Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Invincible isn't valuable at all by most measures - yet it gold caps everytime on most servers. It's an easy 2 minute farm for any level 85+ character

The issue in this case a single gold cap isnt the sun & moon thanks to garrisons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Because of these items they're bringing out. People who didn't stock pile will have to wait a long time to get these items. Since I did stockpile, I will have enough to buy this mount and whatever other mount gold sink they decide to put in, gems, enchants for my alts aswell as main, and new goodies they bring out. What i'm saying is, take advantage of the Garrison while it's still there. I have nothing more to spend gold on, I have all TCG mounts/any possible BoE mount from the AH. thus why I am not spending anything.
    It's too late to take advantage of garrisons - they'll take too long to make profit on newly made ones.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    First of all I'm doubtful an 85 is going to solo ICC in 10 minuets, let alone 2. Second of all it's still a bloody rare mount. 1% drop rate on a weekly lock out? It's not something many people will easily get. Which you can't say for the spider who, thus far, seems to always be on the vendor's sell list and is limited by nothing more than the player's desire to waste money.
    You just do LK, use a save. It's also really not rare given how easy it is to run on multiple characters and that it's been an easy solo for nearly 4 years now.

You might not consider 10 mil to be the sun and the moon but I'd wager most people would disagree and there hasn't been any evidence thus far to suggest that people will even spend 10 million on these mounts once the gold cap is raised. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. My point is that I wouldn't bet money on people actually picking this mount up even if they had the gold. It's not worth the price and thus fails as a proper gold sink.
    How would you suggest one gets this evidence? Given it's not physically possible to.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've never made 100k gold in my entire account I think.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Well it seems in the latest build the prices have been increased.

I hope these aren't final, I'm all for gold sinks, but I think the newest prices are just a little bit over the top ><
    Well shit.. If those are final I am sure as hell not going to be able to afford that mount.. I only have one optimized garrison because I don't have the mental fortitude to having to sit through leveling and optimization of additional garrisons >.<

Honestly though, that 2,000,000 won't stay for long. Too many will whine about the price and they'll drop it back to 100k. I wonder if anyone would eve buy the celestial calf even if it stayed at 1m. Lmao
    Make it good for meta or the new howlbomb and they will.

Better yet, make it so you want 2-3 of them.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2016-05-06 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Make it good for meta or the new howlbomb and they will.
    Ha-ha, that's a great idea. (I jest, I am saying this only because I don't like the howlbomb, if the price was hurting some other technique that I'd consider valid, I'd be against it.)

I daresay anyone who's legitimately gone to farm invincible for a few months realistically has it, given the % and the amount of characters they'd have available.

The people buying I can only assume have so much gold they 'can't be bothered'.

On the other hand, spider is unique. Spider creeps people out. The spider had MASSIVE interest due to that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    Bonus 10 kek points if the mount gets recolored later in legion and tied to a drop or achievement so that everyone who blew all them bones on the vendor one will feel all the more stupid.
    It's almost guaranteed to be reused, yes. I hope everyone has the foresight for that. Exclusivity for now is their reward.

It's almost guaranteed to be reused, yes. I hope everyone has the foresight for that. Exclusivity for now is their reward.

I would rather have this one becuase its freakin awesome and colors are really nice.

Honestly though, that 2,000,000 won't stay for long. Too many will whine about the price and they'll drop it back to 100k. I wonder if anyone would eve buy the celestial calf even if it stayed at 1m. Lmao
    Either this or it's an error and they'll fix it. TBH I don't see any of these items staying that expensive. Of course I'll buy one eventually, but as of now I don't have any toons I'm interested in using the spider mount on, so it'd just be another for the collection.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

