Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    first of all... i need to see the full picture of your avatar.

secondly, idk. maybe more people are realizing what a bullshit waste of existence this world is.
    That avatar is an ugly picture.

There are much more uh...flattering pictures of Whitemane out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    there is no lesser of two evils there.
    Write-in for Cthulhu?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandro View Post
    Its because children these days are so coddled and can't be told about anything negative and never experience losing. Every child is 'special and important and a winner,' and every kid gets a participation award regardless of what happens. Children are not taught how to take a loss, or what experiencing losing is all about, so the first time they experience a hard loss, i.e. a break up, they think the only answer is suicide. I blame the participation awards.
    How does this affect 35 to 64 yr olds?

I just think things come way too easily these days
    Some things do, but are they the things that people need for good mental health?

In some cases the things that come way too easily are how they get themselves in a situation where they end up killing themselves in the first place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    How does this affect 35 to 64 yr olds?
    I was just most baffled by the article stating that suicide is the third leading cause of death in those age 15-24 - so I was speaking more toward that generation specifically that the whole article.
    I just think things come way too easily these days, so when things get hard, people don't know how to deal with it - and I think it's getting worse with every generation.
    I posted this shortly after.

The same reason Trump just won the Republican nomination.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    first of all... i need to see the full picture of your avatar.

secondly, idk. maybe more people are realizing what a bullshit waste of existence this world is.
    uhh, Shina. Not going to link but you can google "Shina warcraft".
    ͜ʖ ͡°

Because life sucks for most ppl who aren't rich. Pretty simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The same reason Trump just won the Republican nomination.
    Hehehehehe.....this country is gonna go fubar.

Deleted
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ica-skyrockets
    why is it? First world countries. We have got everything: Sliced bread, internet and memes. The memes Jack! The memes!

Is it because of capitalism? Just kidding.
    BECAUSE you got everything. Honestly, when you're too busy working and have things to aspire to or get one day, you never think about killing yourself. But once you got pretty much fucking everything, you either start doing drugs because Life just doesn't have anything left for you to obtain, or you just become depressed and kill yourself.

Because life is overrated ? I mean you live and then you die.

What you do in between is totally irrelevant. Fear of death is some bs people put in your brain so you don't realise it's pointless.

Death is not a big deal, neither is life.

You do what you want.

Homophobia is so gay.

People are better informed
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Suicide actually goes up as a country's economic prosperity increases.

Some speculate it's precisely because a person is relatively well off. You know you should be happy, and yet you are still sad and life is miserable for w/e reason (usually against forces you feel helpless against). Depression is also a very tunnel vision force, a person with depression has trouble even imagining a better life. Living in poverty (not falling into, mind you) actually tends to see reduced suicide rates because you know what your struggles are, and that is why you are sad but you know what you are fighting.

Anyway, take the first explanation of feeling like there isn't a good reason to be sad, and then add the stress and anxiety of economic struggles giving an even bleaker outlook of the future, and it can be a perfect storm.

All that is VERY general obviously, specific circumstances vary a lot.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I personally think it's partially because there is no great frontier for mankind to explore. Space programs around the world are stalled and barely moving and there's very little interest (and a lot of difficulty and expense) in exploring the deep oceans. Most of us have that drive to go to unexplored places and learn new things, make a live for ourselves... but that's not really applicable in the modern world where all the land is owned and there are detailed maps and surveys for everything.

I posted this shortly after.
    Suicide rates among teens and young adults is mostly unchanged for the last 15 years. In fact, it is lower now than it was back in the 1980s.

but they just give up! Can't they wait for better times? Death comes anyway, why hurry?
    You going to feed, house, clothe, etc those people in the mean time?

When you lose the house over your head, your family and friends, and even the means to feel safe and fed every night, suicide starts to look like a mighty fine option. It's really not about giving up, but having no better options. We have a horrible mental health system in this country, and admitting you need help often comes with a stigma and discrimination that's really hard to shake. When you're having a mental health issue, that's hard enough to deal with. When you pile on the discrimination and how that negatively effects your life and working conditions, it's a recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Suicide rates among teens and young adults is mostly unchanged for the last 15 years. In fact, it is lower now than it was back in the 1980s.
    So communism actually kills!

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Suicide always increases during economic downturns.
    Wrong.. I had a team mate in my Soccer team commit suicide and his parents where well off financially.

It can affect anyone..Rich, poor..and it is very had to pin down the reasons or predict anyone that may self harm.
    I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.

Because mental illness is normalized, enabled and in some cases even glorified instead of being treated.
    A DWARF IS ONLY AS STRONG AS HER HAMMER.

Deleted
    i guess some people are just walking a tight rope most of the time. underneath that tight rope is a pit of despair and they dont see no way out of it once they slip off.
    its hard to why its on the rise. problems arise every day for people. if they are walking that tight rope the problem might be enough to push them off and down they fall.