Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    If we all looked to the stars, which we are all made from and ditched religion the world would be a better place, so simple. You live, you die, you are a star

Quote Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
    This is just absurd. You're saying the WBC is equally as dangerous as ISIS? Give me a break.
    The words these two groups use to insight hate are very similar. But no, WBC doesn't have the balls ISIS has to actually use force.

OT: Up until recently I've been trying to avoid trump like the plague, hoping one of the other conservatives would prevail. But im seeing a change in trump, in the way hes handling and presenting himself. The protesters in california just recently that made him stop his motorcade and sneak into the back of the venue are being painted as the bad guys. As they should be, this country has a right to PEACEFUL PROTEST. These bernie / hillary do nothing college and live at home with mom people are taking things too far. Way too far.

Make America great again, ban all college students.
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2016-04-30 at 11:51 AM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Here's my personal story about protesters at a Trump rally,
    Really interesting post. You raise a good point about the regressive left and their tactics. They sell their fake outrage snake oil to anyone gullible enough to believe it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    The words these two groups use to insight hate are very similar. But no, WBC doesn't have the balls ISIS has to actually use force.
    Sure. I'll give you that their rhetoric is similar "fags go to hell" and "infidels must burn" and so on. But lets not gloss over the fact that WBCs goals are to annoy people they believe are sinners. ISISs goal is to nuke everyone who they see as a sinner.

It's a matter of degrees.

We mustn't confuse a papercut with decapitation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azidonis View Post
    Anyway, their egos, or "epeens" (electronic penises) aside, here are a few links that may help:

We mustn't confuse a papercut with decapitation.
    fair enough, anyone know where WBC will be soon? I wouldnt mind blasting heavy metal in their ears as i peacefully protest them
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    The protesters in california just recently that made him stop his motorcade and sneak into the back of the venue are being painted as the bad guys. As they should be,
    Were very much in agreement here :-)
    Anyway, their egos, or "epeens" (electronic penises) aside, here are a few links that may help:

Does "Trump protesters" mean protesters who belong to Trump followers or protesters who protest against Trump?
    This always confuses me
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Does "Trump protesters" mean protesters who belong to Trump followers or protesters who protest against Trump?
    This always confuses me
    This can sometimes be unclear. Unless there is some other modifying word attached, like " pro-trump", you can rest assured that "trump protester" is someone against Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Not giving him praise for using wrong statistics no doubt, but Trump is one of the few people in America..... well pretty much the only person on a national platform, that speaks up about topics that are important to many Americans. Hence why he does so well with republicans. Almost like the "evil version" of Bernie Sanders lol.

Allow me to explain, with something like illegal immigration, before Trump came along it was pretty much a taboo topic. Republicans were scared to even discuss it because of cowardly people in the party like Karl Rove, who pretty much were hoping to get hispanic votes in exchange for being "lenient" on immigration. There's a few problems with it, first, it's not really likely to work. Hispanics are just not going to come out in droves all of the sudden and show support. Second, they are treated a demographic of people like a voting bloc, it seems pretty clear that they are just saying what they think they want to hear for the purpose of votes. But most importantly, A LOT of people still have a big problem with illegal immigration. People like Karl Rove and consequently republicans in the government tried to sway people on something they did not want to be swayed on.

Because of a guy like Trump though, people are able to discuss this issue without being afraid of some crazy consequences or something. And Trump is a very brash guy. That's just his personality though, he did not decide to suddenly become like this when discussing Mexicans. So if you don't like the guy because of his *very* straight to the point, no punches pulled tone, I can understand. But he's not really racist though. If he was, I don't think he'd be encouraging Mexicans to come in legally.

And I did mention the neo nazi tweet, unless you're referring to something else I missed. As for the quotes that you mentioned and I addressed as well, the person that wrote that book worked for Trump previously. As I said, I'm not convinced by that that he is racist just because the guy says "Trump said this or that" because Trump has had other employees that have said he is definitely not racist. If the story can be corroborated for example, I'd likely change my tune here, or if we had other examples.

It's late so I'll try to get to this tomorrow but you did mention one interesting point about him discriminating against African Americans when it came to housing. Brace yourself here, but have you considered the possibility that he did not rent to blacks because it drove down property value? I'll research this myself but if this is the case, this is very different than not wanting to rent out property to a black person because they have a bias against them. While you may not like his logic here, and I'd agree that this was foul play by the sounds of it, this is definitely not the same thing as racism. For example, if a black criminal robs a white clerk at a gas station, that is not necessarily racism, rather a crime of opportunity. Same thing here, Trump likely was just looking at the dollar signs. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on this though.

