Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    One of the only problems I have with this game is seeing a Torb's turret or 76's ult being given play of the game.

Nothing more impressive than collecting scrap while your turret goes on a murder spree or running into the enemy team with 0 accuracy and dominating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sheamus View Post
    They were released as F2P games, nVIDIA means the game will go F2P after being buy to play.
    Oh okay, my apologies.
    Last edited by Hydrofluoric; 2016-05-05 at 02:48 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Yeah, no. Wallhack lasts forever and if Widowmaker is competent you get killed as soon as you leave cover since she knows exactly where you are and when you leave.

Just one example among several others.
    So play Tracer or Genji and get behind her and in her face. Doesn't matter if you can see red highlights through walls if someone is teleporting around. If they can still get a headshot on you with a max charged scope, then they are better at aiming than you are at dodging.

Just about the only thing I'm getting annoyed at in terms of unfairness is Pharah's noobcannon, since it doesn't even have to hit you to kill you. But then again, it's my fault for staying in an enclosed space and not getting out quickly enough. If I'm not keeping an eye on the sky while perched, I'm not playing as well as I could be.

With anything that feels unfair, there's always some measure of control you as a player can do to prevent it. The only real conversations had around this type of balance is about combinations of abilities in certain environments rendering map objectives obsolete. Usually this is chokepoints and hunkering down with tanks/healers/turrets....but I mean, you can't really prevent that.

This is one of the reasons Blizz allows you to change characters to counter. It actually allows you the opportunity to do something about it. Most people are sitting in one character, refusing to change to anything else. Well...they are the reason teams are losing, because they don't want to try and counter.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It's also just like minesweeper b/c you push/click buttons and sometimes things will blow up. Overwatch, best Minesweeper Simulator 2016.
    I laughed at this. It is an oddly accurate comparison. :3 Yet totally not.

My opinion is, the way balance works in this game, if you added in a lot more MOBA-y elements you'd really break said balance. So many heroes are a counter to one another. So, for instance, creating potential for a lot of splitting(one or two guys go for side-objective for instance while rest go for main) up would make heroes like McCree/Reaper so incredibly powerful.

As is, due to the constant team-required nature of the game... those two heroes have been in my experience, underplayed. Simply because they cannot duel and pick off others with such relative ease. Which is fine by me.

I played TF2. I hated TF2. With a passion. It didn't matter how long I played it. How I played it. Who I played it with. I just did. Not. Like. It. Not to mention it only had a few classes to choose from which made that same focused and simplistic gameplay that much more boring, that much quicker. Even then they managed to somehow imbalance the design of many if not most maps to where some classes felt utterly pointless, despite there being only a handful to begin with.

Overwatch can get frustratingly difficult, especially against skilled players; however, there is a high skill cap for many if not all heroes. Learning to master them and gradually build upon your capable roster makes it fun. Bringing together the many elements from these heroes and combining them with friends in an effective manner? Even more fun. I've had many matches won at the last few seconds by us finally bringing together the right comp and executing their abilities at the right moment for a great finish.

If you want more background complexity and the game to be less team battle orientated, go with Battleborn. It's essentially a MOBA in FPS format. Overwatch however is a purist. It's all about the second-to-second team combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Nerf mei. (half j/k)
    You leave bae alone
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Played it for a game with and against AI and have to say... FPS are still too stressful for me :P

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    you are out of your mind lol

I am not saying it will flop like HOTS but to state that is just delusional
    Why do you think that HOTS has flopped? It is the most populated and most rapidly growing flop I've ever played if that is the case. Just because it hasn't instantly grown to the size of LoL doesn't mean it flopped. Think HOTS has great potential both as an e-sport and game.
    Last edited by vanbrunt; 2016-05-05 at 03:04 PM.

I more or less agree. Overwatch seems like a fun game, but more of a middle-of-the-pack entry into an existing genre like HotS than a genre definer like WoW, Diablo, or Hearthstone. Worth the purchase, but not something that I see myself consistently playing a year or two down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you're getting killed by someone's ult, it's because they outplayed you. That's what you're refusing to acknowledge. There's no ult in the game that's an unavoidable instant kill.
    Oh, I don't know about that. Hanzo's dragons have a stupidly long range, and I've been killed by them completely unexpectedly from halfway across the map.

