Page 22 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Damn, that's some good news to read in the morning !

Fireball got a ~20% buff
    Inferno Blast got a 20% buff
    Pyroblast got a 10% buff

That's the visible changes, I will do more in-depth testing this evening

7+ Year Old Account
    Araitik, and I guess anyone else in the Alpha, can you please do some testing and give some feedback in the official Legendary feedback thread on Fire's Legendaries? Considering that they appear to be blatantly unusable or garbage (especially in comparison to the majority of other specs), it would be really nice that as much detailed feedback on them be given as early as possible otherwise we'll be stuck with hard-casting Pyro every few seconds, a Scorch rotation (lol), and an unbelievably situation Dragon's Breath range extension... yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothex View Post
    Araitik, and I guess anyone else in the Alpha, can you please do some testing and give some feedback in the official Legendary feedback thread on Fire's Legendaries? Considering that they appear to be blatantly unusable or garbage (especially in comparison to the majority of other specs), it would be really nice that as much detailed feedback on them be given as early as possible otherwise we'll be stuck with hard-casting Pyro every few seconds, a Scorch rotation (lol), and an unbelievably situation Dragon's Breath range extension... yuck.
    100% this, half the legendaries sound like they were made by someone who has never played fire. I can deal with the helm being a nice QoL item as most specs have them, but the other two need a hard looking at/rework.

In the upcoming build, Phoenix Flames should be proccing Heating Up/Hot Streak only from the single-target damage.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...16?page=12#231

I didn't see any mention of that in the build, though.

Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage View Post

They can't document everything, especially in Alpha, or the patch notes would be 5x longer.

Also, this change is obviously a nerf but I kind of expected it : on a pack of mobs, you could do PF - Flamestrike 3 times way too fast and easily. Now, you will need to throw in an Inferno Blast, or luck if you have Controlled Burn (which I hope they will remove)

That change is live from what I can tell. Previously if I combusted and hit PF I would generate hotstreak but now after just checking in org it only generates heating up.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2016-05-06 at 10:43 AM.

Deleted
    The tuning is still going on. Don't expect those changes to be set in stone when it's only tuning changes. The game will likely keep being tuned even during the first days of Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    That change is live from what I can tell. Previously if I combusted and hit PF I would generate hotstreak but now after just checking in org it only generates heating up.
    I assume you mean the "splash" damage from PF isnt procing you a Hotstreak and only the single hit form PF is generating the Heating Up. Or are you saying that on single target the PF is only able to proc a Heating Up, and even with a Heating Up you are not able to get a Hotstreak?

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    I assume you mean the "splash" damage from PF isnt procing you a Hotstreak and only the single hit form PF is generating the Heating Up. Or are you saying that on single target the PF is only able to proc a Heating Up, and even with a Heating Up you are not able to get a Hotstreak?
    The splash doesn't seem to be proccing anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    So Watcher made another post in the Legendaries thread. I guess the most relevant part related to Fire here would be this:

Which seem underwhelming, such that you'd be disappointed at getting them instead of one of the others?
    PLEASE for the love of fucking god can someone reply to that thread and give a detailed explanation of how disappointing Fire's Legendaries are? I honestly don't want a situation where nearly no feedback is posted and then we're stuck with this shit for the entire xpac. Araitik and whoever else is in Alpha we're pretty much relying on you guys to speak for us considering we can't do shit without being in Alpha.

Cause fuck me if one of the Fire Legendaries dropped I'd be pretty disappointed. I'd have much preferred the previous iterations of them from 6 months ago, they were tons better and interesting.

I'm not in the Alpha however...

Shard of the Exodar - tool tip states that this is useless in raids and party, so unless its world pvp or pve this is incredibly disappointing to have drop.

Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus - If everyone in the raid had one of these you would start the fight with a full 25% shield on every player. Depending on the encounter and a players personal performance you could chain 100% up time on the shield. I can see healers getting very bored with this, and super skilled groups might even drop a healer for a dps.

Belo'vir's Final Stand - Belo'vir + Cauterizing Blink + shimmer = UNSTOPPABLE!

Koralon's Burning Touch - Greatly Devalues Scorched Earth (not that it had much value to begin with, certainly an issue of its own)

Darckli's Dragonfire Diadem - Depending on how much damage Dragon's Breath does in Legion, this could be a fantastic addition to the spell rotation. If the damage isn't so great I guess you could use it on newly spawned packs of adds without having to get in range? /shrug kind of indifferent towards this one.

Marquee Bindings of the Sun King - Lets look at the Artifact talents at max rank for a second. Great Balls of Fire increases Fball damage by 15%. Fire at Will reduces Fball cast time by 10% and Pyroclasmic Paranoia Increases damage dealt by Pyroblast by 10%. I could be wrong, but at a 4.5 second cast even with an extra 100% spell power Fball beats a hard cast Pyroblast. Ignoring that, lets say that Pyroblast IS a dps increase, I wouldn't use it as 4.5 is a VERY long time to be doing anything and I cant think of an encounter in today's game that would allow me to cast for that long.

Norgannon's Foresight - We have a talent that does this and is much more reliable, if Ice Floes had something worth competing with then perhaps this would be good, but as it stands I will always pick Ice Floes making this Legendary's usefulness very very low for me.

So is Living Bomb still really shit with the new mechanic? Haven't been keeping up with Fire much since I saw that and gave up on playing the flashiest of our 3 specs.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Honestly they should just make Living Bomb do a small damage pulse upon cast that spreads the bomb and have done with it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Shard of the Exodar - tool tip states that this is useless in raids and party, so unless its world pvp or pve this is incredibly disappointing to have drop.

