well considering the budget, it's no different to that of LotR or Avatar.

Im not a huge lore person so I wont be trying to go full on "red-shirt guy" and dissect every thing that is wrong lore wise. I like the setting, I like the franchise so Il watch it with an open mind.

If you compare any movie to the books you will be disappointed. Even though I enjoyed The Hobbit series, what they chose to capture on Smaug really was a let down.

Videogame movie, years of development hell, marketing and trailers down to fonts used behave like this is a sci fi movie. My expectations are low. Loving the warcraft ip doesnt mean blind bias to expect everything using it to be good. Be nice if it is but so far it doesnt look like a very good movie warcraft or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    to answer the question: im am actually excited about this movie.

also, dont give a damn about about all these opinions. all i know it is a movie from my favorite fantasy setting. i will make my own opinions when i see it.
    This. I'm with you 100%.

Also I knew this would happen you can't make a movie on one of the most popular mmos in PC gaming history and then not have people be super critical of it. But even understanding this I still think some people are exaggerating or just trolling. The sets look good the CGI is well done...now the script? The acting? Reserving comments until I see the full film.

Been playing since vanilla and I'm not hyped at all
    It's just not the right time to make a movie about this game

I'm feeling the same. Long time Warcraft fan, and I got absolutely stoked when I first heard about the news of a Warcraft movie in TBC. But now they've waited way to long and the results look dissapointing. Its just going to be a generic human vs orc story with a lot of Hollywood cliches, cheesy dialogues and terrible CGI that doesn't mix with the human actors. I'll still watch it but I'm not expecting much, the trailers didn't do anything to me and they just get worse.

Still saying they should've gone with the Arthas story.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll watch it after it comes out on blu-ray and I can find it on a torrent site, and will likely watch it in the background while I do something else. So yeah, not excited or even really interested. The trailers look awful and I think Blizzard made a huge mistake wasting time and resources on this rather than sticking to games (where we'd probably all have enjoyed seeing the resources spent more!). WoW's storytelling and writing has never been its strong-suit - indeed, I'd say the writing in WoW is abysmal and the overall storytelling only slightly better than awful. Now, translate that into a movie that needs to cater to audiences who have never played the game and have no familiarity with it, into a movie that has noticeably subpar CGI and into a movie based on a videogame (which, let's face it, videogame movies almost never turn out well) and... well, that's part of why I'm not interested.
    "The nomad's life enthralls me. Its restlessness pursues me: it is as much a part of me as of the sailor. All ports and none are home to him, and all arrivings only a new setting forth" ~ Ella Maillart

Quote Originally Posted by Metacrias View Post
    I'll watch it after it comes out on blu-ray and I can find it on a torrent site, and will likely watch it in the background while I do something else. So yeah, not excited or even really interested. The trailers look awful and I think Blizzard made a huge mistake wasting time and resources on this rather than sticking to games (where we'd probably all have enjoyed seeing the resources spent more!). WoW's storytelling and writing has never been its strong-suit - indeed, I'd say the writing in WoW is abysmal and the overall storytelling only slightly better than awful. Now, translate that into a movie that needs to cater to audiences who have never played the game and have no familiarity with it, into a movie that has noticeably subpar CGI and into a movie based on a videogame (which, let's face it, videogame movies almost never turn out well) and... well, that's part of why I'm not interested.
    Sigh. As someone who use to work in the entertainment field people who torrent movies/games is stealing other people's work. I hope you get fined 10 grand and thrown in jail a year for stealing from the countless people who attempted to turn a stechy 10 page story from the original Warcraft 1 into a movie its fans should enjoy.