Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's fairly obvious that the subs are dwindling down, we all know that.

I can't say I blame Blizzard for halting the release of the quarterly sub numbers though. People care way too much about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    I said the q1 results. Google it.
    No, you have to post a source. The burden of proof is on you because you made the claim.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You have to actually link to the place and not just "WELL ITS THAT PLACE" You might as well be saying "GOOGLE IT YOU LAZIES"

It's mind numbing people don't post sources for their wild claims.
    How is it a wild claim? And yes, you ARE lazy if you can't even look it up for yourself. Do you have to be spoon fed everything?

You have to actually link to the place and not just "WELL ITS THAT PLACE" You might as well be saying "GOOGLE IT YOU LAZIES"

meh. This Give it to me now and easy attitude is why Blizzard changed their game in the first place.

/eyeroll grow up.

No, you have to post a source. The burden of proof is on you because you made the claim.
    Lol you're truly inept. I have edit the first post to include it. Feel free to pretend to read it then to challenge my views.

This isn't a court of law Ironside...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    How is it a wild claim? And yes, you ARE lazy if you can't even look it up for yourself. Do you have to be spoon fed everything?
    It's a wild claim because a big 3 million is a big jump to go to. Secondly, the burden of proof is on him. He can cry about ppl being lazy but he himself is lazy by not providing a link. Least we can thank Kaito for actually providing a link provided the OP is being honest.

This isn't a court of law Ironside...
    It doesn't need to, it's how discussions work and especially on these forums.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    They focused too much on the next expansion and Movies and doing gimmicks to promote other games instead of WoD content.
    Yeah the specifically called out the sub numbers stabilised when they released the hellfire patch. Believe that's in quarter 2 report of 2015 near the top with all their fun facts bullpoints

I don't think it comes with any surprise that the subscriptions are at abysmal levels, by World of Warcraft's standards. Otherwise they wouldn't have stopped publicly stating these - even the "The losses were mostly in Asia!" usual explanation wouldn't be enough to twist these into something less negative.

That said, I don't think that their current business plan focus as heavily on Subscriptions for the bulk of the profit. Sure, more subscriptions are better than less, but it's the lesser of two evils, for them.

It's a wild claim because a big 3 million is a big jump to go to. Secondly, the burden of proof is on him. He can cry about ppl being lazy but he himself is lazy by not providing a link. Least we can thank Kaito for actually providing a link provided the OP is being honest.
    I honestly did not think people who would be interested in a post about a 1st quarter report would need to be hand held to find that report.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I think it's fairly obvious that the subs are dwindling down, we all know that.

I can't say I blame Blizzard for halting the release of the quarterly sub numbers though. People care way too much about them.
    Well, it's a way to almost show how successful your MMO is currently in comparison to others. "Come play here! Look at our pop!"

It makes sense they would start hiding them. Hitting sub numbers so low that other games can begin passing them in current time. That's why it is much easier to use the last referencing point of subs rather than realistically what they are at. It makes it easier to argue the game is still more successful than it really is.

It doesn't need to, it's how discussions work and especially on these forums.
    Stop trying to derail the actual discussion. Links have been provided for the search impaired, have you read them and what do you think about them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Might want to show your math. I scanned the report and it's so high level that it's hard to divine anything without diving back into prior reports and doing some legwork.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To be fair they never did have to tell us sub numbers anyway. They were under no obligation to.
    They were more than happy to toot their sub number horn when wod was sitting at 10 million plus.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Oh my god even if youre right, so what?

if it stops you from playing im fine with it, we all are. if it makes you cry, we are still all fine with it.

I dont understand what people get from those statements. its like "HA BLIZZARD I GOT YOU!"....-"so what?"

In legion subs will go up again. Everyone knows theyre down right now. for me theyre not down enough to stop playing, since I can have fun in pvp with my guildmates.

if subs in legion are "only" 5k, you are still free to cry, post, stop playing or whatever you wish again. Just dont make something big out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    People who refuse to face the possible truth will always hide behind the 'source or it's not true' mantra. Even when you provide the location, because you didn't provide actual source in the thread you must be lying. It's kind of sad tbh, the lengths people will go to avoid reality.
    Not really. If people where forced to look up the sources themselves every time someones comes with a claim, regardless of how 'easy' it is to google, then we'd be wasting a terrible amount of time. I've googled shit claims before where I couldn't find the proof, kinda makes me go "I'll just side with bullshit the next time". If you have a claim, just be an adult and provide the source.

Wait! Does all this mean that my sub doesn't count, since I technically don't pay my subscription with real world money? How about all the subs that are payed for using in-game gold instead? Does your napkin math take into account all of those?

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Edit: for those unable to find things themselves http://investor.activision.com/relea...leaseID=969556

What's most interesting is the intent to hide the true revenue of World of Warcraft. While not surprising it does indicate a likelihood that World of Warcraft is now considered end-of-life.
    I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with "trying to hide" anything. It used to be that the vast majority of Blizzards revenue was from WoW, with additional revenue from SC and Diablo. Now, you not only have those games, but also several newer ones: Hearthstone, HotS, and Overwatch, as well as more coming due to their acquisition of King Digital Entertainment. You also have the acquisition of MLG in order to further diversify their income streams. It was simply time to fold it into one umbrella, because in the end, investors only care about the bottom line.