And McCree's ultimate can shoot through the wall you just dived behind once you've been targeted. Seen that one on kill cam too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Just go Pharah and shoot them from above.
    The roof put a stop to that. Honestly I feel like when a team stacks any characters it creates unbalance, granted I've seen it happen rarely. Kinda wish it wouldn't allow that.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You leave bae alone
    You're right, she may be frigid but my heart just melts for her.

I'e only really played a game or two at a time up till this point but now I've had a solid 6 hour session. I'll be playing this a lot but I can't shake the feeling it would a better shooter if it didn't have the ultimates or even at least extended the cd on them. Just a thought, it's a solid game as is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    Did anyone actually think overwatch was more than a better looking tf2?
    For me Overwatch and TF2 are vastly different. The reason i like overwatch is the diversity between the many characters and their abilities. its not just a fps like TF2 is.

That being said waht i dont like about overwatch is that to me its basicly ONLY fun and rewarding to play with friends. Sometimes i only have 1-2 friends to play with and then we simply wont play Overwatch because it always takes 6 people to form a team.

I'd like game modes with less people in them(4-5) and gamemodes that are strictly brawlers and not objective based.

Thats what would make me buy it.

The roof put a stop to that. Honestly I feel like when a team stacks any characters it creates unbalance, granted I've seen it happen rarely. Kinda wish it wouldn't allow that.

You're right, she may be frigid but my heart just melts for her.

I'e only really played a game or two at a time up till this point but now I've had a solid 6 hour session. I'll be playing this a lot but I can't shake the feeling it would a better shooter if it didn't have the ultimates or even at least extended the cd on them. Just a thought, it's a solid game as is.
    I had a random game yesterday where our opponents went all 1 class the whole game and we pushed through them like wet paper bags. It really is a weakness to have everyone the same class because there are 2-3 counters per character. First they went all Mei of route 66 and tried to keep us frozen in our base and that lasted all of 10 seconds before my Reinhardt got through a gap and shoulder slammed one to death. Once that happened they folded and we rlled straight to the objective, they switched to all soldier 76's, then all bastions, didn't matter, we crushed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you're getting killed by someone's ult, it's because they outplayed you. That's what you're refusing to acknowledge. There's no ult in the game that's an unavoidable instant kill.
    TL : DR : if you ever die from an ult uninstall the game ( wewLAD )
    Some shit is quite difficult to get away from in the heat of battle, if you're in the open gl getting away from a Soldier ult if he looks at you ( in b4 '' you should never be in any open space in this game ever )

Not every ult in every situation is a straight outplay, that would as stupid as saying every ult in the game is an instant kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    And nobody wants to have weaknesses so every team always has the same comp for their current goal. Defense teams will always have a bastion, torbjorn, widowmaker/hanzo, reinhardt/d.va, lucio/mercy, and a flex pick. Attack teams are a little more varied but follow the same comp, just replace defense heroes with offense ones. Picking anything out of the ordinary puts your team at a disadvantage.
    Yeah, no. Not remotely true. Torbjorn is by no means a requirement, even if he's the only hero flagged as a "builder". Bastion is situationally strong on defense, but that's not surprising considering that's essentially his entire role. Symmetra can be particularly handy in early stages of a defense, if she can get her teleport up to get defenders back on target ASAP. Zenyatta's a strong healer, he's just harder to play than Lucio/Mercy. Zarya's a great tank if you know what you're doing. And so forth.

There's no "enforced meta". You're free to play a poor team composition; losing because the enemy capitalized on a weakness is not an enforced meta. It's your team playing badly.

