Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That one was a pretty decent episode. Metatron was fairly likable.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    1. Her served his purpose and finished writing the Winchester gospel, and thus moved on to heaven.
    2. He moved on so Kevin was the only one alive, that was the 200th episode, and he could of popped down from heaven to stop by it his story he wrote after all. Also the only 1 profit could of been as the the only one who can read the tablet, which is why he is the "Keeper of the word"
    so you still think Chuck isn't God?

Deleted
    Oh Chuck's god.

What a surprise.

Said no one ever.

Good episode.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Oh Chuck's god.

What a surprise.

Said no one ever.

Good episode.
    yeah no real surprise. loved the world's greatest Dad coffee mug when he first reveals himself to Metatron. so looks like he is finally getting his hands dirty

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Chuck (God) really kinda disappointed me. I didn't expect him to need guidance on saving his "creations". He came off cold, detached and very self-absorbed, and it felt like he viewed humans as just some lab experiment, that he couldn't be bothered to save.

This may have been what the writers were going for, but I don't like that they decided to show God like that. I'm sure they could have found another reason to explain his absence, that didn't make God seem so... douchey.
    The only complaint I had was he didn't seem insecure enough. In the source material he is all about wanting acknowledgement, even up to the point where he would threaten death.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Chuck (God) really kinda disappointed me. I didn't expect him to need guidance on saving his "creations". He came off cold, detached and very self-absorbed, and it felt like he viewed humans as just some lab experiment, that he couldn't be bothered to save.

This may have been what the writers were going for, but I don't like that they decided to show God like that. I'm sure they could have found another reason to explain his absence, that didn't make God seem so... douchey.
    I dunno, it gave him a lot of background. and he kind of stopped being a sit on his hands douchebag in the end. and yeah, Metatron has really turned around and acknowledged that he was a massive dick. hope he sticks around a bit longer
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2016-05-05 at 12:43 PM.

Deleted

Supernatural God has always been a dick.

Deleted
    What a fantastic episode! We got (nearly) everything we love in this episode Chuck, Metatron, Good Jokes ("I put Castiel back together more time than I can count").
    Nice to see that the story now keeps rolling, cant wait for next week = more Chuck!

Yeah, but did you catch the part where he said he had no soul? It could be the fact they made God douchey because well, he kinda was in the old testament, or they did a nice twist and didnt give him a soul. And if you remember from season 6 Sam, having no soul is pretty bad. Heck, it was shown in this season too.

very good episode.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    What a fantastic episode! We got (nearly) everything we love in this episode Chuck, Metatron, Good Jokes ("I put Castiel back together more time than I can count").
    Nice to see that the story now keeps rolling, cant wait for next week = more Chuck!
    3 episodes to go, they are all going to be awesome. My favourite joke was the one he made about the season 1 episode 'Bugs' - it has been voted one of the worst supernatural episodes ever

10+ Year Old Account

The remaining episodes better not be filler...you can't just let god loose on earth and then go back to killing horny alien underground crabs :s
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2016-05-05 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I dunno if the gen-OT rules of religion being banned topic apply here as well, but God is a major duche in the bible as well.
    Yeah but the motivations seem way different. In the show he doesn't seem to care if he's worshiped or not. In the source material it's all "BELIEVE IN ME! LOVE ME! I WILL UNLEASH MY FURY IF YOU DON'T!"

I was hoping that Chuck wasn't God but was in fact Jesus, and God was a classic Rock musician.

some people need to understand that series and movies will never follow the lore in the books 100%.Marvel comic based movies do not follow Marvel comics properly.same goes with DC.movies and series about Werewolves and Vampires also don't follow their respective lore properly.in short,they will decide what will they do with their Universe's.

Deleted
    That's how God seems to be represented in this show. I'm guessing your comment was more of a joke, since your username is Gaberiel?
    You can hate on it all you want but for me Chuck is the best ever presentation of God in anything (followed closely by Dogma).

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    You can hate on it all you want but for me Chuck is the best ever presentation of God in anything (followed closely by Dogma).
    WHAT! Heck no! Morgan Freeman >>>>>>> Chuck >> THEN DOGMA..... Nothing is better than Morgan Freeman, HE IS GOD!

Deleted
    If you were God. You would be arrogant too. If one person holds that much power, it's the inevitable outcome. Does not matter how good and kind you were before, eventually you will be corrupted and change for worse. Chuck is exactly how God would be, and I think supernatural wrote his character perfectly.

The way Chuck plays God is also a good twist on modern society. Modern society also hides in their safe places to weather through tough times, albeit alone. Those that do care (even when they are struggling themselves) and fight for others will always be the ones that win, no matter what, because when it really comes to it and they really need help, they will receive help of those they've helped in the past.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2016-05-05 at 10:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Yeah, but did you catch the part where he said he had no soul? It could be the fact they made God douchey because well, he kinda was in the old testament, or they did a nice twist and didnt give him a soul. And if you remember from season 6 Sam, having no soul is pretty bad. Heck, it was shown in this season too.
    God's lack of a soul is not comparable to that at all.

God predates souls. His true form was kinda shown, he's pure light, like the angels.

He's a dick, but he is not without emotions or compassion.

The last 5 minutes of the episode hit me hard! The feels man... The feels...