Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosebleeds View Post
    Just wondering who the guy in your signature is talking about. Kungen? Sodapoppin?
    Just someone in the US General Discussion trying to sound superior about how some people still haven't gotten their heroic Archimonde kills even though it's approaching a year since it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Mere outposts too had flight masters though, not as spread as they are after Cataclysm but still. Troll-themed holdings had, of course, bats as flying mounts. After Cataclysm even Sen'jin Village has a flight master and, once again, bats as mounts.
    Yes! Which is why I splurged on the store mount. First opportunity to finally have a bat mount for my troll (and it is a pretty sweet one). Why can't Sen'jin sell flying mounts, for those trolls willing to go back and get one?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    The point is that Horde players don't want to have "fun" with Alliance heroes, they want to have fun with their own stuff. That's why you have the actual sensation to effectively "tag along" rather than have your own, indipendent storyline.

But what we got in WoD? The effective equivalent of everything that was Horde before Vanilla WoW was turned into a bunch of raid bosses for Alliance and Horde to kill. Yeah, what an amazing fanservice for Horde players.
    Alliance players see their heroes turned neutral, Horde see theirs turned into raid bosses. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Undead gryphons, similar to those of the Ebon Blade could also work great for the Forsaken.
    Bats are okay, but they make more sense for Trolls
    Exactly.
    /10

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Too bad forsaken figured it on their own and patented that stuff. But hey, you have some troll cannon fodder in ZG that used to ride bats so i guess it counts.
    Trolls riding bats in Zul'drak as well. Lots of NPC troll bat riders, they just haven't been consistent on this.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

So you probably seen pictures frrom MMO-Champion main page, I'm bumping this thread up so nobody would make another. It looks really grim, I still hope it's some random troll, but then again the accessories seems to be right.
    Secondly - if this is really him, then why burning his body? Trolls don't do it, he should have gotten his mausoleum or place in catacombs.

And thirdly- why wasting the character so early? Unlike Varain he don't have any other prominent troll to take over him, he didn't appeared in eny cinematic besides the SoO (and Zandalari trailer but thena gain he was just as racial leader not the leader of Horde), and lastly - what all that build up was up for? I fail to grasp it with my mind.

Deleted
    Could be an effigy, burning it in Vol'Jin's stead to give his spirit rest because they assume he's dead but don't have a body.

If it really is Vol'Jin I hope he makes a return as a Loa spirit. That's the only real development for Trolls they could get out of this.

EDIT: We really need the end of the Horde Broken Shore event here and we don't have that. I suspect it was left out on purpose to increase speculation.

Banshee queen shall lead the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Banshee queen shall lead the Horde!
    No objections from the Alliance. Lead them, Sylvanas, go ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I still hope it's some random troll, but then again the accessories seems to be right.
    Secondly - if this is really him, then why burning his body? Trolls don't do it, he should have gotten his mausoleum or place in catacombs.
    Also the way he dies is strange. He is severely wounded and calls all Horde leaders to Grommash Hold to pass leadership on Sylvanas, then there is a missing cinematic and he is dead.

What kind of wounds could he suffer that he is unable to regenerate himself?

So you probably seen pictures frrom MMO-Champion main page, I'm bumping this thread up so nobody would make another. It looks really grim, I still hope it's some random troll, but then again the accessories seems to be right.
    The tusks look a lot like his as well... Again, could be a random Troll but I'm not holding my breath. Things don't add up, but if this is true, I don't understand why they'd bother implying he went MIA as opposed to KIA, that's just inconsiderate towards fans...

Beyond that, why the pyre? I don't know, maybe it's just the case of "rule of cool", as in it appears more "epic" or atmospheric to have a cremation than to just have him mummified or somesuch...

And thirdly- why wasting the character so early? Unlike Varain he don't have any other prominent troll to take over him, he didn't appeared in eny cinematic besides the SoO (and Zandalari trailer but thena gain he was just as racial leader not the leader of Horde), and lastly - what all that build up was up for? I fail to grasp it with my mind.
    There was no good reason, maybe they just found it too much work to try and redeem the fuck-ups they did with him throughout MoP. Their handling of the playable Trolls has largely been lazy and/or lackluster for the most part: rushed druid forms, a rushed unfinished male model when the player models were being revamped, going back to old habits they displayed pre-cata in terms of Darkspear representation in WoD, not taking into account their mythology in the Chronicle book and therefore neglecting to explain how voodoo and the Loa fit into their new cosmology and lore... and not to mention how massively neglected they were throughout vanilla, TBC and most of Wrath.

