Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Her rocket is slow moving so she has to aim ahead of the target to hit, you just have to strafe properly and she will have a hard time hitting. Upclose she tends to blow herself up.
    And this is why I enjoy Pharah. Most people actually do that kind of stuff to avoid her rockets which leads them straight into mine, because I'm a horrible shot. Probably shouldn't be proud of that.
    And honestly any Pharah even firing her weapon in close quarters is kinda stupid. It's all E them towards you, melee, shift then fire at them, repeat once you've landed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Take long range rockets, make them travel faster, and remove/nerf the splash?

Lets just call her, "Widowmaker" at that point. :|

Seriously, rockets have been a thing in FPS games forever. You can complain that, "She wasn't even aiming for me!" but if you're getting hit by them then you're not counter-playing her properly, either.
    No, their inability to figure out how to deal with a threat does not mean the threat should be removed. Rockets have always been splash since doom/duke nukem/TF/TF2. Of all the characters I fear Pharah is the least of them.

And no, she wasn't aiming for them, they were aiming for their feet. If they stand in a tight group then they deserve to die from splash. Spread out slightly and they will be fine.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-05-05 at 05:02 PM.

Deleted
    Every point is fine and dandy, but my point still stands that her rockets have a retarded splash range, to the point where it makes it almost unnecessary to even aim. nerf pls. even keep the damage and the splash, but for the love of good, reduce the range of the splash.

edit: It isn't about having huge amount of damage, it's that some classes require very little aim and could still do very well. anyway, this is just my opinion on how the game could be vastly improved and a much more fun experience for me personally, i totally get that others think otherwise.
    Last edited by mmocbe88c133e3; 2016-05-05 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I think a lot of people don't realize that shields regenerate, and they regenerate to full capacity. I think Symmetra's innate health ratio is 100 health/100 shields, or something? If she takes 199 damage, that shield will regenerate back to 1 health 199 shields after 3 seconds. And because it regenerates, she can take poke damage without worrying about it.
    That isn't how shields work in this game lol
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dex View Post
    Every point is fine and dandy, but my point still stands that her rockets have a retarded splash range, to the point where it makes it almost unnecessary to even aim. nerf pls. even keep the damage and the splash, but for the love of good, reduce the range of the splash
    No, this point does not stand. You've failed to give even a single reason why this is "bad". You're simply trying to reduce character variance, and that is "bad". There's nothing "wrong" with splash damage, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I.Can't.Aim.
    Not going to read all 14 pages so apologies if somebody has said something already, but:

One of the strange things about Overwatch, to me, is that they mix projectiles and hit scan. Not only do different heroes work differently, sometimes abilities for a single hero even work differently.

For those who don't know, projectiles are exactly that: A moving item that you can see and potentially avoid. They are harder to aim because you have to aim at the point where the person will be when the projectile arrives (and they arrive at different speeds) and not where they were. Hit scan basically determines whether or not the shot will hit at the instant it is fired.

So if you're having trouble aiming, other than just pure practice I'd make two recommendations:

1) Make sure you know which abilities work which way. People are rarely stationary in Overwatch, especially as they become better players, and it's absolutely vital to understand if you need to aim at a person or lead them with a given ability.

2) Find out which you prefer out of the two styles and find which heroes and abilities function that way. It may be that your aim is good with one of them and bad either with the other one or just when you're constantly swapping between the two. It may help to focus on one style for a while until you get better.

And as alway, practice, practice, practice.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    That isn't how shields work in this game lol
    Certainly seems to, for characters with innate shields; the pips on their health don't change in number, and they fill back up blue, from what I've seen.

Deleted
    76'S Auto aim is designed to give noobs who may not of played a fps a chance, he is an introductory character like Rayner in Hots. People who are actually good at the game don't use it all that much because they can already aim just as well. They don't have to think about it, they just do it. One shotting is in any game and if something can one shot you in this game it has a shout out warning and a brief pause which gives you time to get behind a wall. If you don't heed the warning and keep acting like it is business as usual then it is your fault you died, not the games. Tracers ult doesn't give you a warning but it is a very short range, if they can kill you with it chances are they could of done it with a clip and a pistol whip anyways.

