Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Night Elf Horde - Blood Elf Alliance (demonhunters)

Why cant the demonhunters take a side(faction) at the end of the startingzone?

They abandoned there factions long ago when they followed Illidan.
    Now that they come back to face the Legion it would only make sense for me that the betrayers are taking a side they see fit instead of reconnect to there racial backgrounds.

So what do you think? does this choice from blizzard make sense for demonhunters to follow there race (and faction) based on there background before Illidan.

It makes sense, yes. Where cooperating previously silvermoon affiliated DH's would be best with the horde and previously darnassus affiliated DH's would be best with the alliance. They'd also have natural preferences to them.

This isn't really a case of 'abandoning' factions either. For some it may be, but particularly for the illidari they considered themselves operating in the elves best interests for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz has already said they won't be doing any more dual-faction races (e.g. pandaren). So there was never any chance we'd get belf alliance DHs or nelf horde DHs.

Not saying its a bad idea (I'd give my toes for high elves, just to have what is essentially a belf on alliance side) but they'd addressed this specific thing quite specifically.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Why cant the demonhunters take a side(faction) at the end of the startingzone?

They abandoned their factions long ago when they followed Illidan.
    Now that they come back to face the Legion it would only make sense for me that the betrayers are taking a side they see fit instead of reconnect to their racial backgrounds.

So what do you think? does this choice from blizzard make sense for demonhunters to follow their race (and faction) based on their background before Illidan.
    For the love of god.

something something faction identity something something

Honestly, the amount of story limbo and hand-waving that's required to preserve the faction divide is just silly at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Blizz has already said they won't be doing any more dual-faction races (e.g. pandaren). So there was never any chance we'd get belf alliance DHs or nelf horde DHs.

Not saying its a bad idea (I'd give my toes for high elves, just to have what is essentially a belf on alliance side) but they'd addressed this specific thing quite specifically.
    And which alliance race would you give also to the horde in return hm?
    Last edited by hortrorog; 2016-05-05 at 02:42 PM.

It's unnecessary confusion. It's so trivial that no one cares.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    It's unnecessary confusion. It's so trivial that no one cares.
    What makes the confusion?
    I see a friendly panda i know he/she is Horde.
    I see a enemy panda i know he/she is Alliance.

I dont get why ppl would get confused about it at all.
    Even in PvP i have never seen some1 wanting to attack a friendly target because he thought it was a enemy because of the race he/she saw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that they come back to face the Legion it would only make sense for me that the betrayers are taking a side they see fit instead of reconnect to there racial backgrounds.
    Why would a Blood Elf see it fit to join the Alliance? And vice-versa for Night Elves? Why would they not want to naturally reconnect with their racial backgrounds? That's what people do in the real world, gravitate to their own people and their own race.

I just want to play a Nelf DH, but all my friends are horde. Belfs suck.

I just don't understand it story wise either. Technically, you aren't part of either faction as a DH. You are only part of the illidari faction, which is neutral. The only reason you have a faction is so you can enter cities and group up and whatnot. It's purely a gameplay thing, the story never says you rejoined your faction.

(correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I got from watching the starting area and reading all the quests and stuff).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    Why would a Blood Elf see it fit to join the Alliance?
    Because they left to Outland under Kael'thas and then left there leader to train under Illidans rule.
    And before they moved to Outland they have been inside the Alliance faction.
    A demonhunter returning from Outland seeing that the Blood Elfs now work together with the Forsaken (part of the sourge) that destroyed there kingdom back in WC3 might think hmm is this the right way to go?

And vice-versa for Night Elves?
    Loramus Thalipedes alrdy was working with the Horde since vanilla.
    So it is totally possible that Night Elfs following Illidan jion the Horde because of feelings the Night Elfs have against there way of life.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2016-05-05 at 03:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they left to Outland under Kael'thas and then left there leader to train under Illidans rule.
    And before they moved to Outland they have been inside the Alliance faction.
    If you played WC3: the Frozen Throne you'd see why a blood elf would be more than reluctant to return to the Alliance...and also outright despise humans. It just won't make sense lore-wise.

Deleted
    Keep your filthy night elves Alliance! I've played Horde from 2005 till today and even as the story moves away from that conflict, I like how we still still have to choose sides.

I never really played Alliance and even if friends wanna try to win me over I simply say No. Horde for life!

Deleted
    If you played WC3: the Frozen Throne you'd see why a blood elf would be more than reluctant to return to the Alliance...and also outright despise humans. It just won't make sense lore-wise.
    Alliance vs Sourge? because that is what a demonhunter returning from outland will find.
    Forsaken took part in the destruction of the sunwell mindcontroled or not they where part of it.

Alliance vs Sourge? because that is what a demonhunter returning from outland will find.
    Forsakens took part in the destruction of the sunwell mindcontroled or not they where part of it.
    The forsaken are not unknown to the blood elves, as the people who accepted them when the alliance were attempting to steal from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Forsaken took part in the destruction of the sunwell mindcontroled or not they where part of it.
    That was warcraft 3 not warcraft 3: frozen throne when Garithos and his lackeys, and by extension the humans, imprisoned Kael'Thas and a bunch of blood elves without a just cause when all they wanted to do was help the humans fight against the Scourge. So a demon hunter returning back to the world would have fresh memories of that abuse from humans much more than the ones who stayed in Azeroth. A blood elf demon hunter left with Kael'Thas to the Outland because they felt like they didn't belong in the Alliance, and were angry at the humans for their betrayal of the Blood/high elven people. That's why Kael'Thas allied himself with Lady Vashj and Illidan in the first place after Vashj busted them out of prison...a prison where they were placed there by none other than humans -- primary members of the Alliance.

So why in the world would a blood elf, with memories of the abuse of humans against his people, ever want to join the Alliance?

We'll see, maybe even some extra points which justify them rejoining their previous factions could arise as their story unfolds.

Deleted
    So why in the world would a blood elf, with memories of the abuse of humans against his people, ever want to join the Alliance?
    Because the undead destroyed there kingdom? Blood Elfs and Forsaken now work together.
    Undeads destroyed there kingdom and the sunwell making them go to Outland and use felmagic as there source of energy.

Would they love humans? ofc not, would they love undeads? (forsaken) ofc not.
    That is why there should be a choice, the Blood Elf makes up his mind what evil is bigger.

ps the Blood Elfs almost jioned the Alliance before so the angry feelings for humans is not that big after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The entire reason those races became demon hunters is for their people. Why would they abandon them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The entire reason those races became demon hunters is for their people. Why would they abandon them?
    Where do you get this from?
    They are demonhunters to destroy the Legion and protect Azeroth (all of it), but if you have better information then i am all ears.