Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookes View Post
    Haven't really been keeping up with the updates in Legion, but out of curiosity I decided to poke around on a calculator and noticed my favorite ability is being taken away. I've been on the rocks about playing my Rogue in Legion (or even playing legion at all) and I think this was just frosting on the cake. I've played my Rogue since mid vanilla, it's always been such a fun class but now it just seems extremely dull.

Blizzard Logic: Take a way movement from rogues because people complain and give DH 17 movement abilities..
    GL HF?

If you want to provide meaningful feedback then do so in a proper way?

This is just whining for the sake of whining.

A different angle on the:

"DIS GAEM SACKS! I GO NO. FU!"

Demon Hunters are going to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more overpowered than BoS Rogue as flag carriers.

BoS wasn't overpowered..most PVE raiding Rogues and high rated Rogues used Shadow Step.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    to be fair bos is a really dumb ability for everyone but the rogue
    As a Rogue, it was a dumb ability for us, too. We were often forced to take it just so we could even get close to some classes, which fucked up our energy for when we eventually got to them. Now it's gone, we are able to get mobility in other places, and other classes get their mobility toned back down as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
    But why does it matter? How does it hurt the game? You aren't explaining why, you're just saying that it is. The only time i've seen people complain about it was in flag-running bgs. I also see people complaining about tanks who are near impossible to kill while running the flag as well, does it mean that tanks should be nerfed in every other aspect of the game because of flag-running bgs? Even if it is too powerful in that one circumstance, then just make it not usable while running a flag. How does it hurt the game if I want to be able to grind mobs with a 70% movement speed buff?
    In legion all specs have their own set stats, pvp gear is like pve gear, no specific pvp stats on gear, you won't get ridiculous tanks ever again or super fast broken anything carrying flags, you have sprint, and other ways to get around quick enough, not to mention you get to go like 30% faster while stealthed in the first place. Every expansion blizzard changes things, it is what makes the game fresh and fun, keeping the same is boring, hell I play a DK and almost everything about 2 of the specs is changing and I love it.

I have played a Rogue for years and it is convenient and nice to have but from what I have seen and played in Alpha (Friend got an invite) with the limited amount of time I have been in not a big deal to me personally.

Seriously, I would be totally happy if they made it so it didn't work in BG's, or Arena's, but removing it outright is a slap in the face. This was such a useful ability for farming, leveling, grinding. Being able to maintain decent speed while in stealth, and going from mob to mob was amazing. Now we have to go back to the old way of mounting up, inadvertently aggroing something from somewhere, getting in combat, having to blow vanish cooldown, and then go to attack the mob only to have your opener get evade bugged. What fun that was. May as well remove stealth too while you're at it.
    Considering stealth doesn't even reduces speed anymore (in fact, it even INCREASES it if you're a NE...), I don't see the logic of your post...
    It's retarded enough that trying to be cautious makes you... faster ?
    (why did they even changed it to begin with ? It used to REDUCE speed by 30 % initially)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should of just made it unusable in PVP. That might of been better but it definitely was a strong ability. I remember seeing it in WoD for the first time and I was like "Wow that really is still there."

At the same time though, it seems a lot of classes are losing mobility.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I would be happy with "Stealth Only" requirement..

ops post tldr :

Hi i play rogue since vanilla but since they are removing a ability that they added in MoP i cant play this class anymore , qq pls fix

With all the constant passive slows BoS was needed to just connect on anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, I would be totally happy if they made it so it didn't work in BG's, or Arena's, but removing it outright is a slap in the face. This was such a useful ability for farming, leveling, grinding. Being able to maintain decent speed while in stealth, and going from mob to mob was amazing. Now we have to go back to the old way of mounting up, inadvertently aggroing something from somewhere, getting in combat, having to blow vanish cooldown, and then go to attack the mob only to have your opener get evade bugged. What fun that was. May as well remove stealth too while you're at it.
    You mean you'll have to actually play the game like other people do?!? What the hell?!

And seriously did you just say may as well remove stealth while they're at it? Do you realize rogues and stealth have been in game since 2004 and that they were actually totally fine without bos.

Everyone's mobility and CC got nerfed. You aren't the only one. Too many get out of jail free cards for every class. Not every class and spec needs get out of jail ability. Thats what your partner or raid ally is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I find that hard to believe - BoS rogues changed how flag carry maps worked, because it was impossible to intercept the flag carrier before he picked up the flag, meaning that your strategic options became far more limited in WoD. Then when he got the flag, his ability to run faster than everyone else continuously while in combat meant he was impossible to catch once he got away. Those are both incredibly powerful capabilities.

What does demon hunter have?

[.
    You plebs need to bow down to your new overlords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pgra59TY_g

I guess you are going to quit again lol?
    Last edited by Mafic; 2016-05-04 at 12:13 AM.

BoS should have never been added to the game. The only reason we got in that position was blizzard went crazy with mobility and CC for other classes while leaving step in its TBC condition.

7+ Year Old Account
    BoS was super nice but also way OP I'm sad to see it gone but it's good for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    You plebs need to bow down to your new overlords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pgra59TY_g

I guess you are going to quit again lol?
    Some dh were able to fly across WG with the flag at the beginning of alpha but there was a blue post about it saying it will be fix. Also the vid is from jan when many thing were still broken, I would like to see a dh running the flag on current alpha. They might end up being the strongest FC but I don't think they will be op, there's always a "best" FC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    BoS was super nice but also way OP I'm sad to see it gone but it's good for the game.

Some dh were able to fly across WG with the flag at the beginning of alpha but there was a blue post about it saying it will be fix. Also the vid is from jan when many thing were still broken, I would like to see a dh running the flag on current alpha. They might end up being the strongest FC but I don't think they will be op, there's always a "best" FC.
    High rated arena players and mythic raiders used Shadow step over BoS. Thus, it wasn't overpowered.

And they haven't changed Demon Hunter mobility since then. Enjoy the new overlords you plebs.

maybe now i won't get a bunch of bullshit for not wanting to be flag carrier.

i'll miss it when farming old raids, but i definitely won't miss it in bgs.

Deleted
    Here's another place where this ability is op. I have a geared healer, but in a random bg, a rogue with no gear can render me useless because they can chase me all over the map in stealth continuously ccing me. This happens pretty frequently, completely ruins the fun of the game, and is actually my biggest complaint with WoD pvp.
    if you cant kill an undergeared rogue as a geared disc priest then just uninstall the game

Who says I'm a disc priest? And the context of BG healing usually means I'm trying to keep up with an FC or whatever, I'm not trying to kill the damn rogue I'm trying to get away quickly and do my job. Stopping to kill him is a waste of time, particularly if he can just stealth and run away when he gets low in health.
    In Legion they have given some melee even greater uptime than a BoS Rogue on live. Yeah PVP in Legion is very wonky.

you can smell the "i have a rogue and i think it's OP" bullshit all over this thread.