Whatever nuggets of presentation and story development they got in Cata and MoP is looking more and more like a fluke...

Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    Could be an effigy, burning it in Vol'Jin's stead to give his spirit rest because they assume he's dead but don't have a body.
    I considered that as well, but if you look closely you can see tusks sprouting out from beneath the mask, and it definitely seems to have similar decorations to those that Vol'jin has... Might be someone elses' disembodied tusks or maybe that of another Troll I guess, and I can't be certain in my lacking optimism but for the moment I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed further.
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2016-05-06 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    No objections from the Alliance. Lead them, Sylvanas, go ahead.
    Better than your pussy king dude. We are not objecting to that pussy as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Really find the idea of killing off the main leader of each side pretty stupid. Seems very much like a Blizzard "Well both sides get punished the same way!" kind of thing.
    Not really. It's all about showing just in how deep shit we're in.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It could be him, but I find it interesting they deliberately covered the body's face with that mask. I've seen other troll mummies around WoW, even those of ostensibly high rank, and I don't remember a death mask for any of them, so perhaps this is all just an elaborate cover to fake his death, although it still seems odd to me that he would do such a thing.

I do agree with you on the fact that killing him off without him ever really doing anything seems weird (although no one of note in lore did ANYTHING during WoD except Thrall and Khadgar), but they axed Garrosh for the sake of needing a raid boss, so I wouldn't put it past them to off Vol'jin.
    On PTR's:
    Quote Originally Posted by Burritaco View Post
    You not being able to log in is testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Not really. It's all about showing just in how deep shit we're in.
    Then it would've been better to have offed some of the characters that have already gotten plenty of screentime and development, like Varian, and make room for fleshing out neglected and/or underutilized characters, unless they just want their characters and lore to stagnate and become even more formulaic and repetitive than it already is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggudrai View Post
    Then it would've been better to have offed some of the characters that have already gotten plenty of screentime and development, like Varian, and make room for fleshing out neglected and/or underutilized characters, unless they just want their characters and lore to stagnate and become even more formulaic and repetitive than it already is.
    Agreed... I know blizz loves their Thrall poster boy he really is starting to outstay his welcome.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Varian and Vol'Jin both dead.

This expansion is getting better all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Because of one character? Do you base all your enjoyment of games on a few characters over the gameplay?
    no, but he does raise a good point

hype is almost gone and the summer vacations are gonna kill it further, not sure how to keep people interested until end August/September

At any rate, I might have jumped the gun a bit with this, there's still other datamined material that contradicts him actually being dead, and there's still little enough seen in that datamined model that there's a degree of doubt as to wether or not it truly is his body, an effigy or just another dead Troll - which if that were the case it might make sense that it's being burnt: if it's a fake you wouldn't want anyone being able to have a look at it and realize it's not him.

However, speaking of formulaic and repetitive; if this proves true, I don't have faith that another "faking his death" scheme will have a convincing reason as to why he had to do it... For my part I can't imagine why, and it would reflect poorly on his character unless there's a damn good reason... Unless it's not him faking it and it's actually someone else, which, could also reflect really poorly on him unless handled in a way I'm not sure Blizzard is capable of...

After watching the intro - ... I suppose he didn't die after all. I thought he died at the shore but he made it back to the GRommash Hold, I can't believe he died to wounds, not because of OP regeneration and becuase of Loa protection.

And considered datamined conversation I suppose this burial is just a show. Unless that datamined conversation was erased and changed to see VJ kicking the bucket. Which would be the most underwhelming death and waste of character ever.

But it could be that I am naively hopeful.

Deleted
    Bleh Varian and Vol'jin death seems both stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Better than your pussy king dude. We are not objecting to that pussy as well.
    Anduin is not my king, he's an idiot who happens to hold the throne due to the stupid will of gods (= devs). We might never get a good king for the same reasons, but unless they ruin not just the Alliance leaders but the entire faction, fighting for the Alliance is infinitely better than fighting for the bloody erratic cowards with no honor that is the Horde.

Deleted
    stop having blind hope when clearly there is none. vol'jin is dead and you better get over it. a big shame yes but you can't come back from this. he was wounded and dying. varian and vol'jin are gone for good.