Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to be able to fully see them, at all. Tiny glimpses, like Hermaeus Mora from Elder Scrolls Skyrim, just a ball of shadowy portal-y...ness (or a portal like thing with a mass amount of tentacles from the Dragonborn DLC) or a giant rip in time and space of the universe showing an eye from the other side or something. So yeah, I really don't think showing their physical form in any way, even an avatar of them, is a good idea, it gives a face to a greater evil, and it just I don't know, it just makes them feel lesser than what they are given they can't quite manifest into our universe properly.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

You know the Nothing from The Neverending Story?
    Like that, in that you can't gaze at it. There is nothing. Just a void. And it devours worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh! I got it!

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to see their true forms at all. However, I would assume that Void Lords would manifest in similar ways to Voidlords and Void gods do; black, amorphous masses that seek out and consume matter. I doubt they would have the sheer size and grandeur of Old Gods, as their entire purpose was to corrupt the nascent Titans within planets... they're large because their target is large.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Incomprehensible. No shape or size. Blizzard needs to invent a new color and a new shape just to do them justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Wrong the void lords should look nothing like the existing old gods.
    Let me explain why.

Basicly the old gods are parasites that are have been shot in to the universe to plague it.
    There hundreds of them maybe thousands not only the ones on azeroth.

Therefor if you go by your logic there should be only 4 Void lords.
    While that might be true this also means all the other planets infested with old gods have the same or similar OG's like azeroth.
    And that just makes for bad lore and plain utterly simple story.

- - - Updated - - -

There is always some one higher on the food chain no matter if you like it or not this is how our world works and azeroth while fantasy world is based on the same principles.
    Well, what I meant was that just because there are only the 4 corresponding Old Gods on Azeroth, doesn't mean there are moore on other planets. They could be 20 Void Lords with their corresponding Old Gods, however I only used the ones on Azeroth as an example.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

We should see only a tiny aspect of one Void Lord as a dark, four-dimensional shape. For example, here's a 4D cube:

It should be massive, and as it moves and shifts, the angles and shape of it seem to alter and change in ways that break the rules of three-dimensional reality. Would be weird to look at, rather disorienting, and ultimately represent the unfathomable nature of them.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should be us except they wear cowboy hats.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    They should be us except they wear cowboy hats.
    Igetthatreference

10+ Year Old Account
    Scarlett Johansson.

Shadow Form Algalon + Tentacles
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Speaking of Void Lords, this little quote might vaguely reference them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    New Xal'atath quote:
    I know the naaru consider us horrors to be resisted. We do not share this view. They are merely beloved brethren that lost the true path. They will return to their masters... in time.
    https://i.imgsafe.org/c5baf6d.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Which is pretty interesting and would explain why Naaru that "die" convert into a chaotic void form.

The question is how did they become light to begin with, if their void form is their true forms?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

So the Naaru and Void Lords are two sides of the same coin?

Holy shit.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I want to see a massive rift in the center of a black hole, with hints of something indescribably immense staring or reaching out from the other side. I want the brief glimpses of their form to suggest bizarre shapes that can only loosely be compared to various animals with which we're more familiar. On top of that, they should all be very different in form.

I want to see a crooked "serpent" with no eyes and a black "goat" with seven. I want them to be watching us ominously from the beyond, as they use their incredible power to reshape or create things that they hurtle through to our reality.
    I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Which is pretty interesting and would explain why Naaru that "die" convert into a chaotic void form.

The question is how did they become light to begin with, if their void form is their true forms?
    Well, we need to keep in mind that it's got a very biased perspective. The most interesting part here is more the "beloved" part. Whether it's trying to mislead us with half-truths or lies, the implication is that this particular Void being doesn't hate them at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    So the Naaru and Void Lords are two sides of the same coin?

Holy shit.
    No. The Void Lords are the "masters" to which the Naaru will return.

10+ Year Old Account
    Black silhouettes of the player model.

How can we possibly fathom something -outside- the physical universe? Have them as eerie hollow shapes of the player and that adds a creep factor of 10

No. The Void Lords are the "masters" to which the Naaru will return.
    Gotta say, I'm a little bit spooped right now...

Deleted
    Abstract shapes and bizarre formations, something incomprehensibly alien which we can't really fully grasp the nature of. Kinda like if a third dimensional being reached into a two-dimensional space.. with facets that we simply do not have the faculties to process.

Well, I have no idea how they'd look, but I assume they're WoW's Qlippoths.