Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fu1grim View Post
    I think you missed the point :/
    Pretty sure I didn't. You just don't rate people. That's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Want to improve 5 mans social experiences? Remove LFG. You'll then have to run with guilds, friends list people or PUG from your server. You'll see the same people more or less as you run them and naturally tend to talk etc. Failing that, nothing will help because of the anonymous nature of LFG matchmaking - I'll never see these people again, why do the whole friend thing?

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Want to improve 5 mans social experiences? Remove LFG. You'll then have to run with guilds, friends list people or PUG from your server. You'll see the same people more or less as you run them and naturally tend to talk etc. Failing that, nothing will help because of the anonymous nature of LFG matchmaking - I'll never see these people again, why do the whole friend thing?
    Or...you know...you could just do mythic dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Or...you know...you could just do mythic dungeons.
    Of course. But that doesn't address making normal and heroic versions more social.

Deleted
    Of course. But that doesn't address making normal and heroic versions more social.
    So are mythic dungeons any more "social" than heroic dungeons? Because they require exactly what you're looking for and you seem to approve that. From my experience though, mythic dungeons are as social as heroic dungeons. That is, I fill my group up with 5 740+ ppl, we don't talk, we do 8 dungeons, we disband and never see each other again. Sounds exactly the same like heroic dungeons, without LFG. But I don't see the difference.

So maybe its other factors that drive your very subjective observation of unsocialness in dungeons, something other than automatic matchmaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    So are mythic dungeons any more "social" than heroic dungeons? Because they require exactly what you're looking for and you seem to approve that. From my experience though, mythic dungeons are as social as heroic dungeons. That is, I fill my group up with 5 740+ ppl, we don't talk, we do 8 dungeons, we disband and never see each other again. Sounds exactly the same like heroic dungeons, without LFG. But I don't see the difference.

So maybe its other factors that drive your very subjective observation of unsocialness in dungeons, something other than automatic matchmaking.
    They CAN be... you choose to pick randoms. But Mythics could be done with a group from your guild or people whom you add to the friends list. It's not our fault if you chose to hit up the group finder, sort by item level and then never talk or anything. That's on you.

The point is that you can't LFG the mythic dungeons so you have to make a group somehow and that gives you the opportunity to run with a consistent or semi-consistent set of people with whom you can have fun. Normals and heroics are on LFG and that's so easy that as long as it exists most people will just queue up for them.

Deleted
    Yes, Vanilla LFG trade spam, getting "I'm in" requests and a simple "hi" during the entire run was social.

The LFG tool isn't the problem, people don't want to be social and it's their entire right not to. Many just log and want to relax after a day of job.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-05-05 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The best way to improve the social experience in dungeons is to make them a challenge. For quite many players, as long as they do not have to work together, they won't. Force them to.
    Players have to want a social experience.
    Harder content only forces cooperation, which is not the same as being social.
    Social is the choice to interact positively with others.
    It is not just more interaction.

Harder content is only going to result in yet more artificial requirements being added.
    Look at how that is going already.

The only way the social experience will be improved is by players who want it.

There are better tools now, but the willingness is not there.
    Look at how you can now keep up communication, and the wider variety of players you can experience content with.
    But instead we are seeing more segregation, more rules to isolate us from others.

We are anti-social, not the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    More like creating fake social experience where everyone tries to be nice just to get rewards. I pretty much don't care about social aspect, I just want to play the game, get done with the dungeon ASAP and I dont want to be forced to say a fake lines that I don't even mean just to get rewards.
    Exactly.
    Forced communication, forced interaction is not social.
    Other players are just a means to an end.
    Being social isn't just about what someone can do for you.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-05-05 at 11:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Yes, Vanilla LFG trade spam, getting "I'm in" requests and a simple "hi" during the entire run was social.
    Read the thread. I've already answered this twice - if all you could do in vanilla and TBC was trade PUGs you weren't trying. Guilds, friend list, etc. Use them.

