Thread: Professions...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lukoil View Post
    Huh? Legion system is not like WoD's. there is no recipes at all that you can learn from vendor. All recipes are from quests (and by all i mean ALL. Every single recipe is new quest, sometimes even quest chain). Epic ones required you to kill a raid boss as requirement for example.
    I didn't argue that they were alike, I just said I disliked the WoD version.

you just oppose, then think.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like Inscription will be the go-to profession for Progression. They can craft items called Vantus Runes, which when activated give the user a one thousand percent damage bonus to one specific boss. There are runes for what looks like every boss in tier one.

You can only use one rune per week and the rune effect lasts one full week. I presume it persists through death as well, but the item tooltips do not specifically state the fact.

It also seems that the Runes are not BoP, so Scribes will be selling them like hotcakes.

I do not imagine that the 1,000% bonus will survive Beta.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-05-05 at 02:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Seems like Inscription will be the go-to profession for Progression. They can craft items called Vantus Runes, which when activated give the user a one thousand percent damage bonus to one specific boss. There are runes for what looks like every boss in tier one.

You can only use one rune per week and the rune effect lasts one full week. I presume it persists through death as well, but the item tooltips do not specifically state the fact.

It also seems that the Runes are not BoP, so Scribes will be selling them like hotcakes.

I do not imagine that the 1,000% bonus will survive Beta.
    Yup, definitely. It's going to be handy as hell for progression bosses, I'd imagine there would always be a demand.
    (The tooltip now states 10% on most bosses, btw)
    Last edited by aktorsyl; 2016-05-05 at 02:14 PM.

I don't think there should be a limit on how many crafted pieces you can wear but I think that most of the slots should be BOP and many of the mats too. It could be a endgame progression path in its own. Some mats and patterns could drop from dungeons (but never raids, anyone should be able to do it)

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    That's quite different from how it's now in WoD, profs have much better UI, plus Legion system is more RPG-ish. So it's a revamp, I dun know what you expected, crafting is crafting, it's pretty much impossible to drastically change it.
    lmfao....

Go look at FFXIV crafting, then come back.

yeah... crafting is crafting... not.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I don't think there should be a limit on how many crafted pieces you can wear but I think that most of the slots should be BOP and many of the mats too. It could be a endgame progression path in its own. Some mats and patterns could drop from dungeons (but never raids, anyone should be able to do it)
    Unfortunately, as it stands right now, even the ilvl 800 armor is pretty much shit. It is just something a fresh L110 might want a piece or two of here and there to fill in holes in their gear from leveling. It certainly wont be competitive in a raid environment. It is the equivalent of Tanaan's Baleful gear. Better than some quest pieces, but will be immediately replaced once you start even low level raiding or dungeoning.

Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    lmfao....

Go look at FFXIV crafting, then come back.

yeah... crafting is crafting... not.
    Thx, but no, I think FF crafting is godawful.

Unfortunately, as it stands right now, even the ilvl 800 armor is pretty much shit. It is just something a fresh L110 might want a piece or two of here and there to fill in holes in their gear from leveling. It certainly wont be competitive in a raid environment. It is the equivalent of Tanaan's Baleful gear. Better than some quest pieces, but will be immediately replaced once you start even low level raiding or dungeoning.
    That's a bit of a letdown. I remember crafting the Frozen Shadoweave and Spellfire (?) set in TBC and it was so rewarding! It took a lot of work but they stayed competative for a heck of a long time, and they had set bonuses! Something like that would be great, but they need to do something about their iLvl distribution for that to work. We can't have 50 iLvl jumps every tier.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Come Legion, the act of crafting a pattern you already know is not unlike its always been - have materials, press button, get item.

However...

Each pattern must be learned from a quest. And those quests actually have a deeper crafting system. For example, here is the general process for a leatherworker to learn the pattern for the Leather Mount Barding (the item that makes you immune to dismounting for two hours.)

1) You get the quest from Namira in Dalaran.
    2) You grab some tanning solution from Namira's workbench.
    3) You take the raw pelts to her tanning rack and convert the raw pelts to shaved pelts.
    4) You then convert the shaved pelts to tanned leather.
    5) You then go to Namira's workbench.
    6) You then have to craft the components to make each of the four pieces that make up the Barding itself. This will use things like leather strips, leather sheets, and various other odds and ends - all of which you have to craft yourself.
    7) You then have to craft the Barding using the four pieces you made in previous steps.
    8) You then turn in the Barding that you just made to Namira.
    9) As a reward you will be taught the actual Crafting pattern for the Barding.

