10+ Year Old Account
    18 of 32 either have the option picked up or signed an extension, its not as bad as all that. The top 10 is pretty miserable though.

- - - Updated - - -

2012 was 20/32 for comparison's sake, and at least one of them got cut before the 5th year vested.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    18 of 32 either have the option picked up or signed an extension, its not as bad as all that. The top 10 is pretty miserable though.

- - - Updated - - -

2012 was 20/32 for comparison's sake, and at least one of them got cut before the 5th year vested.
    I think it was 21/32 for 2011, so all 3 years since the rookie contract changes so far have been around 2/3rds of the options being picked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    2013 looks bad at the top, the first two picks were "blah" and the third pick is a disaster. #4 and 5 are the only good ones in the top 10. After the top 10 its pretty standard rate of success. That 2011 draft is the opposite at the top, the first six picks all got their options exercised and 5/6 have signed extensions with only Von Miller to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ansah, Richardson and Eifert are pretty much the success stories of that round. The rest range from underperforming to outright bust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Ansah, Richardson and Eifert are pretty much the success stories of that round. The rest range from underperforming to outright bust.
    Frederick and Austin are doing good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Frederick and Austin are doing good.
    Tavon Austin? For the spot he got picked at he should have been a game changing WR, and he's turned out to be a servicable gadget player, but not much else. He's definitely not lived up to his draft status. I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Sylvester Williams is good too, but being a nose in a Wade Phillips defense pretty much means you don't play on passing downs. He probably should not have been a 1st round pick, but that was also before the switch to a 3-4 and Denver historically does not play rookies much so he missed out on the time in a 4-3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Tavon Austin? For the spot he got picked at he should have been a game changing WR, and he's turned out to be a servicable gadget player, but not much else. He's definitely not lived up to his draft status. I'd say.
    Mostly true, last year he showed some of it 900 yards and 9 TDs in that awful offense isn't bad, but he needs to do a bit more to live up to top ten pick.

Mostly true, last year he showed some of it 900 yards and 9 TDs in that awful offense isn't bad, but he needs to do a bit more to live up to top ten pick.
    Doesn't help his coach is Jeff Fisher and the best QB he has played with is Case Keenum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints extend LT Armstead, this is good, wouldn't mind seeing a Brees extension...

Rams signed Junior Seau's nephew, got to think there will be more than a few folks who head to the coliseum for a pre-season game to see a Seau, still a big name around these parts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints class of undrafted FAs looks pretty good, got a bunch of OL to compensate for not drafting any.

10+ Year Old Account
    VERY interesting article, an interview/roundtable with several O-lineman: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/feature...e-line-of-fire

It rings true to some extent, I've personally been complaining about Patriots O-line for I think 3 years now, when basically those guys have been good enough to win a Superbowl and get us to an AFCC and will very likely have a good year again this year (despite everything going on). It must get tiresome as an O-lineman to hear nobody's like me complain online when their job has gotten harder year over year.

I'll be trying to be less annoyed with them, but not sure if I'll be able to keep that going during the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    I buy that its tough, I don't buy that they've never had it this tough, Deacon Jones isn't even headslappin' them.

interesting read though, good share
    Last edited by draynay; 2016-05-05 at 05:32 AM.

Hopefully that article gets some attention, because it applies to basically all the criticism people get, not just the o-lines (I still stand by Schofield is terrible though). The most interesting part of that was the spread offenses and not knowing how to block part. I knew those kinds of offenses hurt QBs, RBs and WRs for a transition to the NFL, but was not aware they are that bad for o-linemen too.

As far as UDFAs, will be interesting to see if Denver starts a new UDFA making the roster streak that ended last year, and who from the practice squad last year ends up making the roster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington extended their TE Jordan Reed 5 years $50 mil, just Snyder being Snyder? He's a good player but that's Jimmy Graham money. This is the second player they've given big money to on the strength of one year's performance, OTC made a good point that it kind of paints them into a corner as far as negotiating with Cousins, another one year wonder, now that they've paid Norman & Reed.

Washington extended their TE Jordan Reed 5 years $50 mil, just Snyder being Snyder? He's a good player but that's Jimmy Graham money. This is the second player they've given big money to on the strength of one year's performance, OTC made a good point that it kind of paints them into a corner as far as negotiating with Cousins, another one year wonder, now that they've paid Norman & Reed.
    About right for what other people are getting, Julius Thomas got a 5 year 46 mill last year for basically 1.5 years with part of that being hurt.

It's going to be crazy when Von Miller's deal gets done, considering Vernon got a 5 year 85 mill deal I don't even want to know what Miller is going to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool and insightful read about OBJ's cousin: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...hes-nfl-career

Wonder if he'll get a legit shot in the NFL. He's a physical specimen for sure but as we've seen in the past, that doesn't always make a good football player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    Cool and insightful read about OBJ's cousin: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...hes-nfl-career

Wonder if he'll get a legit shot in the NFL. He's a physical specimen for sure but as we've seen in the past, that doesn't always make a good football player.
    That's pretty cool. Such a lack of experience though. He's going to have to learn fast.

In other news Patriots signed all their draft picks, except the QB they drafted (who didn;t take an agent and is probably taking a bit longer due to that) and also signed a full slate of UDFA's. 89 men on roster, with 1 spot left for the the QB Jacoby Brissett.

Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post

If he can show that he can be an asset on special teams he has a shot probably. There are guys on every roster that don't contribute much outside of that.

Don't think Denver has signed a single draft pick yet, but they did bring in 19(I think) UDFAs. Also decided to look at the draft picks I had not heard of. The punter Denver drafted forced fair catches over 40% of the time the last 2 years. Which is over double what Colquitt did last year and really close to what the good Colquitt did.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bengals still have no draft rushers behind carlos dunlap. Im not just flirting with the idea that we need to sign You know who on the cheap anymore. Let mama marvin have a shot at turning his life around. He made pacman serviceable. Plus. Hardys marginal productivity makes people like me drool when i see a low price tag.

The afc north jas a reputation for being jerkfaces. How bad can 1 more jerkface be?