When did he praise Nazi's? lol. By all means though if you disagree with his policies, it's understandable. I do think you are very quick to accuse him of racism and dismiss any sort of logical process he may really have.

- - - Updated - - -

Totally agree here, both sides do in fact do this. That being said, IMO the left is employing this type of stuff A LOT more in this election, at least. Honestly from what I've seen they do this type of stuff at almost ALL of Trump's rallies. How often do right wingers go to Hillary or Bernie rallies and do this?
    Still doesn't excuse his over-exaggerating and borderline racist comments about Mexicans.

Trump discrimination case: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_855553.html
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...160_story.html

The government sent both a white and black female to look for apartments and the black female was denied. They also gave black's and white's to different rental agreements. If he wanted to keep poor black people on welfare out that's fine but now those who could afford it.

Trump retweeting neo-nazi group...
    http://www.redstate.com/absentee/201...uve-heard-one/
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczy...meP#.lh8EQkbQm

This one had nothing to do with the post but is insanely funny... http://www.bustle.com/articles/14613...y-creepy-thing

Once again, I don't think trump is a clansman but has he done and said some racist things... Yeah.

Others have spoke out about immigration and its a pretty big topic in the media... http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...es-mind-he-en/

Donald Trump just does it in the most ignorant way possible.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2016-04-30 at 03:03 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

This is just absurd. You're saying the WBC is equally as dangerous as ISIS? Give me a break.
    When did I say the WBC was a terrorist organization? Stop trying to ignorantly interpret what I said. I was clearly comparing them to their respective religions. And when it comes to hate speech and rhetoric they tend to mirror each other a great deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vurdah View Post
    When did I say the WBC was a terrorist organization? Stop trying to ignorantly interpret what I said. I was clearly comparing them to their respective religions. And when it comes to hate speech and rhetoric they tend to mirror each other a great deal.
    Okay. Now that i look back at your post, i did misinterpret your overall point. My apologies.

However, you did say:

"I hate religion and the hypocrisy that a lot of members of organized religion exude but for the most part they are good people who would give you the shirt off their back."

This is what i have an issue with.

Saying that the majority of muslims would treat any person well is simply not true.

Im a straight white guy, so maybe they would treat me well.

But…

What if i was a comedian who made a joke about Mohammed?
    What if i commited adultery?
    What if i was a woman and i got raped?
    What if i was a Muslim who decided to convert to another religion?
    What if i wanted a divorce from my spouse?
    What if i was gay?

Do you think the majority of Muslims would treat me well?

I'll answer that for you.

As i'd be a criminal in their eyes, i do not think they would.

Deleted
    These "protestors" are insane
    Last edited by mmoc4a03c13c22; 2016-05-01 at 02:06 PM.

Deleted
    These Trump supporters are insane, he's not the American dream, he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, he's probably lost more money than he's ever made, check your history people, use google, finance is weird

Deleted
    Not only that, he's racist, sexist, wants to put up a wall around Mexico, get serious this man is adolf, shame on you. Get Real, respect my grandfather who died for keeping these pricks out of government

Okay. Now that i look back at your post, i did misinterpret your overall point. My apologies.

However, you did say:

"I hate religion and the hypocrisy that a lot of members of organized religion exude but for the most part they are good people who would give you the shirt off their back."

This is what i have an issue with.

Saying that the majority of muslims would treat any person well is simply not true.

Im a straight white guy, so maybe they would treat me well.

But…

What if i was a comedian who made a joke about Mohammed?
    What if i commited adultery?
    What if i was a woman and i got raped?
    What if i was a Muslim who decided to convert to another religion?
    What if i wanted a divorce from my spouse?
    What if i was gay?

Do you think the majority of Muslims would treat me well?

I'll answer that for you.
    I know right. As an Atheist, I'd be a second class citizen, imprisoned or even put to the death in most Muslim countries.... LEGALLY. The left defending the religion so much shows how little they really know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vurdah View Post
    There are shitbags in every group. I hate religion and the hypocrisy that a lot of members of organized religion exude but for the most part they are good people who would give you the shirt off their back. And then there are the westboro baptist and ISIS, both of which are extremist of their respective religions.
    That's so dangerously naive. The most common "moderate" version of Islam worldwide would happily see most of the people on this forum persecuted, imprisoned or dead for their religions and lifestyles. IF you take a country like Sudan, if you're born there you're automatically a Muslim, so if you choose ANY other religion to follow you can be LEGALLY sentenced to death for apostasy and beheaded.