I wouldn't have a problem with an enforced meta like this if the game didn't lack depth. Every game you do the exact same thing on your hero.
    This is like saying that chess "lacks depth" because the pieces always move the same in every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    And McCree's ultimate can shoot through the wall you just dived behind once you've been targeted. Seen that one on kill cam too.
    This is more due to ping and such; McCree's ult can't shoot through walls. From his perspective, you were in the open.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Some shit is quite difficult to get away from in the heat of battle, if you're in the open gl getting away from a Soldier ult if he looks at you ( in b4 '' you should never be in any open space in this game ever )

Not every ult in every situation is a straight outplay, that would as stupid as saying every ult in the game is an instant kill.
    I'm not saying "you died to an ultimate, lolbad". I'm saying that if they get into a situation where they can kill you with their ult, they outplayed you. It happens to everyone, at all skill levels. Every kill you get is you outplaying your opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I had a random game yesterday where our opponents went all 1 class the whole game and we pushed through them like wet paper bags. It really is a weakness to have everyone the same class because there are 2-3 counters per character. First they went all Mei of route 66 and tried to keep us frozen in our base and that lasted all of 10 seconds before my Reinhardt got through a gap and shoulder slammed one to death. Once that happened they folded and we rlled straight to the objective, they switched to all soldier 76's, then all bastions, didn't matter, we crushed them.
    The team that stood out wasn't totally stacking. They'd have 2 widows, 2 bastions and a tank/healer combo etc. They just walked through us, maybe my team was just terrible but that game stood out.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post

Yeah, was going to say, try being next to an enemy Genji when he decides to use his ultimate. In many cases, your ass is simply dead. :P

That's fine though. Ultimates are meant to be methods by which to easily wipe or greatly duress the opposition. Otherwise some of these maps would be extremely difficult, particularly towards their ends when you're trying to capture a point in a heavily defended room.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Yeah, was going to say, try being next to an enemy Genji when he decides to use his ultimate. In many cases, your ass is simply dead. :P

That's fine though. Ultimates are meant to be methods by which to easily wipe or greatly duress the opposition. Otherwise some of these maps would be extremely difficult, particularly towards their ends when you're trying to capture a point in a heavily defended room.
    Yeah ults are needed, if they didn't exist it would be GL getting out of your base at the start sometimes or pushing that last inch of progress bar on the payload.
    The damage is too random and not on point enough to rely purely on shooting weapons to win a game.

The team that stood out wasn't totally stacking. They'd have 2 widows, 2 bastions and a tank/healer combo etc. They just walked through us, maybe my team was just terrible but that game stood out.
    Reapers, other Widows, Reinhardt, etc... they'll counter that situation. I went against a double-Bastion setup yesterday and I'd use Reinhardt. I'd weave in and out of cover to get as close as I could, then shield for as long as it'd allow before charging into one for essentially a certain kill.

At that point my whole team is rushing in so either the second bastion focuses them or me. In this instance, I killed both myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, Widowmaker can ruin Bastions easily now that he doesn't have that shield anymore. His Sentry mode fire can't do shit to her at long range, either.

Of course, Pharah is still likely better at the "long range uprooting up Bastion/Turrets".
    I was hesitant to advise on Pharah against double Widows but yeah, she's usually a good option.

It is absolutely okay to admit that you are not the most skilled player in the game and that may be why you are having a hard time in game. There are very few wide open areas so you should stay in positions where you can use terrain to block one shots, if you hear an ult going off you dodge behind cover until it is over. Reaper usually doesn't survive using his ult unless he gets the drop on someone from behind (not hard with teleport but you have to use his entire bat-belt to be effective with reaper, most dont ever teleport) and Pharah gets shot down mid-ult.

I am more afraid of regular abilities than ults, with the exception of WM's game breaking ult. Would be different if it only affected her and she called it out in voice coms, but I have walked into too many death traps when I thought I had the drop on my enemy due to that ult.

- - - Updated - - -

Thing about bastion and Pharah is that Pharah can poke out from terrain long enough to fire off a rocket then back into cover and all bastion can do is eat rockets. Yesterday I did that at close range in a temple, ducked twice and when he expected the third I shot up and around the corner over his field of view and while he waited for me to reappear I had 2 rockets dropping on him, then killed his healer and then soldier 76 and got play of the game.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    Overwatch is first blizzard game which going to free 2 play soon
    Hearthstone calls.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work