Belo'vir's Final Stand - Belo'vir + Cauterizing Blink + shimmer = UNSTOPPABLE!

Koralon's Burning Touch - Greatly Devalues Scorched Earth (not that it had much value to begin with, certainly an issue of its own)

Marquee Bindings of the Sun King - Lets look at the Artifact talents at max rank for a second. Great Balls of Fire increases Fball damage by 15%. Fire at Will reduces Fball cast time by 10% and Pyroclasmic Paranoia Increases damage dealt by Pyroblast by 10%. I could be wrong, but at a 4.5 second cast even with an extra 100% spell power Fball beats a hard cast Pyroblast. Ignoring that, lets say that Pyroblast IS a dps increase, I wouldn't use it as 4.5 is a VERY long time to be doing anything and I cant think of an encounter in today's game that would allow me to cast for that long.

Norgannon's Foresight - We have a talent that does this and is much more reliable, if Ice Floes had something worth competing with then perhaps this would be good, but as it stands I will always pick Ice Floes making this Legendary's usefulness very very low for me.
    Cut a couple out and thought I'd comment on the others.

I wouldn't mind too much having Shard of the Exodar. I do a lot of solo play and I think this would potentially be pretty useful for things like World Quests and outdoor world content. However, if you're a person who only does raiding or groups for outdoor content then yeah I can understand that getting this would be sad. However, mechanically it's interesting and not useless. It provides a really interesting effect without impacting the balance of raiding and endgame play, which I think is pretty cool. Although, this would have to NOT work in raids otherwise I can see before each boss a: drop raid group>solo TW>rejoin group>then extra TW later on, which I doubt would have been Blizzard's intention with this.

Someone already commented in that thread that Belo'vir's Final Stand's shield does not stack when Shimmer is taken, the duration is just extended. I guess we don't know how they intend for this to work and it could change in the future. However, if you did want to be a Mage with Shimmer and a boss fight has lots of constant damage, you'd have pretty decent survivability.

Koralon's Burning Touch is by far the most fucking useless thing ever. They want us to Scorch in our rotation? What was the point of having all those +Fireball artifact traits? I literally don't understand the intention of this item or what possible reason they could have for this. I'd cry if it dropped for my 1st legendary.

Marquee Bindings of the Sun King is also something that needs to die too. Considering the rate at which Hot Streak is gained at the moment, the rotation would effectively be an almost-entirely Pyroblast rotation between instants and hard-casted. I couldn't think of anything more boring. Plus, is it even a dps gain in the first place? A 4.5s hard-cast for +100% damage doesn't seem like it could replace the +Fireball artifact traits in terms of output but needs numbercrunching. I'd also cry if I got this.

Depending on the proc rate, I'm on the fence for Norgannon's Foresight. If the proc rate was super high, considering that both Frost and Fire use lots of instants, it might not be too bad; although poor Arcane wouldn't really benefit from it as much. If the proc rate was low then sticking with Ice Floes would be much more reliable. Although, being boots means that they don't take up any tier slots which is nice, I guess. Again, need to know the proc rate before judgement can be made.

In terms of Fire-specific Legendaries, Korlon's Burning Touch and Marquee Bindings need to get changed. The Dragon's Breath helm is a nice QoL change that might be useful in some situations but the other 2 are garbage IMO.

Deleted
    4.5 is a VERY long time to be doing anything and I cant think of an encounter in today's game that would allow me to cast for that long.
    All of them can use it at some points in the fight. But, it might be eventually weak because not the entire fight can use it. Pyroblast was a fun spell to cast when it did enormous damage but then people got used to it becoming instant and the fights became more complex.

- - - Updated - - -

It is likely the item will be OP on simple tank and spank fights.

- - - Updated - - -

The item can be OP if the proc rate is high, and the encounter can use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Honestly they should just make Living Bomb do a small damage pulse upon cast that spreads the bomb and have done with it.
    Which means "Yes Polar/Pew, it still sucks shit"? Thanks Nick bby <3

Very sad though, been looking forward to playing Fire again, and LB was a big part of that.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Nice video on all the legendaries atm for mages

I honestly don't know why they increased the cast time for Pyroblast. It seems very odd to change, given that Pyroblast is only ever hardcasted as a precast, and it doesn't really matter how long it is for a precast.

With the WoD 3.5 cast time, the wrists might seem reasonable, but increasing the cast by almost 30% goes at odds with the point of the legendary, without affecting anything else. Maybe they'll increase the damage bonus, but reverting the cast time seems like a much simpler place to start.

I honestly don't know why they increased the cast time for Pyroblast. It seems very odd to change, given that Pyroblast is only ever hardcasted as a precast, and it doesn't really matter how long it is for a precast.

With the WoD 3.5 cast time, the wrists might seem reasonable, but increasing the cast by almost 30% goes at odds with the point of the legendary, without affecting anything else. Maybe they'll increase the damage bonus, but reverting the cast time seems like a much simpler place to start.
    Even if the cast time got reverted to 3.5, the item as a whole seems counter productive until you would get t19 4pc and thats not even day one released tier, that's 5-6 months later down the road. This would be the only legendary out of all the rest that wouldn't get used until a later time as opposed to here and now.

My problem with that legendary isn't even the damage it adds on the meter. They can easily make it worth using. The problem is that hard casting a 4 second pyroblast constantly is boring and shitty gameplay. Nothing will fix that without totally changing the spell or those wrists to do something other than + damage.