While I don't disagree that other classes have suffered from this as well (it has taken a while for shaman for example to really shine as enhancement or elemental), I'm saying paladins have suffered this from the very beginning, and their approach to expansions is analogous of trying to shine a turd, albeit into three different specialized turds; all three paladins specs suffered from this, and its evident on how alien the specs are from each other. 5 expansions in, sure: every class and talent spec is now very distinct.

Why does holy and prot have two completely different auras and ret has none, why are the blessings all discombobulated between the specs. What is the significance of judgement now without the seals that came with it (in particular, what the hell is the point of judgment for holy and prot) These inconsistencies are boil down to the failure of revamping the core class.

So what's different with the Artifact abilities? I don't see anything on front page

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bormec View Post
    So what's different with the Artifact abilities? I don't see anything on front page
    They added the damage to EotH, only a 15% extra swing and borked the tooltip on Tempest.

Not so much of a tweak as janitoral fixes
    Last edited by Temna; 2016-05-06 at 05:28 AM.

Glad to see that Holy Wrath got swapped out. Now just need for Equality and Colossus Smash to be swapped out as well.

this new Sanctified Wrath...
    I want to like it but it wont mesh well with Ret when we deal damage only once every 12 seconds.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    this new Sanctified Wrath...
    I want to like it but it wont mesh well with Ret when we deal damage only once every 12 seconds.
    Agreed kinda. Though that increased haste might make more of those windows happens so could MAYBE see 3 Judgement windows in that span which isnt too awful. That being said I think Holy Wrath could have worked nicely if it didnt lock you down while you were channeling it (also I would personally have added splash damage but thats just me liking siege tanks).

If you time it right you can get the max stacks pretty quick with full holy power and a wave of ashes. To be honest I'm not sure you would get much use of the max stacks after that though.

if you can time the max stacks of Sanctified wrath with ES, the burst is going to make ppl cry. also, its makes the judgement buff pretty close to 100% percent. it looks hella strong, but avenging wrath is base 35% and we start at 5% so its suppose to average out, to 40-55% damage increase depending on how fast we stack buffs. the major bonus is the haste as all our cds are just gonna cause us to wreck shit. and its a 27.5 sec duration. damn this looks kinda good... too good in all honestly. im scared.

you can get 12 stacks after 7 gcds. and the gameplay would bascially have you using holy power outside of the first judgment window. you shouldnt have any windows after that.
    Last edited by garonne; 2016-05-06 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    if you can time the max stacks of Sanctified wrath with ES, the burst is going to make ppl cry. also, its makes the judgement buff pretty close to 100% percent. it looks hella strong, but avenging wrath is base 35% and we start at 5% so its suppose to average out, to 40-55% damage increase depending on how fast we stack buffs. the major bonus is the haste as all our cds are just gonna cause us to wreck shit. and its a 27.5 sec duration. damn this looks kinda good... too good in all honestly. im scared.

you can get 12 stacks after 7 gcds. and the gameplay would bascially have you using holy power outside of the first judgment window. you shouldnt have any windows after that.
    sweet.
    now why dont we divine how much this talent will fare in pvp, taking into coordination our , I am not afraid to say, mobility.

as Rocky said "it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward". Does not matter if we hit hard, if we will get kited/peeled with low defensive capabilities to survive the kite fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    sweet.
    now why dont we divine how much this talent will fare in pvp, taking into coordination our , I am not afraid to say, mobility.
    youre the pvper, you tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    youre the pvper, you tell us.
    I'm pessimistic doomsayer I don't know feth.
    Better ask a true PvPer, like Rehgeme.

Deleted
    Imagine a time when we get flying back. Imagine a time when the skies are filled with Ret Paladins on <5% hp, scanning the ground below them for anyone on the opposing faction foolish enough to let their hp drop below 50%. It's glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasher View Post
    Imagine a time when we get flying back. Imagine a time when the skies are filled with Ret Paladins on <5% hp, scanning the ground below them for anyone on the opposing faction foolish enough to let their hp drop below 50%. It's glorious.
    Rain of Death.

Rain of glorius , fabulous Retribution.

Make it rain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again a shit cool down that doesn't fit in the current gameplay model....
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Well...considering haste is going to be just as important (if not more) a stat as stacking mastery, the ramped up haste will make it a hp bulldozer. How would this talent hold with the legendary helm that generates hp?

we have a new legendary item thats kinda interesting too. bracers that give us a cheat death with shield of vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    It's now what...400% vs 60% if I recall? I know it's Holy but come on now. Even the AOE one is 50% holy damage and it keeps going. It needs a buff to stay competitive or get dropped entirely.
    BoW is now 120%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    It's now what...400% vs 60% if I recall? I know it's Holy but come on now. Even the AOE one is 50% holy damage and it keeps going. It needs a buff to stay competitive or get dropped entirely.
    I have seen this argument before, and I will give the same answer: Blade of Wrath is the strongest single target choice in that talent row.
    Why? Because it generates more Holy Power than anything else in the row. A 4 sec shorter CD on an ability that grants 2 HoPo is massive, no matter the damage. It could deal 0 damage and it would still be competitive, because you push out Templar's Verdicts that much quicker.

When it dealt only 60% WD as Holy it provided more damage single target than Virtue's Blade (at 20% crit chance), now it deals 120% WD.

Unless you want to blow up targets (read: kill in less than 2 rotations) with lucky crits or have fights that grant 100% crit chance, BoW is the absolute best single target option in the level 60 row.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    New sanctified wrath is strong as fuck. you can force yourself into the 15 stack within seconds of starting it and then you just get to pump out so many finishers BoJ and judgments in the CD window that shit gets real. Open by getting to 5 HP via fires of justice and BoJ, then pop a judge and sant wrath. dump double finishers into wake into finisher and your at 15 stacks before the first judge falls off.
    Good lord help you if you get the liadrins ring because then your literally just spamming finishers at a very rapid pace.

Its not noted yet but many of our spells did get damage buffs as well. going to test it later tomorrow but i dont feel like i have to worry about equality any time soon thats for sure.

So why did they remove Holy Wrath, but still keep the god damn Equality? When will that ever be a worthwile pick in PvE?