Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    No, she stole 3.3 million. $4.6 million was accidentally transferred to her account, and she somehow managed to spend $3.3 million of it (on fucking handbags) before they stopped her, then tried to flee the country.
    No she didn't. If 4.6mil is put into your bank account you have done nothing wrong, and have every right to spend it. The only one responsible is the one who transferred it to you, and he should be charged the 4.6mil debt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    but the second I saw her pic, really I didn't expect much. typical modern age smartphone duckface girl with 0 brain. bags...mother of god bags...
    LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    It wasn't wrongfully transferred to her account; it was a gift from Dr. David Mgumbi, who had sent her an e-mail asking her to hold onto it while his government sorted out the estate of an African prince! She gave him her bank account info and he moved the funds into it for safekeeping.
    LOL what? This isn't legal at all, there are legal ways to safekeep it without sending it off to a third party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Start here?
    Are they Mary Poppins' magic bags?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bank's fault, she shouldn't be held criminally liable. Someone just gave her millions of dollars. It doesn't matter if it was an accident.

That being said, handbags? And she's a chem engineer? Super disappointed right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd 100% tell the bank, not risking that shit. It's not my money, I don't deserve millions of someone elses money. They'd eventually catch on and I'd go to jail, not worth it.

Of course it was the bank's fault that the money ended up there, but you'd have to be a fucking idiot to think that she shouldn't be held liable for spending it.

If it isn't your money then it isn't your money.

if the bank screws up and sends me free money i should be entitled to keep it. likewise if they screw up and overcharge me i should be responsible enough to tell them. the fact the bank couldnt figure this shit out for a year means they need a harsh wake up call.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Of course it was the bank's fault that the money ended up there, but you'd have to be a fucking idiot to think that she shouldn't be held liable for spending it.

If it isn't your money then it isn't your money.
    But it was put in your bank account. Who's to say that it isn't yours? Is there some clause that says the bank determines what in your account you actually own?

If you bring your car to a repairman for new tires and he slaps on a new coat of paint in addition to the tires, are you the one paying for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    But it was put in your bank account. Who's to say that it isn't yours? Is there some clause that says the bank determines what in your account you actually own?

If you bring your car to a repairman for new tires and he slaps on a new coat of paint in addition to the tires, are you the one paying for it?
    Of course it isn't yours. A mistake isn't the same as a gift. No one walked up to you and put money into your hand. A bank account isn't the same thing as your pocket. To think such a thing is grossly misunderstanding what a bank account actually is and what responsibilities are involved with maintaining one.

If you don't know where the money came from, you neither earned it nor was it willingly given to you, then consider it ill gotten gains until whoever gave it to you can tell you that they don't want it back. Spending ill gotten gains can and should get you in trouble.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Of course it isn't yours. A mistake isn't the same as a gift. No one walked up to you and put money into your hand. A bank account isn't the same thing as your pocket. To think such a thing is grossly misunderstanding what a bank account actually is and what responsibilities are involved with maintaining one.

If you don't know where the money came from, you neither earned it nor was it willingly given to you, then consider it ill gotten gains until whoever gave it to you can tell you that they don't want it back. Spending ill gotten gains can and should get you in trouble.
    It isn't ill gotten, the person has done absolutely nothing to make it appear in their account. Remember the saying "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth".

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It isn't ill gotten, the person has done absolutely nothing to make it appear in their account. Remember the saying "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth".
    You'd have to be mentally challenged to assume it was a gift. Money doesn't just appear from nowhere, and no one gets random gifts to their bank accounts. Unless you know that someone MEANT to give it to you, then it isn't a gift.

When it comes to large sums of money, if you can't determine how it came to be in your possession, it's best to just leave it be. Unless, I suppose, you know it can't be traced back to you, which is obviously not the case when it comes to electronic bank records.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably do the same thing, except leave the country and not spend over a million on hand bags.

Deleted
    Ye people are forgetting when you open an account you sign a contract that most people don't read that covers getting wrong transfers. But with that sum of money idea have to think really carefully of my next step as id begin to form a plan of how to get the money out asap get fake papers to the U.S as i dont want them to track me to the U.S via my passport being used. Once in america i will assume a new identity bribe a goverment offical to get my social security number to be classes as a u.s citizen. Then kick back and enjoy life but i havent really though about it

No, she stole 3.3 million. $4.6 million was accidentally transferred to her account, and she somehow managed to spend $3.3 million of it (on fucking handbags) before they stopped her, then tried to flee the country.
    She didn't actually steal any moneyl. There was no money transferred into her account. She was mistakenly given an unlimited overdraft. She spent a lot of money on shit but she didn't actually steal any of it. The worst that she has done is dig herself into a hole where she will never be able to pay back the OD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Propheteu View Post
    Once in america i will assume a new identity bribe a goverment offical to get my social security number to be classes as a u.s citizen. Then kick back and enjoy life but i havent really though about it
    With that kind of money, America would be the last place I'd be looking for shelter.

4.6m dollars will *buy* you a small country, or an island at the very least and the political asylum & anonymity you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    She didn't steal anything, they made the mistake, sucks to be them.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    With that kind of money, America would be the last place I'd be looking for shelter.

4.6m dollars will *buy* you a small country, or an island at the very least and the political asylum & anonymity you need.
    This is the smallest country by value, your 4.6mil wouldn't even be able to pay half of it. Even the smallest of countries is worth several hundreds of millions, if you consider all the buildings and assets located in them.

15+ Year Old Account
    What a fucking idiot for not running with the money sooner. Take out the money, buy some house somewhere under a fake id/name and you're golden for the rest of your life.

She didn't steal anything imo. She was given an insane amount of credit. It's technically her money that she's spending since she has to pay it back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    She didn't steal anything imo. She was given an insane amount of credit. It's technically her money that she's spending since she has to pay it back.
    She shouldn't have to pay it back, it was given to her without her having done anything to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    She spent money that wasn't hers.

That seems pretty criminal.
    So do you think I should be arrested when I use my credit card? Such an asinine statement.