I'm not a fan of WM giving the entire team the ability to see through walls as it strips one team of the use of terrain and element of surprise, but it isn't something I am willing to quit over.

Most of your complaints I see coming from someone who put very little time into getting good at the game and doesn't know how to counter anything including basic ult countering. You hear a shout out you duck behind a wall or strafe out of the obvious direction of a giant red dragon. Hell Reaper and Pharah typically don't live long enough to get their ults off. If they didn't warn you it was coming I could see this complaint as legitimate but it isn't. It's very easy to make people waste their ultimates.

Hell Mei and Reaper have 'get out of ults free' cards that are up every 8 seconds. If Mei ice blocks you can stand behind it to avoid a D.Va one shot.
    These are not my only complaints, the game is actually bad. It's a console casual game with childish elements and some terrible ideas.

I think this is one of the worst games made by blizzard (only surpassed by some terrible wow expansions and diablo 3 vanilla), even the content is pathetic, there are not enough maps and the game modes aren't enough.

Sorry but it sucks.

Even the graphic is bad, it looks like some cheap console game, no wonder this was supposed to be an mmo, you can see the world is supposed to be an mmo world...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    These are not my only complaints, the game is actually bad. It's a console casual game with childish elements and some terrible ideas.

I think this is one of the worst games made by blizzard (only surpassed by some terrible wow expansions and diablo 3 vanilla), even the content is pathetic, there are not enough maps and the game modes aren't enough.

Sorry but it sucks.
    There's 12 maps. TF2 launched with 4. Battlefield 4 launched with 10.

Your points seem entirely unreasonable. You're projecting your own personal preferences as if they're objective truths.

Deleted
    No, this point does not stand. You've failed to give even a single reason why this is "bad". You're simply trying to reduce character variance, and that is "bad". There's nothing "wrong" with splash damage, at all.
    Every point is fine and dandy, but my point still stands that her rockets have a retarded splash range, to the point where it makes it almost unnecessary to even aim. nerf pls. even keep the damage and the splash, but for the love of good, reduce the range of the splash.

edit: It isn't about having huge amount of damage, it's that some classes require very little aim and could still do very well. anyway, this is just my opinion on how the game could be vastly improved and a much more fun experience for me personally, i totally get that others think otherwise.
    Read: Reasons why i think it's bad, and that it's only my own opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is inherently wrongheaded.

It's reasons why you think it's not for you. That isn't the same as "bad". I don't like avocado, but I wouldn't call it a "bad vegetable"; there are plenty of people who like avocado just fine, and my preferences don't matter in that to anyone but me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't usually play healers, I avoid them like plagues in games but god damn that lucio! Tried him last night and he is just what the doctor ordered. Hit the accelerator at the right time and watch your team massacre the opponent. I do find however it is easier to hit your opponent with damage sound than it is to hit wounded allies with healing sound because the bastards won't stop moving! Maybe Lucio needs a wider spread on healing sound.
    You do realize his gun only fires damage projectiles? Unless I misunderstand your post.

His only healing is the aura around him when you have that enabled instead of movement.

Your point doesn't stand. I already said Pharahs have to aim, they have to aim where you will be when the rockets hit since it is slow moving projectile. If you are standing still then that was your fault, in fps you should always be moving. Strafe for life. You got killed by rockets and are unwilling to admit that the person aimed and you didn't move fast enough to avoid. The splash is fine.

Bullets are actually easier to hit with, they travel nearly instantly and apply damage nearly instantly. Rockets take time to travel and you have to aim ahead of your opponent, not at them. You aim at feet for less damage but if you can hit directly it is a high damage hit. If you got hit directly by a rocket, thats your fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    You do realize his gun only fires damage projectiles? Unless I misunderstand your post.

His only healing is the aura around him when you have that enabled instead of movement.
    I must of misunderstood what was going on, thought shift switched between shots damaging and shots healing. Good to know! I obviously have a lot to learn about healers as I have never played one until that lucio.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    yes RNG, half of my deaths on killcam aren't even from people aiming at me but getting in crossfire or aoe stuff like junkrat spam or phara side splash rocket dmg when I'm low health.
    Which is common in games like this, was the same on TF2

yes there is RNG, in the sense that you get killed by side stuff as much as you get killed by someone actually aiming for you.
    Whether or not RNG is the right word to describe that idk, maybe I should have just said Arcade style spray and pray.
    You are using the abbreviation wrong though, RNG is Random Number Generator, your complaints have fuck all to do with numbers.

