Poll: If Bernie doesn't get the nomination...

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    If you vote trump then you didn't really follow or realize what Bernie was all about.

Trump will undo and reverse everything Bernie stands for.
    Trump is actually closer to Bernie than Hillary is, IIRC Bernie and Trump are the only candidates who vowed to stop TTIP (Hillary supports it).

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Yeah their sight seems to be borked at the moment. Here's a story about it.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...rats-right-now
    Yet another nonsense poll cooked up by the media elite, changing the numbers around based on how they feel about Trump vs Hillary.

That's nothing but a load of bullshit. I'm sure a lot of money went towards making it.

It's just yet another example of the media and political elite being totally out of touch with the voters.
    Last edited by Daerio; 2016-05-06 at 10:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    I'm not american, I don't like either much, but Hillary is clearly the lesser of the two devils by far
    I am also not American but ur wrong.

Hillary is establishment, therefore if u vote Hillary she will keep the status quo. nothing will change. The 1% will be protected.

Trump is the most non-establishment candidate across both parties. He wants to reform everything. So if u want change then vote Trump.

Bernie supporters like Bernie cos he also wants to change everything... just like Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Trump is actually closer to Bernie than Hillary is, IIRC Bernie and Trump are the only candidates who vowed to stop TTIP (Hillary supports it).
    Exactly.

Its amazin g how many idiots there are who think Bernie is close to Hillary... thats just not true at all. Bernie is closer to Trump by far.

Deleted
    Slightly off topic, but has it ever occurred to anyone that the only reason Trump wants to become President is so he can threaten Scotland with the nuclear option if they persist in building a wind farm within sight of his golf course?

I kinda want him to win to see how that goes down ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    If you vote trump then you didn't really follow or realize what Bernie was all about.

Trump will undo and reverse everything Bernie stands for.
    Wouldn't they both? I think Hillary is actually further away in some areas.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I am looking on this from side since I am not from states. But wouldn't that be best for 3rd person to win since if Hillary will win then after 4 years Trump could try and I think he would do much better then this year. And if 3rd party would win then that would really show for both main parties it's time to really change things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    In what world would an establishment Democratic who strongly benefits from the current system to the point that she was the only establishment Democrat considered for the candidacy work to openly alienate her primary voter base when there's another round coming in 4 years? She overwhelmingly benefits from maintaining the current status quo, not from shaking things up.

Deleted
    Just going by the election sofar, hilary is already involved in election corruption (new york for example) can't say that about trump. Add to to that the media trying to ignore bernie and downplaying him.
    It's ironic that their is a fear about trump when hilary sofar has been actually involved in bad things. Than take into acount her history and being under investigation.............

I'm not american but the way the primary of the democrats has been handled really shitted on the voters so I wouldn't vote for Hilary, she became to evil to vote as a lesser of two evil. I don't know if i would vote for trump, just like bernie he would get too much resistance to make huge changes so all the horror scenario's painted wont happen and it's good to have atleast some anti going for 4 years. Similiar why the british ukip wouldn't be bad for a while.

With trump though income taxes for the rich will probably be lowered further though, but on fields where he might not have personal interest.......not sure.
    Than their is the strategy of what would be most beneficial for future elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    In what world would an establishment Democratic who strongly benefits from the current system to the point that she was the only establishment Democrat considered for the candidacy work to openly alienate her primary voter base when there's another round coming in 4 years? She overwhelmingly benefits from maintaining the current status quo, not from shaking things up.
    But Hillary is apart from Bernie in many areas, she's claimed this herself. I'm puzzled by this response.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    Hillary is establishment... Trump and Bernie arent.

Its as simple as that.

If u want change then vote Trump/Bernie... if u want things to remain as they are then vote Hillary.

10+ Year Old Account
    But Hillary is apart from Bernie in many areas, she's claimed this herself. I'm puzzled by this response.
    If you're puzzled by it, you should go to the root core of understanding how Russian politics works: what will a candidate have to do to get reelected during the next cycle? She does not benefit from alienating her liberal support. She might disagree with Bernie on numerous issues, but the actions that she takes are ultimately limited because she is so strongly invested in the current political system and it would be actively damaging for her to do anything to change it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Hillary is establishment... Trump and Bernie arent.

Its as simple as that.

If u want change then vote Trump/Bernie... if u want things to remain as they are then vote Hillary.
    Not really. The current status quo is social change, through progression of civil liberties. So the changes that she would do would reflect that direction.

Deleted
    The current status quo is...
    ...unending wars in the Middle East, keeping Guantanamo open, less restrictions on guns, no effective regulation on wall street, not high enough taxes for the rich and super wealthy, huge and completely unnecessary military spending, horrible trade deals, fracking and dependence on oil, and so on and so forth. That's the status quo Hillary will maintain.

If you're puzzled by it, you should go to the root core of understanding how Russian politics works: what will a candidate have to do to get reelected during the next cycle? She does not benefit from alienating her liberal support. She might disagree with Bernie on numerous issues, but the actions that she takes are ultimately limited because she is so strongly invested in the current political system and it would be actively damaging for her to do anything to change it.
    Oh, I see what you're getting at. Well, time will tell I guess. But she's already holding fairly illiberal views, particularly with large finance and international relations/Syria and it's not hurt her much at all.
    I am the lucid dream

So, Hillary - "I didn't agree with gay marriage until 2013" - is your candidate for social progress.

Pretty pathetic, in my opinion.

Hillary wants Bush donors

Their message to moderate Republicans: She represents your values better than Trump.

Hillary Clinton’s supporters in recent days have been making a furious round of calls to top Bush family donors to try to convince them that she represents their values better than Donald Trump, multiple sources in both parties told POLITICO.

The moves come as Clinton and the Democratic Party try to take advantage of deep unease among establishment Republicans on Wall Street and elsewhere with Trump’s emergence as the presumptive Republican nominee.

Deleted
    Not really. The current status quo is social change, through progression of civil liberties. So the changes that she would do would reflect that direction.
    This proves u dont get it.

Ive given u the reason why so many Bernie supporters will vote Trump... both of them want to dramatically change 'the system'. Hillary wants to keep the status quo, this is proven by her track record and her backers. People are not blind and can see this, that is why Bernie supporters will vote Trump over Hillary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    This proves u dont get it.

Ive given u the reason why so many Bernie supporters will vote Trump... both of them want to dramatically change 'the system'. Hillary wants to keep the status quo, this is proven by her track record and her backers. People are not blind and can see this, that is why Bernie supporters will vote Trump over Hillary.
    So they're stupid and petty and vote on memes as opposed to actual values. Yes, I get it. I really don't care about or for them though.

If not Bernie then Hillary. Trump would be a disaster not only for the US but the whole world.

It's silly to think that voting for Trump and watching him destroy the country will lead to an uprising and reset the nation with Sanders-politics. America will limp along until the next election.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    So, Hillary - "I didn't agree with gay marriage until 2013" - is your candidate for social progress.

Pretty pathetic, in my opinion.
    You must agree that it's better than "I don't believe in gay marriage".

Ps. I used to be a christian, but I'm not anymore....does that make me an untrustworthy flip-flopper? People must be allowed to change their minds about things.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    So they're stupid and petty and vote on memes as opposed to actual values. Yes, I get it. I really don't care about or for them though.
    Ur welcome to call them stupid but their motivations are simply different to yours.

Bernie and Trump are also on the same page regarding the big banks. They both want to dramically change things in the city.

Hillary is backed by the city and they want her to keep things as they are... and she will.