Poll: Who would win in a duel

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    Wow, so that one geriatric Tauren was in the same echelon as Deathwing, Archmonde, and the Lich King?
    Slow down. No one can compete with the Lich King. Not even Sargeras or the Void Lords.

Lothar. Because he's played by Ragnar Lothbrok.
    Still a better argument than most.

Jesus Christ, that shit is just cringeworthy.

How many fucking hyperboles can you cram into a single piece of text?
    Just Knaak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Zulkhan? You just don't know how weapons work outside of RPGs and +1, do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Lovable how you end up repeating this when you have clearly nothing else to add.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Lovable how you end up repeating this when you have clearly nothing else to add.
    Because you really seem to believe some tee trunk even a Tauren can't properly grip is some sort of the ultimate weapon.

Stop talking about totems in relation to Cairne, he has literally used the Runespear the entirety of him being in the Warcraft universe. He might have used a totem in his younger days, but from the third war on he has used the Runespear.

The only time we see him with the totem is his in game model, which also has him down-scaled in size multiple feet and shouldn't be taken into account.
    Last edited by Gib Lover; 2016-05-05 at 07:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Stop talking about totems in relation to Cairne, he has literally used the Runespear the entirety of him being in the Warcraft universe. He might have used a totem in his younger days, but from the third war on he has used the Runespear.

The only time we see him with the totem is his in game model, which also has him down-scaled in size multiple feet and shouldn't be taken into account.
    As far as I remember, Cairne was up-scaled ingame like every Boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you really seem to believe some tee trunk even a Tauren can't properly grip is some sort of the ultimate weapon.
    And you conveniently believe that such lack of grip is a big deal because, in your world, a Tauren can be disarmed by such weapon in the same manner of a human holding a sword.

You can play at the little armchair commander all you want, nothing will change that Tauren use such weapons and there's reasons they do and achieve the results they achieve by using them. Keep bitching if you want, is not even related to the thread in any fucking way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    And you conveniently believe that such lack of grip is a big deal because, in your world, a Tauren can be disarmed by such weapon in the same manner of a human holding a sword.

You can play at the little armchair commander all you want, nothing will change that Tauren use such weapons and there's reasons they do and achieve the results they achieve by using them. Keep bitching if you want, is not even related to the thread in any fucking way.
    I don't say a human with a sword could it. I say it is easier to push a weapon he can't really hold from his hands than a weapon with a proper grip. And that you don't know how Weapons work and think that a tree trunk is the ultimate weapon and that Tauren are invulnerable. That's the point were I stop the discussion.

And just because they u se such Weapons, it doesn't makes them effective. And it's not like the Tauren of Camp Taurajo could win against Human Soldiers who came fresh from Prison.

As far as I remember, Cairne was up-scaled ingame like every Boss.
    You're still focusing too much on the wrong thing.
    Without logging on to a Vanilla server I can't verify that he is taller, and unless he is WAY taller than in in game Tauren, he is probably still too small.

So again to reiterate, he wouldn't be using a totem against Lothar. He would be using the enchanted Runespear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    You're still focusing too much on the wrong thing.
    Without logging on to a Vanilla server I can't verify that he is taller, and unless he is WAY taller than in in game Tauren, he is probably still too small.

So again to reiterate, he wouldn't be using a totem against Lothar. He would be using the enchanted Runespear.
    I don't think that he is that much bigger than other Tauren.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I don't say a human with a sword could it. I say it is easier to push a weapon he can't really hold from his hands than a weapon with a proper grip. And that you don't know how Weapons work and think that a tree trunk is the ultimate weapon and that Tauren are invulnerable. That's the point were I stop the discussion.

And just because they u se such Weapons, it doesn't makes them effective. And it's not like the Tauren of Camp Taurajo could win against Human Soldiers who came fresh from Prison.
    Oh good M-Ra is using an ambush of a town with forebombs in attempt to say that humans can stand toe to toe with Taurens man to man the point still stands runes spear or tree trunk the tauren is going to have a Lulz worthy advantage overy you. The closest thing I can try to explain to you how dumb your point is is to draw on my 7 years of experience as a fencer to explain how much of a game changer height and reach is, especially with saber or epee, I'm near six feet, and when I fought a guy who was just as good at me but only at 5 feet four, I could hit him way before he could hit me, and every step I took forward he had to take 2 back, when I lunged he practically had to jump backwards

If now let's say I had another, 2 feet on him, a Taurens height is overkill, no sheild would save him, I could easily counter 7, or 8, because he wouldn't be going for my chest, no way in hell he could effectivly break my guard. Of I had a spear it's just maximum overkill, especially of its more of a pole axe and I know how to weird it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think that he is that much bigger than other Tauren.
    The average tauren is nearing 12 feet, that is an incredible advantage in melee combat
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2016-05-05 at 08:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    And you think you are the only one who knows how weapons work? Your whole weapons argument hinges on a realistic scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't say a human with a sword could it. I say it is easier to push a weapon he can't really hold from his hands than a weapon with a proper grip.
    Then let me remind you a thing you apparently forgot.

