Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Why is suicide on the increase?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ica-skyrockets
    why is it? First world countries. We have got everything: Sliced bread, internet and memes. The memes Jack! The memes!

Is it because of capitalism? Just kidding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suicide always increases during economic downturns.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Suicide always increases during economic downturns.
    but they just give up! Can't they wait for better times? Death comes anyway, why hurry?

7+ Year Old Account
    Because slowly killing yourself with alcohol takes too long for some.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Numerous theories and ideas on the why, but most of it boils down to stress & anxiety.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    White men killing themselves because of white privilege.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    but they just give up! Can't they wait for better times? Death comes anyway, why hurry?
    Maybe they don't like getting old.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its because children these days are so coddled and can't be told about anything negative and never experience losing. Every child is 'special and important and a winner,' and every kid gets a participation award regardless of what happens. Children are not taught how to take a loss, or what experiencing losing is all about, so the first time they experience a hard loss, i.e. a break up, they think the only answer is suicide. I blame the participation awards.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    US mental healthcare is terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suicide for whites is on the increase.

And we've been told that whites killing themselves is ethical. So we're just being ethical.

Tumblr allowing the mentally ill to circlejerk and encourage each others' lunacy

Quote Originally Posted by Zandro View Post
    Its because children these days are so coddled and can't be told about anything negative and never experience losing. Every child is 'special and important and a winner,' and every kid gets a participation award regardless of what happens. Children are not taught how to take a loss, or what experiencing losing is all about, so the first time they experience a hard loss, i.e. a break up, they think the only answer is suicide. I blame the participation awards.
    these are middle aged men. But i don't disagree completely.

its cuse men are told to check their privilege and when they do they realize that they havnt suffered as much as non privileged peoples so they kill themselves

10+ Year Old Account
    How long can you wait without food? A week? Maybe 2?

The increase is also typically among people who already had underlying mental issues and were covering that up, often with overworking. As soon as they stop, the existential dread sets in and it pushes them over the edge.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    these are middle aged men. But i don't disagree completely.
    I was just most baffled by the article stating that suicide is the third leading cause of death in those age 15-24 - so I was speaking more toward that generation specifically that the whole article.
    I just think things come way too easily these days, so when things get hard, people don't know how to deal with it - and I think it's getting worse with every generation.

why is it? First world countries. We have got everything: Sliced bread, internet and memes. The memes Jack! The memes!

its because memes only get 15sec of fame instead of 15mins, and the people just cant take it any more... its so hard to come up with them.

first of all... i need to see the full picture of your avatar.

secondly, idk. maybe more people are realizing what a bullshit waste of existence this world is.

Three words: Trump vs Clinton
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by VTerpsichore View Post
    its because memes only get 15sec of fame instead of 15mins, and the people just cant take it any more... its so hard to come up with them.
    meme withdrawal is nothing to toy with.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Three words: Trump vs Clinton
    there is no lesser of two evils there.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    its cuse men are told to check their privilege and when they do they realize that they havnt suffered as much as non privileged peoples so they kill themselves
    LOL! This!!!