Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    until it gets a new date im going to assume its dead. theyve got plans for the mcu for the next decade. when not if could mean phase 4, could be 10 years from now before it even starts.
    Granted that I haven't read comics in 20 years, and I know they shifted "mutants" to "inhumans" for new folks, but I ever really thought of the Royal Family as that important or fun. They were folks who needed help from Fantastic Four or whatever to solve problems, not folks who went out and helped others. I would really rather see other characters first by far (especially Antman & Wasp, bump Inhumans to the pits of Gehenna for that.

I'm sure Inhumans have their fans (hell, even Aquaman has fans...), but their story never really did much for me.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Zoaric View Post
    For more from this interview, go here.
    Best part, which is true:
    FEIGE: I’ve said before, it’s a testament to Marvel and to the characters, and I think to the studios and to the films that we make, that we could announce 100 movies and people would go, “Well what about this character? What about this movie?”
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

i would murder black bolt with my bare hands if it meant id get the moon knight netflix series sooner
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got back from Civil War. Wrote a huge review for another site, but no one here would care so I'll boil it down to the essentials

YYYUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSS!! What a fucking film! Still 110% team Black Panther and as expected they make Iron man way too relatable. Action was on point and Tom Holland is EXCELLENT as Spoderman.

Also, not generally into anyone with the surname Olsen, but Wanda would get it.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    YYYUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSS!! What a fucking film! Still 110% team Black Panther and as expected they make Iron man way too relatable. Action was on point and Tom Holland is EXCELLENT as Spoderman.
    Yeah, that was the best spiderman yet. I hope he gets his own movies.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    They confirmed way back when that the Spiderman in the MCU will be in his own movie. First one is called Spiderman: Homecoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    3 movies already announced for him
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    3 movies already announced for him
    I hope the kid is completely in love with the character and working with Marvel.

I'd love to see him do 3 movies in high school, 3 in college, and 3 as an adult before recasting. Having a young actor that can grow up as Spider-Man and let us see Peter grow up would be great.

I wonder who the villain will be for Homecoming.
    Really hoping it won't just be Green Goblin again.
    Tempted to think small and have him tackle street level villains in the first movie to start things off like Hammerhead, Shocker or Tombstone.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I hope the kid is completely in love with the character and working with Marvel.

I'd love to see him do 3 movies in high school, 3 in college, and 3 as an adult before recasting. Having a young actor that can grow up as Spider-Man and let us see Peter grow up would be great.
    If they do this correctly, there would be no need to recast. The Current Spider-Man has Peter becoming a tech giant like Stark and Spider-Man becomes a global thing. It would allow them to do a more Batman esque story in terms of setting/action, but with the same levity that Peter brings.

Just finished up an arc around the Zodiac and it involved SHIELD, Bobbi, and a couple others. It would fit pretty well in the MCU. Then there is also doing Spider Gwen and a Spider-Verse type of deal that would be interesting. They'd need to get through the death of Gwen Stacy in the main movies, but then it would be a really cool story that would feel more like GotG in tone, but involve lots of Spider powers.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Granted that I haven't read comics in 20 years, and I know they shifted "mutants" to "inhumans" for new folks, but I ever really thought of the Royal Family as that important or fun. They were folks who needed help from Fantastic Four or whatever to solve problems, not folks who went out and helped others. I would really rather see other characters first by far (especially Antman & Wasp, bump Inhumans to the pits of Gehenna for that.
    *nods*
    They were secondary characters for the longest time. And they were fairly isolated. Even more so than the Eternals.

I think Marvel is just biding its time for "mutants." And phase 4 will be a time to rewrite a lot of stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How was the accent? Did Holland do a good job maintaining it or did his normal speaking voice come through a bit at times?
    Accent was Solid. He doesn't have that many lines, but I didn't notice any slips ups in them.

FAR more excited for his solo film now.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by theun View Post
    I wonder who the villain will be for Homecoming.
    Really hoping it won't just be Green Goblin again.
    Tempted to think small and have him tackle street level villains in the first movie to start things off like Hammerhead, Shocker or Tombstone.
    They've said it won't be a villain that's been used in any previous film.

Personally, I would like Mysterio to start off, but rumors have swirled that Vulture will appear (though he may not be the primary villain. He could just be an opening action sequence for all we know).

10+ Year Old Account
    They've said it won't be a villain that's been used in any previous film.

Personally, I would like Mysterio to start off, but rumors have swirled that Vulture will appear (though he may not be the primary villain. He could just be an opening action sequence for all we know).
    Mysterio would be better left for when they've developed Peter more. Vulture is a great first pick, because they can develop the hero and villain in a realistic way instead of making electro a weird flying disaster movie. And to be quite fair, I think they will need to do GG at some point b/c as awesome as Willem Dafoe is, that character has not been done very well overall. Though imagine if these movies were so successful we could finally see Maximum Carnage as a movie.
    BAD WOLF

I was hoping Keaton would be Osborn, actually. I'm sure they'll eventually have a proper Green Goblin, just no need out the gate. Whoever he was in talks to play, looks like that was a short lived discussion.

And does Mysterio need a more developed Peter? Mysterio is a pretty down to earth villain, he's just special effects and tricks in his original form. And a lot of CG fun to be had, plus all the fish bowl cracks.

I doubt we'll ever see Carnage, let alone Maximum Carnage. We'd need a development for the symbiote suit's introduction, a proper Venom film, and then Carnage. It's a lot of time spent on basically the same villain twice over. Plus Carnage doesn't lend himself to the more PG-13 light hearted tone they will likely keep with Spidey. I'd say you can push towards the higher range of PG-13 with Venom and accomplish a better film than anything with Carnage. There's more psychological aspects to work with on Venom when he's done right since he was one of the first villains to use Peter's secret identity against him.

And don't get me wrong, as cliche 90s as it was, I enjoyed Maximum Carnage when it was being published.

I would like to see Marvel handle the build up and climax of a Spider-Man vs Sinister Six storyline, though.

thats why they got an 18 year old. this peter is only 15 years old for a reason. hes the next rdj.

with rdj leaving he'll be the connective tissue for atleast the next 3 phases like iron man was for the infinity gem arc.

- - - Updated - - -

wrote a long post about why id love shocker and how id use him but im on mobile and it didnt post...

might post it later when at my pc

Deleted
    Will Inhumans (2019) have a relation between what’s happening now on Agents of Shield with the Hydra God or probably a Kree invasion to kill off the Inhumans (maybe having a link to Guardians of the Galaxy)? I don‘t follow the comics, any experts around that could make an educated guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphalitz View Post
    Will Inhumans (2019) have a relation between what’s happening now on Agents of Shield with the Hydra God or probably a Kree invasion to kill off the Inhumans (maybe having a link to Guardians of the Galaxy)? I don‘t follow the comics, any experts around that could make an educated guess?
    I don't see AoS being connected to the movie universe in any capacity beyond vague references. Any Inhumans in the show may reference Attilan or wherever, but you won't see Black Bolt or any major player there. Has nothing to do with comics tbh, just totally disconnected productions.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Alphalitz View Post
    i dont think inhumans is happening anymore and even if it does i dont see agents of shield ever crossing over with the mcu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I don't see AoS being connected to the movie universe in any capacity beyond vague references. Any Inhumans in the show may reference Attilan or wherever, but you won't see Black Bolt or any major player there. Has nothing to do with comics tbh, just totally disconnected productions.
    It'll be a one way connection. The events of the movies will continue to reflect on the show but you'll never hear about the tv show in the movies. That might be for all the television properties.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.