Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    rape culture doesnt exist in the westernize world. And Hasnt for a while. Why? Because there are laws in place against rape. Rape is heavily punishable offence... unless a woman does it. Clearly, people that think such a "culture" exists, are simply sjws attempting to push their one sided agenda, and will never take critism nor facts... as they are all touched, heavily, in the head.

There are many false reports of rape, that are accounted for in that 1 and 6. Or people that got drunk and fucked, and the woman regrets it the next day and files a FALSE rape report. Its like saying, a drunk driver that hits and kills someone while drunk, is not subject to the law... because he/she was drunk. Why should the male/female be able to do such things when is about sex and call rape, when it clearly wasnt. Is there times where it is with a blackout drunk? yes. But having a few drinks, and seeing the world through beer/whiskey goggles is not rape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    DoJ? Lol bro. There is more to the world than one country. Good grief.
    Well, yeah, because Canada hasn't actually done any research of it's own and is just parroting the numbers from other places.

Unless you can provide me with where the number comes from? Hmmm?

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Considering I've seen Canadians on these boards trivializing female sexual violence, and turning male victims into jokes while going so far to deny the real effects of sexual violence to people (even having the audacity to claim that pregnancy isn't a valid concern for male victims) it wouldn't surprise me to know that you guys have a healthy rape culture on the other end in your colleges also.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Unless you think Canadians are inherently more rapey it's a good place to start.
    Canada is pretty similar to the US. If you subtract certain pockets of problem demographics, which don't exist in Canada, that hyperinflate things like violent crimes then they match up pretty well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrigglyPuff View Post
    Isn't all this propaganda about rape culture considered conspiracy theories?
    It really should be at this point, especially since we just have to keep linking the exact same studies to debunk it.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Pretty sure my opinion weighs more heavily than yours does here.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really something I have control over.
    If my guinea pig could somehow learn to speak in English, his opinion would weigh more heavily than Tennisace's.

And I don't even have a guinea pig.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It really should be at this point, especially since we just have to keep linking the exact same studies to debunk it.
    But then people like Tennisballface and others who believe in this "rape culture" conspiracy won't have anything to shit post.

A terrible place to start. The OP posted an article on rape culture in a Canadian university yet this chap is attempting to use statistics from a different country? Really dishonorable.
    The survey in the OP is so skewed that its useless. Statistics from another country are actually more valuable to the discussion then the information posted in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Battle Lines drawn?

I'm assuming one side is normal people and the other side is retards that think rape culture is actually a thing?
    Well, the ones who think it is and do not rape and those who rape...even though they know the society they live in abhors it, they will get punished for it (probably end up being raped to boot) and know that it is in no way acceptable.

If a society has laws against rape and enforces them when evidence proves that a REPORTED rape has happened (evidence,trial ,jury ....etc) it is not a rape culture.
    To keep it short as sweet.

Well, yeah, because Canada hasn't actually done any research of it's own and is just parroting the numbers from other places.

Sooo the OP is saying they believe you have a much higher chance to get raped in Canada than the US, interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Oh dear, another one.
    What? Isn't that a serious question?

Not sure how I should see it as flame.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thought this was about Canadian rap culture. I was interested.

Now I am not.

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    Well, the ones who think it is and do not rape and those who rape...even though they know the society they live in abhors it, they will get punished for it (probably end up being raped to boot) and know that it is in no way acceptable.

If a society has laws against rape and enforces them when evidence proves that a rape has happened (evidence,trial ,jury ....etc) it is not a rape culture.
    To keep it short as sweet.
    Shh, that doesn't play into the OP's narrative. There is no such thing as a "rape culture" here in North America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Do you think all gamers are basement dwellers who don't have jobs and live with their parents? Because I have gamed with people ranging from a fast-food worker to an ivy league college professor.
    Obviously not, and I game and am not a basement dweller. That doesn't mean good discussions occur in forums like these. All you have to do is look at any of these threads - they're all echo chambers and flaming and baiting and soapboxes. Every time.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account

In the OP's article the figure was 1 in 6 and this is why we are discussing it in this thread. I'm not sure why you're bringing up numbers from another country to counter it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please, someone, explain to me already what "rape culture" is...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

In the OP's article the figure was 1 in 6 and this is why we are discussing it in this thread. I'm not sure why you're bringing up numbers from another country to counter it.
    You simply ignored everyone's post and echo chambered yourself. 2/10 try again

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Isn't it the culture where everything is rape?

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    But then people like Tennisballface and others who believe in this "rape culture" conspiracy won't have anything to shit post.
    Tennisace doesn't believe in any of this either, it's an alt account. If they did actually care about any of these issues they wouldn't be trivializing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    In a rape culture, people are surrounded with images, language, laws, and other everyday phenomena that validate and perpetuate rape.

Rape culture includes jokes, TV, music, advertising, legal jargon, laws, words and imagery, that make violence against women and sexual coercion seem so normal that people believe that rape is inevitable. Rather than viewing the culture of rape as a problem to change, people in a rape culture think about the persistence of rape as “just the way things are.”

This is what it means when people say that sexism and violence against women are “naturalized.”