Now, once you have completed all that and learned the pattern for yourself, you can craft Barding using a process no more complicated than having 50 Stonehide leather in your inventory and pressing the craft button. You only have to go through the "complicated" crafting process once, and that is during the quest to learn the pattern.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Mail armor has to be crafted at an anvil, using a blacksmiths hammer.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-05-05 at 03:06 PM.

That's a bit of a letdown. I remember crafting the Frozen Shadoweave and Spellfire (?) set in TBC and it was so rewarding! It took a lot of work but they stayed competative for a heck of a long time, and they had set bonuses! Something like that would be great, but they need to do something about their iLvl distribution for that to work. We can't have 50 iLvl jumps every tier.
    We have to, otherwise we'll have HM -> BRF case yet again, blizz had to buff BRF loot ilvl, cuz many people ignored it.

We have to, otherwise we'll have HM -> BRF case yet again, blizz had to buff BRF loot ilvl, cuz many people ignored it.
    You can have both. NM 820 HC 830 Mythic 840 and then just increments of 10 for every new tier for example.

You can have both. NM 820 HC 830 Mythic 840 and then just increments of 10 for every new tier for example.
    That's too little. Take a look at HFC loot. Assault N drops 690 and Archi N drops 705. People need a carrot, otherwise majority won't even bother to do content repeatedly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been getting back into wow since retiring after Cata, what kind of changes are being made to professions?

That's too little. Take a look at HFC loot. Assault N drops 690 and Archi N drops 705. People need a carrot, otherwise majority won't even bother to do content repeatedly.
    I don't think that's true. Either people care about gear or they don't. If they do every little upgrade is enough of a carrot. And most raiders care more about group progression than character progression from my experience.

I think professions will be iterated on more and more in the future. It certainly seem like it as Legion is going in that direction right now.

I am 95% certain that those recipes are just a placeholders (in terms of stats/ilvl)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lukoil View Post
    I am 95% certain that those recipes are just a placeholders (in terms of stats/ilvl)
    It would certainly be nice if that were the case, but i am not going to get my hopes up. Blizzard seems to be perfectly happy relegating crafting professions to a convenience and utility role, rather than granting any significant performance increases.

With the peculiar exception of Inscription and Vantus Runes (which will almost certainly be hugely nerfed prior to release.)

They really burned me on proffs in wod. Im still pissed, for one thing enchanting and jc were shit compared to before. A measly 4 slot types to be enchanted..whoopi fukin do, and no really cool enchants. JC was even worse, hardly any sockets to gem, and the 3 item bs can diaf!

Seriously bring back full enchanting, make JC worthwhile, make all the pros worthwhile, and honestly I liked the profession bonus perks. This is an mmorpg act like it, you should have to make choices.
    Smile like you mean it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxyBlue View Post
    They really burned me on proffs in wod. Im still pissed, for one thing enchanting and jc were shit compared to before. A measly 4 slot types to be enchanted..whoopi fukin do, and no really cool enchants. JC was even worse, hardly any sockets to gem, and the 3 item bs can diaf!

Seriously bring back full enchanting, make JC worthwhile, make all the pros worthwhile, and honestly I liked the profession bonus perks. This is an mmorpg act like it, you should have to make choices.
    The concept they had for JC making necklaces with unique effects for each class could make JC worth keeping. Right now a lot of the ones in the alpha look pretty weak, but if they do another pass and fix them up a bit it could be a nice money maker.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the front page:

Professions

Increase profession skills to an increased cap of 800.
    Hundreds of new recipes and patterns have been added.
    Profession content is more closely tied to the world. Many of recipes will be learned by completing quests, finding hidden trainers, and going on adventures out in the Broken Isles.
    Recipes can now have multiple ranks. As you become more skilled in your profession, you will learn to craft or gather more efficiently.
    Equipment limits on the amount of crafted gear that can be worn have been removed.
    The Obliterum Forge, unlocked with a questline at level 110, will allow players to destroy their crafted gear and obtain Obliterum. Obliterum, in turn, can be used to make crafted gear more powerful.
    Step in the right direction.
    I'd love to see the ore shuffle make a return tho. I loved doing that.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”