Poll: If Bernie doesn't get the nomination...

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    If Bernie doesn't get the nomination, I'll vote Trump over Hillary. She's the embodiment of everything I don't like in the government.

Writing in Bernie Sanders either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump. If it's gonna be bad, might as well make it funny.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Supreme Count Appointments are pretty huge. While that's not always an immediate impact, Presidential elections are always important because of that. You also have foreign policies that can be largely impacted by the actions of the President and the SoS, and decisions and rules coming down from Cabinet Department leadership can also have a big impact on the country.

Department of the Treasury, Defense, Interior, Agriculture, Commerce, Labor, Health and Human Services, Energy (among others) can potentially have a big positive or negative impact on the welfare of the country.
    Sure, but congress can pretty much ignore the executive with a 2/3rds majority.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Izalia View Post
    If Bernie doesn't get the nomination, I'll vote Trump over Hillary. She's the embodiment of everything I don't like in the government.
    I agree. If I had to pick between the two, that's the way I would go as well.

Although I wouldn't pick Bernie from the get go, but that's a different matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Sadly to the average Trump supporter, debates are about name calling and have nothing to do with policy.
    I don't know if that is true, pretty sure the name calling went both ways. Will there be name calling in the Trump - Clinton debates? Probably, although Trump said he wanted to take the high road instead of the low road on the stipulation that Hillary do the same... and we ALL know that ain't going to happen. Name calling is the Democratic Party's main platform. Republicans are racist, bigoted, gay bashing neo-nazi fascists who want to destroy this country and any who don't go along with their totalitarian regime. They want poor people and minorities to suffer. The ridiculous thing is that people actually believe that crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.

I honestly wonder what would happen if Trump and Sanders became the nominees and during a debate Trump pissed off Bernie so badly by being a dick, that Bernie had a heart attack and keeled over.

What a interesting day that would be for the country.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    I don't know if that is true, pretty sure the name calling went both ways. Will there be name calling in the Trump - Clinton debates? Probably, although Trump said he wanted to take the high road instead of the low road on the stipulation that Hillary do the same... and we ALL know that ain't going to happen. Name calling is the Democratic Party's main platform. Republicans are racist, bigoted, gay bashing neo-nazi fascists who want to destroy this country and any who don't go along with their totalitarian regime. They want poor people and minorities to suffer. The ridiculous thing is that people actually believe that crap.
    Hillary is a policy wonk and has mastery on a wide variety of issues - Trump is in over is head and will look like a dipshit. He has no choice but to go to name calling (e.g. Little Marco, Lyin Ted, and Crooked Hillary) while his base laps this up like thirsty dogs and think he is winning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I honestly wonder what would happen if Trump and Sanders became the nominees and during a debate Trump pissed off Bernie so badly by being a dick, that Bernie had a heart attack and keeled over.

While that is a morbid thought, I can just imagine Bernie wagging his finger at The Donald the whole time.

“You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Hillary is a policy wonk and has mastery on a wide variety of issues - Trump is in over is head and will look like a dipshit. He has no choice but to go to name calling (e.g. Little Marco, Lyin Ted, and Crooked Hillary) while his base laps this up like thirsty dogs and think he is winning.
    Like I said, name calling is the Democratic Party's main platform. Keep proving me right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    still not an argument lol
    you never presented one to begin with.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post

You honestly wonder that? Cannabis involved in that wondering?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    That fact that *any* Bernie supporter would turn to Trump instead of H is very very bad news for her.
    A very small minority. But going by most polls, Hillary will have will by 10-20% over Trump right now and the debates haven't even started. Hillary will destroy him on all grounds there and he can run off stage again and say she screams during debates and then refuse to debate with her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    With Hillary you would basically be getting 4 more years of Obama only maybe slightly worse.

With Trump... Idk, that guy says a lot but who knows if he can/will follow through what he is spouting.