The LFG tool isn't the problem, people don't want to be social and it's their entire right not to. Many just log and want to relax after a day of job.
    If someone doesn't want to be social do solo activities. But joining a group when you don't want to be social is silly. Imagine if you went to an after work sports activity and refused to talk to your team because you 'didn't want to be social'

They could add in a "Recent Players" thing like they have in Overwatch

Deleted
    Read the thread. I've already answered this twice - if all you could do in vanilla and TBC was trade PUGs you weren't trying. Guilds, friend list, etc. Use them.
    That assumption that people weren't part of guilds in Vanilla and TBC. It still doesn't answer to the topic at end.

If someone doesn't want to be social do solo activities. But joining a group when you don't want to be social is silly. Imagine if you went to an after work sports activity and refused to talk to your team because you 'didn't want to be social'
    So, people can't do dungeons/raids if they aren't social? What? Then how it was possible to do them for the past 12 years?

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post

Your system, rating people? Won't work.
    rating system works perfeckly in FFXIV - but that the game where GM dont mind banning toxic people and community policies themselves - if blizzard started to punish toxic behaviour system would work just fine

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    rating system works perfeckly in FFXIV - but that the game where GM dont mind banning toxic people and community policies themselves - if blizzard started to punish toxic behaviour system would work just fine
    Do people even get banned for trolling and etc now? I know you did back in TBC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    That assumption that people weren't part of guilds in Vanilla and TBC. It still doesn't answer to the topic at end.

So, people can't do dungeons/raids if they aren't social? What? Then how it was possible to do them for the past 12 years?
    Trolling? Dense? 14? I'm not sure.

Deleted
    Trolling? Dense? 14? I'm not sure.
    Just answer the questions (or don't) and lay down the ad hominems.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Players have to want a social experience.
    Harder content only forces cooperation, which is not the same as being social.
    Social is the choice to interact positively with others.
    It is not just more interaction.

Harder content is only going to result in yet more artificial requirements being added.
    Look at how that is going already.

The only way the social experience will be improved is by players who want it.

There are better tools now, but the willingness is not there.
    Look at how you can now keep up communication, and the wider variety of players you can experience content with.
    But instead we are seeing more segregation, more rules to isolate us from others.

We are anti-social, not the game.
    Big nods.

Makes me think about why WoW is like that. I've played other MMO's when they are new, and there is much more interacting in instances. Part of it is that people don't know wtf is going on, and so there are actual questions and explanations. So just the nature of new systems and people feeling a little overwhelmed leads to cooperation, and once they have cooperated, often that leads to social comments as well. But WoW doesn't have that feel at all. People know the instance even when the dungeon is launched due to streamers and youtube guides from "beta", they know their class, they know what needs to happen, and it's just goooo faaast.

So in the end, I think it has more to do with how familiar we are with WoW systems and goals. People want to finish the group stuff quick to move on to the next goal that they have. And I'm not sure ANY system can change that.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea. It'd be cool if there was a stats screen showing trivia about what happened during the run. The game already tracks this data anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I try to talk to people. Rarely do they ever reply. So I just keep talking.

Maybe I'm crazy. I probably am.

As for the OPs idea, people would use it to troll, though I think the system could help if everyone wasn't trying to be an internet "badass"

"WTF this tank took 3 seconds to wait for the healer? What a scrub 0/10"

"I pulled 20 mobs and the healer let me die 0/10"

"I'm a jerk lol 0/10"
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2016-05-07 at 03:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most social dungeons I ever had were when I had good friends in the game and we would either be typing foolishness or talking over a voice program.

I think a system where you get three rating choices ("very helpful", "no problems", and "no opinion") would be ideal. Also, no one person should be able to vote for another one person more than once unless it is an improvement, which replaces the old vote.

No one could game the system with bad feedback or ballet stuffing that way but it could still provide a good measure of the player in question.

You aren't going to make people anymore social than they are inclined to be, but you could eventually improve the overall PUG experience for everyone by grouping similar-voted people together.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2016-05-07 at 03:52 AM.