Poll: German-American Heritage Month

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Why are they less qualified? Because they're not white and male? Why is that your assumption why do word it that way.
    because they were chosen based on race not qualification...stop pulling nonsense arguments out of your ass.

Deleted
    Oh boy, what happened the last time we let the German's feel proud?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are only 12 months, and hundreds nations claiming a spot under the sun... Doesn't sound reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Sure, and while we're at it let's have Chinese history month, Greek history month, Russian history month, Scottish history month, Spanish history month, and all the other nationalities that make up the US. I mean, we literally wouldn't have "history" without the Greeks, since historiography began there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and make it April.

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    because they were chosen based on race not qualification...stop pulling nonsense arguments out of your ass.
    I say:

You have two people white male and black male both equally qualified however the company is almost entirely white and male, so the company decides we need some diversity, let's go with the equally qualified black guy.

You're saying because he's black he's instantly less qualified? That's just stupid. You say they're chosen not based on qualification which is just fucking stupid again, because well you know these are companies right? They need to make money not lose money, when they aim for diversity they aim for a qualified pool. It's always these little angry white guys who think they're at the bottom of the totem pole and love playing the victim that say oh no all these people are unqualified because they're not white like I am so they just be less qualified.

White guy doesn't get a job but a minority does, oh it's because they're a minority, no way they can be better than me because they're not white.

It's just fucking racist.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Sure, and while we're at it let's have Chinese history month, Greek history month, Russian history month, Scottish history month, Spanish history month, and all the other nationalities that make up the US. I mean, we literally wouldn't have "history" without the Greeks, since historiography began there.
    We really don't have a Chinese or Japanese History Month, but we do have an Asian-American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month.

I'm also of the opinion that there should be no special history months at all, we just need to stop being shitty about how we teach history. Although from my experience as a budding historian, most of the college generation doesn't care about history anyway, so eh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    We really don't have a Chinese or Japanese History Month, but we do have an Asian-American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month.
    We're going to need more months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    I'm also of the opinion that there should be no special history months at all, we just need to stop being shitty about how we teach history. Although from my experience as a budding historian, most of the college generation doesn't care about history anyway, so eh.
    I agree, but not about the generation not caring about history. When I grew up, history was taught very poorly. Could learn a lot from Extra History.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I say:

You have two people white male and black male both equally qualified however the company is almost entirely white and male, so the company decides we need some diversity, let's go with the equally qualified black guy.

You're saying because he's black he's instantly less qualified? That's just stupid. You say they're chosen not based on qualification which is just fucking stupid again, because well you know these are companies right? They need to make money not lose money, when they aim for diversity they aim for a qualified pool. It's always these little angry white guys who think they're at the bottom of the totem pole and love playing the victim that say oh no all these people are unqualified because they're not white like I am so they just be less qualified.

White guy doesn't get a job but a minority does, oh it's because they're a minority, no way they can be better than me because they're not white.

It's just fucking racist.
    yes....it is fucking racist against white
    whites dont get jobs because they are white, anywhere.....
    nonwhites DO....so yes it is racist, just reversed.

I know better than to try to sway your opinion....you arent unbiased, which really makes you part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    yes....it is fucking racist against white
    whites dont get jobs because they are white, anywhere.....
    nonwhites DO....so yes it is racist, just reversed.

I know better than to try to sway your opinion....you arent unbiased, which really makes you part of the problem.
    Do you not realize how stupid what you're saying is? The reason AA exist is because whites get jobs everywhere... Oh are you unbiased?