Better the devil you know imo.
    He can't, similar situation as bernie. both of them have little to no support inside the partition they run for.

Them passing any laws is virtually 0 percent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, name calling is the Democratic Party's main platform. Keep proving me right.
    Seriously? Name calling exists on both sides - and in equal measure - if you think it doesn't you are fooling yourself. But you seem to be confusing my name calling with the content of my comment, which was about the debate between Hillary and The Donald. Donald is in over his head and, as evidenced by previous debates, he will resort to name calling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Name calling is the Democratic Party's main platform.
    Really?

https://youtu.be/8DbsCgwVVIc?t=5

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    the positives outweigh the negatives, and trump admits to all his wrongs, hillary admits to zero lol
    I link you his own site, listing his wrongs as policy and this is your reply?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

15+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty fun triggering stumped Trump-ettes. For all the criticism they have of Hillary, there is at least one thing that can be pointed out about Trump. She's a crook and under investigation? Nothing definitive yet, and Trump is the one with a court date and a conviction coming up. She's a shill and a wall street crony? Trump made his fortune off that shit. She's a liar? He regularly lies to investors, benefactors, the IRS, etc. She hates America? Trump still has factories in China and uses illegal immigrant labor. And every single time, the excuses about these fly around.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    All of those sound like pretty good proposals to me, especially when taken in context. Ever hear of Cherry Picking? You're doing it.
    I gave you the link to his site. You are free to go read it your self, if you think I am cherry picking. There are only 7 topics on his site, there isn't much to even cherry pick. You are also free to dispute anything I said. As is, me linking his own site being cherry picking, is just an example of a Trump supporter obsessed with celebrity. I'm sorry that Paris Hilton are not running, you are free to write her in... She matches Trump on every point you support him on, just without a dick, lawsuit history and with youth...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I link you his own site, listing his wrongs as policy and this is your reply?
    It's better than his "if you are against Trump you are for China and North Korea" arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    It's better than his "if you are against Trump you are for China and North Korea" arguments.
    The best part of it for me, is the fact that his proposals, on his own site... are so absurd... That even his supporters don't believe they are real or legitimate...

It's nothing, but his celebrity. I used to talk shit about Trump's evaluation of his name being worth 6 billion. That stops here... Worth every penny... If only Leona Helmsley knew...

I get that there are a lot of people who feel disenfranchised for a plethora of individual reasons. The bad news for Sanders' supporters is the large majority of your votes or no votes simply will not matter and will have no impact on this election unless they live in one of the few key swing states. Frankly the names in this election are irrelevant in comparison to the D or R next to their name.

If you look at the six previous General Elections the numbers significantly favor a Democrat. A Democrat is going into this race with a 242 electoral vote lead compared to their Republican rival who has 102 electoral votes. Let's look at the numbers.

Blue states 242 (Electoral Votes):
    California 55, Connecticut 7, Delaware 3, DC 3, Hawaii 4, Illinois 20, Maine 4, Maryland 10, Massachusetts 11, Michigan 16, Minnesota 10, New Jersey 14, New York 29, Oregon 7, Pennsylvania 20, Rode Island 4, Vermont 3, Washington 12, Wisconsin 10

Red States 102 (Electoral Votes):
    Alabama 9, Alaska 3, Idaho 4, Kansas 6, Mississippi 6, Nebraska 5, North Dakota 3, Oklahoma 7, South Carolina 9, South Dakota 3, Texas 38, Utah 6 Wyoming 3

These states voted blue or red respectively in the last six General Elections. There are 194 electoral votes up for grabs in the remaining 19 states. If Clinton only won Florida (29) who voted blue 3 out of the last 6 elections she puts it away with 271 electoral votes. That is just one possible outcome.

Unfortunately for those of you that would be willing to flip your vote from Sanders to Trump, your vote will have no impact unless you live in a key swing state like Colorado, Florida, Nevada, Ohio, Tennessee, and Virginia.