Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is it worth coming back to LoL?

I haven't played League since Azir (I think that's the right name) came out. Is the game still any good?

I mean the game itself is fine I guess, right now we are in a tank meta so big beefy champs that build sunfire and iceborn gauntlet are the top dogs.
    Dynamic queue can be pretty annoying if you are the odd man out of a premade.
    Taric rework is coming next week.
    Huge mage update and AP item rework is in the patch after (so in about 3 weeks-ish).
    Riot is being super dumb and faith in them is probably at an all time low, but like I said the game is pretty okay right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you like tanks.

If you like getting dominated in every lane by graves and sometimes quinn

If you have friends to play with

Your time is now.

URF is coming soon too.

Deleted
    If you have friends you can play non-rankeds with, you can still have fun.
    This new "weekend featured mode" is rather nice too.

If you are alone and aiming for rankeds, better stay away. This game is a mess and unfun in every possible way, and I don't see it coming out of this "everybody oneshot everyone" meta anytime soon.

Deleted
    If you are alone and aiming for rankeds, better stay away. This game is a mess and unfun in every possible way, and I don't see it coming out of this "everybody oneshot everyone" meta anytime soon.
    Weird, we talking about the same game here?

Tank meta is kind of cancerous but it's a fun game to play casually. If you have friends to play with then give it a try but if you're gonna play solo the game is a bit rougher.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

The meta has changed a lot and the game doesn't seem to be as fun as it used to despite a lot of new champion releases, it's just whatever suits you.

Deleted
    Yeah you should totally comeback. Because there is every weekend new gamesmodes !

I like the game but it's such an addictive timesink... I don't think it has changed significantly since Azir release for the better or worse.

I enjoy playing tanks, so this meta is fun to me. But if that's not your thing, it may suck. You can still have fun though, because the rotating modes and non-ranked games are still fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if you want to get flamed by little kids and spend 50 minutes just to lose and get pissed off

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Only if you want to get flamed by little kids and spend 50 minutes just to lose and get pissed off
    I still don't have that many negative experiences in LoL. In fact I've had several positive experiences, some of which I brought about. Nothing beats an Amberlamps Soraka NEE NAW
    RETH

Deleted
    LoL is just getting kinda more casual, and new designs are kinda .... meh, they could use some community feedback, skin concepts etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaudam View Post
    Yeah you should totally comeback. Because there is every weekend new gamesmodes !
    WAIT! is it going to be like this forever with the new game modes every weekend? I was thinking it was just for a limited time, but that's awesome if it's not! I already miss URF and one for all

I almost exclusively experience league as a spectator sport now. However sometimes I get urges to play teemo bot lane with my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by iPoopRainbows View Post
    WAIT! is it going to be like this forever with the new game modes every weekend? I was thinking it was just for a limited time, but that's awesome if it's not! I already miss URF and one for all
    Ascension is up this weekend and it isn't too long since last time that was up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dethmourne View Post
    I haven't played League since Azir (I think that's the right name) came out. Is the game still any good?
    If you enjoy playing tanks, this is the right meta for you! Tanks dominate.

Also mages after the last rework is pretty strong. Malz is a 100% pick or ban champion now, for instance.

Burst is also way out of control, so if you don't like being one shot by pretty much any mage as a squishy, you should stay away. My ADC duo buddy is having a bad time, being blown up by pretty much anything that touches him..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Games rarely last 50 minutes though. And you can always just mute anyone who flames. Also disable /all chat, that shit is just 100% pure cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

got like dunno how many champions but alot of skins, like 100 or so and close to equal on champions dunno. (waisted alot of money on this game) on my account that i havent touched in very many months...
    Seems stupid to have such an account and not play it. But then again long games are too much for me these days.

Quote Originally Posted by kolboti View Post
    got like dunno how many champions but alot of skins, like 100 or so and close to equal on champions dunno. (waisted alot of money on this game) on my account that i havent touched in very many months...
    Seems stupid to have such an account and not play it. But then again long games are too much for me these days.
    Games last around 30 minutes though, so not those 1 hour long games anymore (though they might occure)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

If you found it fun previously, I'd say you'd still find the game enjoyable to some degree most likely. It's still fundamentally the same game it was before.

The community is still salty