To effectively disarm an opponent you must apply the sufficient force with your own weapon to losen your opponent's grip. To do so you also have to lift the enemy weapon and push it in the direction you want. And here's the thing, no weapon possessing a far inferior weight and mass can realistically achieve that. Ironically, the only weapon that could successfully disarm a Tauren from his totem is another totem in another Tauren's hands.

The fact that a Tauren does not have over a totem the same grip a Human has over a sword is an even further insignificant factor when you consider that the Human should muster the strength to effectively "defeat" the Tauren's hand grip. Do we have to remember the obvious difference in physical strength between a Human and a Tauren?

This isn't to say that Tauren are invincible, but disarming isn't really an option against them, which effectively nullify your argument about the "lesser" grip being any sort of disadvantage.

And that you don't know how Weapons work and think that a tree trunk is the ultimate weapon and that Tauren are invulnerable.
    Like it or not, a tree trunk is the ultimate weapon because of the way Tauren are physically shaped. It's a weapon that works only for them because they're the only creatures on Azeroth capable to exploit its advantages. The weapon is huge, so is pretty good defensively. And Tauren possesses an immense destructive potential when holding them, that's a fact. They can't achieve the same offensive power with another weapon. Of course, other weapons are still perfectly valid because different Tauren can still decide to fight in different manners. But totems remain a thing for them, especially to wreck numerous weaker foes.

Of course we can also start the argument about skill and experience and how a veteran Human can indeed outsmart and defeat a young and inexperienced Tauren, with or without totem. But a common Footman? The Footamn has no chance against such foe, he's nothing but dead meat. They can only outmaneuver and outnumber the Tauren to kill him. They have absolutely no chance 1v1.

And just because they u se such Weapons, it doesn't makes them effective.
    Except they are. They're not invicinbile but they're indeed effective, within the limits of their own skill/experience.

And it's not like the Tauren of Camp Taurajo could win against Human Soldiers who came fresh from Prison.
    Fantastic example, way to forget that Camp Taurajo got firebombed and all those suckers did was deserting and looting a place full of bodies and burned buildings. Taurajo was also nothing more but a small hunter village, using firebombs against it was a ridiculous overkill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't say a human with a sword could it. I say it is easier to push a weapon he can't really hold from his hands than a weapon with a proper grip. And that you don't know how Weapons work and think that a tree trunk is the ultimate weapon and that Tauren are invulnerable.
    A tree trunk for Tauren is what a two handed sword is for a human.
    A human two handed sword it would feel like a dagger in the hands of a Tauren.
    That's their difference.

Deleted
    Okay, I'm done. You guys just don't have the slightest sense of Logic or knowledge about Weapons. I can't argue with people wo say that a tree trunk is in any case a good weapon. There is no point, it makes the whole Discussion only about "But Tauren are so coool and strong and a tree trunk is powerful because it's cool!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I'm done. You guys just don't have the slightest sense of Logic or knowledge about Weapons.
    This is beautiful, how many times you kept saying this? Oh right, everytime you attempted an argument that got defeated with mere logic. If being butthurt is all you have to offer then stick back to the topic and be done with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I'm done. You guys just don't have the slightest sense of Logic or knowledge about Weapons. I can't argue with people wo say that a tree trunk is in any case a good weapon. There is no point, it makes the whole Discussion only about "But Tauren are so coool and strong and a tree trunk is powerful because it's cool!"

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Okay, I'm done. You guys just don't have the slightest sense of Logic or knowledge about Weapons
    The Irony burns me oh god it's like agent Orange
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I say Lothar, I can see this going into a long fight. Lothar would keep his distance and wait for Cairne to make a mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxalia View Post
    I say Lothar, I can see this going into a long fight. Lothar would keep his distance and wait for Cairne to make a mistake.
    You can't fight staying back.