The middle-class moderate Muslims that have been in the west for generations are more of an "extreme" version of Islam than the "extremists" are. There's also a growing number of Ahmadi's in the west who.. I guess are the "born again Christian" version of Muslims? . If you see good charitable cross-culture things done by Muslims in the west then the vast majority of the time it'll be Ahmadis. Needless to say, the global Muslim world hates them and tend to think they should all be put to death (and regularly does so) for having the nerve of calling themselves Muslims.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35928848
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2016-05-06 at 09:24 AM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I know right. As an Atheist, I'd be a second class citizen, imprisoned or even put to the death in most Muslim countries.... LEGALLY. The left defending the religion so much shows how little they really know about it.

That's so dangerously naive. The most common "moderate" version of Islam worldwide would happily see most of the people on this forum persecuted, imprisoned or dead for their religions and lifestyles. IF you take a country like Sudan, if you're born there you're automatically a Muslim, so if you choose ANY other religion to follow you can be LEGALLY sentenced to death for apostasy and beheaded.

The middle-class moderate Muslims that have been in the west for generations are more of an "extreme" version of Islam than the "extremists" are. There's also a growing number of Ahmadi's in the west who.. I guess are the "born again Christian" version of Muslims? . If you see good charitable cross-culture things done by Muslims in the west then the vast majority of the time it'll be Ahmadis. Needless to say, the global Muslim world hates them and tend to think they should all be put to death (and regularly does so) for having the nerve of calling themselves Muslims.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35928848
    omfg do you watch fox news? biggest piece of text i've ever wasted my life reading. Islam is a peaceful religion, the same as every other religion, personally i'm an atheist also, but your views are totally beyond belief, its not the religion, its the people

Quote Originally Posted by yogsohot View Post
    omfg do you watch fox news? biggest piece of text i've ever wasted my life reading. Islam is a peaceful religion, the same as every other religion, personally i'm an atheist also, but your views are totally beyond belief, its not the religion, its the people
    It's not "the religion", it's the law of the land. The problem is in most Muslim countries they're one and the same thing.

And they're not my views.. .they're the LAW in these countries. I didn't say anything that was opinion, I just stated facts about what goes on in the rest of the world. Apostasy has a death penalty in many countries still, and imprisonment in many more. So does homosexuality.

NEWSFLASH.. . The rest of the world is NOT the same as the west. Go and do some research. In Saudi Arabia, you're officially classed as a "terrorist" because of your beliefs, just so you know. :P http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-9228389.html
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2016-05-06 at 12:42 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    still speaking pap mate, stop linking pointless articles, lose your prejudice and wake the fuck up.

you are generalising, the biggest sin

Also these people have a right to move

Your argument is useless
    Last edited by mmoc82018c8e40; 2016-05-06 at 02:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yogsohot View Post
    still speaking pap mate, stop linking pointless articles

Your argument is useless
    Gonna have to say rogueMatthias is right. He has evidence.

In my last post here, i also presented a Pew poll from 2013 suggesting a similar point to what rogueMatthias is saying.

You say Islam is a peaceful religion, but I think you're going to have a hard time convincing anyone that modern Islam is more peaceful than modern Christianity for example.

Deleted
    Gonna have to say rogueMatthias is right. He has evidence.

In my last post here, i also presented a Pew poll from 2013 suggesting a similar point to what rogueMatthias is saying.

You say Islam is a peaceful religion, but I think you're going to have a hard time convincing anyone that modern Islam is more peaceful than modern Christianity for example.
    Percentages !! You want to blame the whole of Ireland's Catholic / Protestant for bombing our cities and their own cities for a Century plus, assassinations etc. geez you guys have no history. When you do you ignore it. Fuck the media, do the numbers.

Don't discriminate, educate

It's not "the religion", it's the law of the land. The problem is in most Muslim countries they're one and the same thing.

And they're not my views.. .they're the LAW in these countries. I didn't say anything that was opinion, I just stated facts about what goes on in the rest of the world. Apostasy has a death penalty in many countries still, and imprisonment in many more. So does homosexuality.
    Newsflash

They are fundamentalist states, they interpret their scriptures wrong, in Christianity you can get stoned to death for homosexuality, adultery, stealing, lust << taught wrong. Same applies for judaism, hell even buddism has it's dodgy moments. Pick up their books, read them, stop getting your views from the media and consider how information and constant translation gets distorted over a couple of thousand years. Don't they teach religious education at junior school anymore ?

NEWSFLASH.. . The rest of the world is NOT the same as the west. Go and do some research. In Saudi Arabia, you're officially classed as a "terrorist" because of your beliefs, just so you know. :P http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-9228389.html
    Sigh
    Last edited by mmoc82018c8e40; 2016-05-12 at 12:49 AM.