Deleted
    Which is inherently wrongheaded.

It's reasons why you think it's not for you. That isn't the same as "bad". I don't like avocado, but I wouldn't call it a "bad vegetable"; there are plenty of people who like avocado just fine, and my preferences don't matter in that to anyone but me.
    You do realise that everything is subjected to peoples opinions right? If majority of people agree that phara rockets are ridiculous, and the devs are of the same opinion, they will nerf it. for me, phara rockets are bad for the game as a whole, it does not mean i think the game is bad.

Besides; i thought the purpose of this thread was to get people to put forth their personal first impressions? Mine: Splash damage weapons drags the game down, needs a splash range nerf. game is still fun and i will keep playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a reason rockets have splash damage, and have had as far back as Doom and Quake. It is because it is way harder to direct hit with them than with near insta hit bullets. Additionally, Pharah is really really squishy. If you nerf her damage, then there is no real point playing her. She is also a counter to Bastion, and I don't think Bastion counters need nerfs.

15+ Year Old Account
    I must of misunderstood what was going on, thought shift switched between shots damaging and shots healing. Good to know! I obviously have a lot to learn about healers as I have never played one until that lucio.
    Lucio is pretty fun. Once you get the hang of wall riding you can get all sorts of unexpected places and make some great plays with his knockback.

His aoe healing, esp when you amp it is great for keeping your whole team on their feet. His ult can be really clutch too. It can negate a tire or barrage and save your team if they aren't paying attention.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's funny because the splash radius isn't even very big. I literally don't even understand your complaint here other than you personally just not liking splash at all.
    Opinions, opinions, sometimes it seems like phara can hit the other side of the building and still damage me.
    (That was an exaggeration)

But you are correct, I am not a huge fan of splash damage overall, unless they're carefully tuned and of moderate size/effect

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    There is a reason rockets have splash damage, and have had as far back as Doom and Quake. It is because it is way harder to direct hit with them than with near insta hit bullets. Additionally, Pharah is really really squishy. If you nerf her damage, then there is no real point playing her. She is also a counter to Bastion, and I don't think Bastion counters need nerfs.
    Which was why i suggested something akin to a Direct Hit change for her rockets, she would still be able to crush Bastion, butwould have a harder time with other characters when she can't simply aim in their general direction
    Last edited by mmocbe88c133e3; 2016-05-05 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Torbjörn is weak. But Symmetra is really bad. Sure her teleport is great, but nothing she does apart from that is good. Her turrets die from a fart. Her gun is useless.
    Learn to place them and what map to use her and she's devastating. Her teleport on maps where the run back to the point for the defending team is the difference between winning and loosing as some Maps if they clear your team from the objective they are going to cap it because the run back is so far. Symmetra on Kings Row is out of hand.

My opinion is that you see yourself die from a rocket and assume the other person is a no talent hack who doesn't know how to play for reals. As I said, Pharah aimed and aimed correctly. They figured out where you were going to be when the rocket hit and fired there. If you were standing still then they capitalized on that. The rocket splash is a small amount of damage, the direct hit is the one doing massive damage. It takes about 4 rockets splash to kill 76, a direct hit can do it in 1 + splash.

1. Dont stand in a tight pack like it will protect you.
    2. Run in zig zags, not straight forward.
    3. Shoot her with your instant travel weapon.
    4. Laugh when she goes for ultimate and dies at, "Justi.... grrrglllrgrrrglrr ack!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Lucio is pretty fun. Once you get the hang of wall riding you can get all sorts of unexpected places and make some great plays with his knockback.

His aoe healing, esp when you amp it is great for keeping your whole team on their feet. His ult can be really clutch too. It can negate a tire or barrage and save your team if they aren't paying attention.
    His E is what I like the best, I can imagine the look on my enemies faces when everyone they are shooting at suddenly rocket boost around kicking the crap out of them.