Ain't no way those items will cost that much. I doubt they would even be 500k at most they would be 100k to 200k. Anyone that has 1 million or more gold wouldn't spend it on things like that. Reason they have that much gold(or botting). Specially since one knows they will be recolored and reused anyway and probably free for end quest lines,rep or achievements awards anyway. I have that much gold and wouldn't even think of buying those things. Heck, I still haven't and refuse to buy the alliance bike. Why would I spend 100k on the ugly losing bike?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Ain't no way those items will cost that much. I doubt they would even be 500k at most they would be 100k to 200k. Anyone that has 1 million or more gold wouldn't spend it on things like that. Reason they have that much gold(or botting). Specially since one knows they will be recolored and reused anyway and probably free for end quest lines,rep or achievements awards anyway. I have that much gold and wouldn't even think of buying those things. Heck, I still haven't and refuse to buy the alliance bike. Why would I spend 100k on the ugly losing bike?
    C'mon, the Grand Expedition Yak mount was 120,000 gold, and that was TWO EXPACKS AGO. Two expacs worth of inflation, including the ridiculousness that was early/mid WoD, where people regularly hauled in multi goldcaps for just playing semi-regularly. A goldcap, which was a bit of an achievement in Cata, became only semi-hard to get in MoP and in WoD anyone who wanted just... got it. And then some. I was out of the loop for 2/3 of the expansion (took a break) and my goldmaking was casual at best - still raked in 2.5 mil over the lifespan of WoD without even fully optimizing my Garrison or doing any serious work with the shityard, just by selling surplusses and half-heartedly clicking gold missions on 5-6 characters.

If these items are supposed to serve their purpose as gold sinks *AND* be actual vanity items, this is what they must cost. If they cost a paltry 100k, like the MoP mount, people won't even blink, they'll just right click it without thinking like they're buying a 25g toy off a regular vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    2m for the mount and 1m for a pet? common if you gonna photoshop something at least make it believable and if those numbers are real then im sure its a mistake, doubt blizz would say "pay 3m for a pet and a mount" since not everyone is capped in gold.
    Haha I wish it was photo shopped, however that came directly from wowheads twitter. I'm not so mean as to try and fool folks. I'm a huge pet collector, and the price of this pet worries me a little , I much prefer them making us do something interesting to obtain pets. Meh, well we shall see, hope they have another rethink of pricing!

10+ Year Old Account
    take my money please

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    100k is one week of garrison money.

So there will have to be many others.
    Jesus christ, how? lol mind sharing with the rest of the class mate?

Warlock always and forever, Necromancer otherwise
    It is better to be feared than it is to be loved, if you cannot have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Ain't no way those items will cost that much. I doubt they would even be 500k at most they would be 100k to 200k.
    Either that or it means Legion is gonna shower us in gold to the point garrison "millionaires" will become irrelevant and inflation is gonna sweep the old advantages. I fully expect this to happen after goldcap was raised and now this... If 500k is what equals to the value of old haris pilton bag in TBC, then yea.

Even though I would think more reasonable prices would be 20k bag 50k pet 100k toy and 250k mount. No clue why bag or pet should be more expensive than a toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
    Jesus christ, how? lol mind sharing with the rest of the class mate?
    By having a fuckton of alts.

You're too late now.

By having a fuckton of alts.
    Now if someone shared me the secret how not to get bored out of your skull by doing full garrison on 20+ alts please...

I already stopped doing herbs / mine early in wod, demolished salvage yards after one of the many waves of nerfs because clicking thousands of boxes was driving me insane, never owned a barn or mage tower because farming mobs mindlessly isn't my cup of tea. I was doing missions, jc daily, started doing some inscription daily at some point, sold few items from professions but couldn't really take it as a full time job (supplying myself in mats, felblights, crafting, selling, reposting, it gets boring after some time).

I presume people who have tons of gold didn't make it by just sending missions, they count profession buildings, barns, salvage yards etc. into their "garrison income", and that's getting both time consuming and boring if you try to do it on all alts. And I'm not even hardcore like people who have 30, 50 or even 220 garrisons as I heard once on these forums. I levelled 1 of each class (good for legion I guess because of feat of strength to finish every class order hall campaign) and then a few more that were high level, abandoned chars on other servers I left after transferring my main(s).

As the number of alts grew I had to start cutting activities I do on each of them in every garrison because it started becoming unmanageable. Also boring. I was putting music on or alt tabbing to mmo-champ every few minutes because it was becoming a chore hard to press myself to finish. I was just telling myself rewards are good, keep at it, stockpile gold for legion. Now I see it wasn't even enough.

People would spend 30minutes-1 hour each day on their alts, heck plenty with <10 do it twice a day on htese forums.

I personally never even did it on a second character, I've ruled over AH's before and don't really need that much gold. It wasn't worth logging in even 1 char, and I quit farm/mine within 2 weeks of launch.